Bramz ever changing fleet merry go round.

bramz7

Yikes, not updated this for a while. 

Much fleet happenings commencing from this coming week.

Also, a genuinely desperate plea here, does anyone have any storage for my Tempra? I don't want to sell it but need to put it somewhere for a little while. I need it be covered though....

A swap has occured. 

It's a 1.6 auto, and it's no speed machine but it bloody goes well, far better than I anticipated. 

Xantia gone, and my other half wants to learn how to drive so this will be hopefully ideal for her. Plenty of scars and a broken glove box but it's not half bad. 

20190611_155443.jpg

20190611_155418.jpg

On 6/9/2019 at 10:50 PM, bramz7 said:

Also, a genuinely desperate plea here, does anyone have any storage for my Tempra? I don't want to sell it but need to put it somewhere for a little while. I need it be covered though....

If all else fails, the usual offer of my drive is open, of course

On 5/22/2019 at 10:03 PM, wuvvum said:

The Y10 does that - the locking doobery works to an extent, but not as well as it should, and given that the steering is relatively heavy when parking one does quite often get some unwanted column movement.  It's on my list to look at as well.

I found tightening the hefty nut on the opposite side of the column to the pull down adjustment handle helped.  Then seeing which part of the columns travel has the least movement. As high as it will go was best on mine.  Alternatively a Panda column gets rid of the crappy adjustor but attaching the cowls is tricky as screw holes in different places. 

Verdict in, she doesn't like it! Apparently it sounds like a bus wanting to fall apart inside....I did say it's old and French. 

As far as driving, it feels like a bigger 205 inside but seems more planted. It's almost like a halfway house between the 205 and 405 which I guess was the intention. 

This arrived just now:

One of my holy grails, a 1.4 petrol AX!

Mine and my friends new project. Most certainly a project as it doesn't run currently, but I'm hoping it's nothing too serious. Tyres look ancient. 

It's done 32k and was one owner. It's the most solid AX I have ever owned. 

Let's hope this gets on the road quickly as I can't wait to drive it. 

20190619_195354.jpg

20190619_195434.jpg

20190619_195146.jpg

20190619_195454.jpg

44 minutes ago, skattrd said:

14, so should be quite nippy, but damn those plastics look grim.

They've faded quite well. 

However the dashboard hasn't cracked, and none of the other interior bits have degraded. It's been in a garage for ages so I hope exposure to the sun doesn't cause it to fall apart!

I really hope the running issue isn't anything major. Not many moving pieces I guess. 

9 hours ago, EssDeeWon said:

There is a tatty F reg sporty version near me, what did they call em?  anyway think that's a 1.4,

edit*  Just answering my own question, its a GT and totally bog standard, but tatty

F619 POO? They've had that for at least ten years to my knowledge, seen it out of the car park only a couple of times!

Edit: its been out of mot since Feb, is it still there?