Spannerperson wanted for BMW help

purplebargeken

My back is again fucked. My levels of frustration and irritation are at max and I know if I start trying to spanner the blue BMW myself it will not end well.

I am willing to put some money into the car as a new PCV/CCV kit is about 40 quid, I can't imagine a couple of small bore rubber hose costing more than a couple of quid, so that is fair enough.

What I am really in need of is actual spanner wielding support to do the CCV and replace those little hoses. 

So, is there anyone who is able to do this for me on here?

Obviously money will be provided.

Car is located about 7 miles from Chelmsford.

Cheers

Ken

Ken...

I know this car has caused you some grief, but surely it's too good to scrap?

How soon do you have to be rid of it?

This is the worst time of year - every weekend booked up to Christmas and beyond - but if you can hang on to it for a bit I'm sure I can figure something out.

I know absolutely nothing but you've made the job sound easy and if you can stand up straight and direct me exactly what to do maybe we can sort it out.

German cars are so good, nothing ever goes wrong with them.

Weighbridge that miserable tosh and buy a proper car.

For God's sake.

It's not my fault you fell for this shit.

I'm not responsible.

Besides, whatever car has anything called a CCV needs scrapping on a general principle.

Hmm, hardly ‘fell for it’ I gave it to Ken for zilch, nada, nothing. I could have flogged it and got much needed money for myself but hoped it would help a mate out. I thought it would fulfill his need for an auto with a little work, which it would (stupid government aside). It certainly isn’t shit in anyway and it pisses me off when people are offensive when folk are just trying to help a mate out.

The repair of this car is laughably easy. 

Honestly Ken, you fucked around with useless K Series junk for how long? Here's a car for free that will, with one small repair job, be a useable and saleable car. Unlike that Rover Krap, it has something resembling a proper engine. Why not just pay a mobile mechanic to fix it? The car is worth £600 fixed with an MOT, a mechanic will charge you 60 quid to fit the CCV valve. It's an hour's work.

To just scrap it is a bit of a slap in the face tbh.

You could always just give it back...........

Thanks Rev, I was more than happy for it to go to Ken and we did discuss the worse case scenario of him scrapping it to cover any costs he had incurred trying to fix it somif that has to happen then so be it, but it’s a really good example except for this issue, none of the usual rot, Michelin cross climates all round, all the electrics work as they should, new rad and various other bits in the last 18 months and low mileage for the age. It was owned by two people in a local family before I had it, A doctor who practices locally and his son (in his 40s). I would love to see it saved but what will be will be.

I was having an especially crappy day yesterday, not much better today tbh. Fixed the Micra but got shitty words and hassle in return. hey ho.

I've ordered some 4mm ID hose to replace the cracked stuff on that valve type thingy that I've circled in the photo on the main thread for the Beemer. Should do the job quite easily.

Now knowing the engine code has narrowed down the CCV type (I think).

I have an Essex mobile mechanic to call tomorrow and discuss. 

Am up for it if you want to partake of some spanner twirling. I'm off for a couple of weeks as of the 20th if that helps.

Is this a description of the work needed: https://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f18/2002-e46-318i-pcv-change-information-t38225/, ive had an E46 before but it was the 330d so im not fimilar with the job but it sounds easy enough.