Bramz ever changing fleet merry go round.

bramz7

Sexy times. That looks really straight.

They're getting rarer. I spot about one a month now.

Main beam is indeed under the windscreen. At night they're great but unfortunately dipped beam are a bit rubbish. The fogs in the bumper make up for it though.

Your description is spot on about the windows. I'm positive the average driver can see my lap. Eventually you get used to it.

I need to get some remap action on it now so I can annoy (more) BMW/Aldi drivers.

9d0d330430cc1a7777deab70e9988465.jpg

Being a Fiat, it has some minor issues:

-Stereo works but driver side speakers are a bit flaky. Oddly decent sound though.

-Rear door card 'material' loose on passenger side rear

-Rusty looking inner rear arches. Might kill it come MOT time but it might just need a ton of underseal...

-Interior plastic has biodegraded in that typical Fiat fashion

-Vibration at idle, a bit random as it won't happen when cold or all the time, I suspect something is loose

-Loose sounding something drivers side front...

-Speedo goes nuts if the car goes over 70.

-Windscreen washers might be broken

That is about it though, and given the Fiat era it comes from, that isn't bad at all. 

post-20043-0-80153800-1551432288_thumb.jpg

post-20043-0-25024000-1551432304_thumb.jpg

So trying to discover what is going on with the window wash (appears to be a dead pump) and I discovered a nasty little rot trap in these earlier Multiplas. The drivers side inner wing is rotting from the inside out, no doubt a dirt trap. The metal around the front suspension mount seems fine for now. That is definitely an MOT fail.

Passenger side one looks iffy, but not terrible.

Otherwise there is typical underseal peel and oxide round the rear inner arches.

First car I've had since a ZX where you can see daylight through the inner arches!

Excellent motors these Multipliers

Had our one 7 years, now on 180k

You bought the right engine and the right spec: Twin sunroofing = ELX

They drive so much better than FR-V, and considering the Fiat was at budget pricing, show up the Honda in other ways too. I know this because owned both and the Honda was sent packing

Okay, so me and the other half are moving house at the beginning of April. The Multipla will be used as a van for the most part, and then will be up for grabs via a cheap (sub £5) roffle.

I will then need something economical but with a good turn of speed for my then 65 mile commute on work days.

I'll keep a watchful eye on for sale adverts on here, as I'd rather deal with someone off of the forum then a disguised dealer on gumtree or something.

In other news, I managed to procure that might be, might not be HGF 800 for less than half the price I won it for. Collection is on Wednesday. I'm feeling confident.

It is, and it's very frugal, but I don't especially want to do 300 miles a week in it..... I try not to go over 72ish in it as it makes the speedo go nuts. I could stash it away even....

Gotta be honest, I was oddly tempted by Mattys Golf GTi on here, but I can't buy anything until April.

It is, and it's very frugal, but I don't especially want to do 300 miles a week in it..... I try not to go over 72ish in it as it makes the speedo go nuts. I could stash it away even....

Gotta be honest, I was oddly tempted by Mattys Golf GTi on here, but I can't buy anything until April.

Oh you can though, just let yourself go. In other news why can't fiat still come up with ideas like the multipla any more? Inspired design

Oh you can though, just let yourself go. In other news why can't fiat still come up with ideas like the multipla any more? Inspired design

No, unfortunately I really have to stick to this buying drought until the house move, not including this incoming 820 (with potential but hopefully not HGF).

One odd quirk with the Multipla, the rear windows are electric but you cannot open them from the drivers seat. I have never been in a car like that before.

If someone has a nice barge (diesel or straight six, they like motorways) for sale in the coming weeks, I may want it.

Alrighty, I've procured the eventual replacement for the Multipla now.

If a shiter wants it, it's available from the beginning of April and it's £275.

MOT until June something. I'll put it up for roffle if no one wants it outright.

Any more details about it please.

As I've just put on the ebay tat thread, I'd love the 850 when you've finished with it.  I phoned about it at 3.30 this afternoon and having checked insurance and train tickets was going down tomorrow morning.  Only to discover at 6pm that it had been sold.  Not a complaint; I've been away the last two days and just couldn't get there any sooner.  Hope you enjoy it but I'd appreciate knowing if/when you come to move it on.