Bramz ever changing fleet merry go round.

bramz7

Also I'd like to thank everyone for the kind comments regarding my current fleet* (is two a fleet?!)

The Audi has been an impressive daily so far. So much mid range on demand, the 5 pot happily goes (well above, or so I'm told) 70 when needed, and no down shift required.

It's peculiar how I was thinking about them the other day and thought the boat had long sailed, largely down to rarity. Just goes to show, never give up on shite dreams.

Now I really want a MK2 Espace. 

21 minutes ago, bramz7 said:

Not sure why the MK2....they just appeal somewhat. 

I'm not sure why I'm bothering as I'm reasonably certain all the survivors are hanging. 

Mk2 is the mildly facelifted version of the original. 

Mk1 phase 2 is the mildly facelifted version of the original, which I prefer.

Mk1 ph1 has the squarer front.

I've seen plenty of tasty French stuff with better seats and diesel engines that's been trying it's best to tempt me out of the Audi but it's just not going to happen. I did toy with the idea of getting a 'backup' car but that would be limited to stuff that qualifies for classic cover and writes off most of the things I've seen. 

However, I have a slight issue with the upcoming FOTU. Currently, only the Audi is roadworthy, the AX hasn't been touched as my friend who went halves with me hasn't been round to see it yet. Obviously it won't be ready to drive for a good while yet. 

Is me taking the Audi to the FOTU a massive faux pas? Will I be heckled? Will I be excluded from the forum? Why do I care? 

I had been hoping to pick up something 90s and awful/oddball but the market is so terrible currently. That and my sub £500 budget...

I've seen plenty of tasty French stuff with better seats and diesel engines that's been trying it's best to tempt me out of the Audi but it's just not going to happen.

I would like the seats and suspension of a French car with a 90s VAG diesel powerplant.
You could have comfy Swedish seats and a 90s VAG diesel but 850s/x70s don't ride that well.

No they really do not. Plus whilst the Audi isn't a handling powerhouse, all the Volvo's I've had (well the V70 and 850) have been far too easy to tempt into understeer, and the steering lock was diabolical. 

Thankfully VAG mounted the engine the correct way in the A6. 

The hunt is now on for something truly odd and maybe terrible as I've got some money burning a hole. I did have a leather clad Xantia in my watch list but seeing it there has made me go cold to them again. I'd maybe entertain another straight diesel as they are hilariously slow but oddly calming 

Budget:

Sub £500, in fact the cheaper the better. 

I want a reasonable length ticket. 

Not a wreck. 

Something truly mundane but I'm not talking Almera or Daewoo Matiz, those are far too common. Plus I hate them.

I'd love an Espace or early Neon. Or some huge forgotten Korean barge. I've got a Lantra in my watch list for example, admittedly not a barge. 

I might even entertain a MK3 Astra.

Ideally not something I've owned. 

I look forward to the responses.

Whatever I do buy may be offered on here shortly. 

I don't want the Rover you accidentally won either (looking at you, The Doctor.)

I don't think you have had a Cavalier yet. This one is pretty tidy looking and has quite a bit of MOT left (along with no previous mention of rust on the MOT checker). Could possibly be worth seeing if he will do it for £500.

830685937__86(1).thumb.JPG.70fb47be5d2a9e763eb4a3c1d25eb628.JPG

https://www.gumtree.com/p/vauxhall/vauxhall-cavalier-mk3-automatic-classic-/1345516360

Plus it is in the best Vauxhall colour of the 90s; Nautilus Blue

2 minutes ago, Brodders said:

Or if something in a sharper suit was wanted, this Calibra could be worth a look. Pre-facelift 2.0 with 9 months of MOT. Up for £595, but if you went waving £500 it might work out.

161601998__86(2).thumb.JPG.7e92dbddd2b48ba337fc13dc1c8aa707.JPG

https://www.gumtree.com/p/vauxhall/vauxhall-calibra-2li-1993-rare-/1344662664

That’s lovely. If I had £500 spare I’d be ringing him yesterday for a viewing.