Bramz ever changing fleet merry go round.

bramz7

3 hours ago, Angrydicky said:

F619 POO? They've had that for at least ten years to my knowledge, seen it out of the car park only a couple of times!

Edit: its been out of mot since Feb, is it still there?

The one by Bournes Green?  I did go past that way on Sunday, didn't see it but then I didn't really look for it.   I usually notice it so perhaps it wasn't there.

3 minutes ago, snagglepuss said:
8 hours ago, bramz7 said:
Already had someone leave a note on it asking to buy it, no dice pal! 
I've never had notes left on anything before. 

Did you hear the sound of Bucketeers massive feet scampering away?

I had to take his note off to get mine on there!

Well, I had decided to spend some of my savings on a decent car that will hopefully last and just be a car. 

I found a BMW 318TDS and another Xantia, but despite both being within budget and decent cars judging from the sellers, I couldn't get excited about either and was stalling viewings. I was determined to find something else, and woke up abruptly last night (previous evening night shift ruined my sleeping) and set about ransacking Gumtree for something decent, a tall order these days. 

However, I came across an Audi A6 TDI for £550. Cheap, and not far from where I was heading today. Surely too good to be true?!

Pestered the seller relentlessly and got a response earlier today, yes the car was still around and yes it had had a new cambelt, crank pulley and injection pump belt in the last year. 

Owner picked me up from Mills Hill station in an Audi 80 TDI. A good start. 

He then told me it was a 6 speed (maximum mpg alert!!!) And it looked good from first impressions, largely straight and tidy. Some front arch rot, and the tyres, whilst Firestone and full of tread, are quite elderly. 

Clutch tested, nicely balanced and the gearbox was brilliant. Gears slot in and no sloppy linkages. All the windows work, central locking works and the heaters heat up! No stereo, but I'll take the burble of the 5 pot. 

It's the lower powered 115hp TDI, but still has plenty of poke and is a real good cruiser. 70 is 2k revs.

No wheel wobble, but the brakes are a bit poor. There is also a fair bit of clag but I'm thinking it needs the cobwebs blowing out more than anything else. 

The seats aren't great in typical Audi fashion but they promote better posture and are still way better than the concrete A4 ones. I could find leather ones if I can be bothered to look I guess. 

Oh yeah and it's tested for 12 months!!!!

20190628_170854.jpg

20190628_185444.jpg

10 hours ago, RobT said:

Sounds a good 'un, stick with it!  I'd happily do one of these first generation A6s, but preferably in pez flavour.

Stick with it? Pahaha.  Nice one. 

It looks great. It’ll definitely see you through July. 

Back in the late 90s my brother was a serial shiter and had an E reg AX. E___ FRP. It shit its belt so he got rid. Someone fixed it and managed to torment him with it for about 5 further years! His was a 1.0 having had a 1.4 before it. After that it was a Peugeot 309 for him!