Bramz ever changing fleet merry go round.

bramz7

I'm on a proper downer with the Buick right now. Not feeling great mentally at the moment and this leviathan outside is making it worse. I do want to make it nicer and drive it...but the other part of me just hates myself for buying something blind and in the dark yet again.

Anyone want a swap? Seriously. Swap value in the region of £800/900

stick with something up-together and reliable.

Ye what?

You could take the modernz route like we have with the leaf / legacy, and basically having spent so much you're stuck with them.  Then only have "one place" for tat you change every week/two weeks to get your fix.

Here's my advert on FB. I've only posted it to one decent group and not marketplace.

Due to a change in personal circumstances, I have to cut down to one car for the time being for my own health.

I only bought this a few weeks ago but can't keep it. It runs well enough, but it's a cheap Yank barge with MOT so does have its own issues, of which are detailed below:

-engine fan always on, relay?

-chips in windscreen

-central locking doesn't work

-boot release and fuel cap release don't work but boot opens with key and there is a manual cap release in the boot.

-scuffs all over

-some visible rust

-ABS and service light on

-no headlining

It does drive well though. The engine is good for cruising and it's seriously quiet on the road.

Not bad with fuel, but I'm a slow driver.

Lovely leather interior with working electric seats.

Stereo is pretty good and works!

Interior is largely very tidy.

Sounds nice.

I'm reasonably open to offers, but can't take much off the asking price. Not really open to swaps unless someone has a nice Citroen AX, or old Fiat.

Not had the V5 back yet, full reciept will be given.

Here's my advert on FB. I've only posted it to one decent group and not marketplace.

Due to a change in personal circumstances, I have to cut down to one car for the time being for my own health.

I only bought this a few weeks ago but can't keep it. It runs well enough, but it's a cheap Yank barge with MOT so does have its own issues, of which are detailed below:

-engine fan always on, relay?

-chips in windscreen

-central locking doesn't work

-boot release and fuel cap release don't work but boot opens with key and there is a manual cap release in the boot.

-scuffs all over

-some visible rust

-ABS and service light on

-no headlining

It does drive well though. The engine is good for cruising and it's seriously quiet on the road.

Not bad with fuel, but I'm a slow driver.

Lovely leather interior with working electric seats.

Stereo is pretty good and works!

Interior is largely very tidy.

Sounds nice.

I'm reasonably open to offers, but can't take much off the asking price. Not really open to swaps unless someone has a nice Citroen AX, or old Fiat.

Not had the V5 back yet, full reciept will be given.

You has PM

You're still battling your demons because you open the advert with the fact you need to get down to one car but then finish it inviting swaps for another type of car which is just as likely to have the same issues as the Yank Tank :-D (unless the only other car is the BMW currently for sale on this parish?).

What would the smoll car do that the other remaining steed on the fleet cannot? I can hit you up with Autotrader links if you like?

*poised*

EDIT - have you seen davehedgehog's C1 for sale? It looks ace!

You're still battling your demons because you open the advert with the fact you need to get down to one car but then finish it inviting swaps for another type of car which is just as likely to have the same issues as the Yank Tank :-D (unless the only other car is the BMW currently for sale on this parish?).

What would the smoll car do that the other remaining steed on the fleet cannot? I can hit you up with Autotrader links if you like?

*poised*

EDIT - have you seen davehedgehog's C1 for sale? It looks ace!

I was going to say the same thing. A swap achieves fuck all.

You’ve got to WANT to sell up, or don’t bother kidding yourself. Same as buying them. You’ve got to WANT them (not to amuse your peers or entertain randoms on the internet) or they just won’t stick.

I hope I’m not coming over as rude - blunt is what I’m aiming for. I’m a mentalist too, and sometimes it’s hard. Personally, rather than lose hundreds trying to flog a broken car when nobody has any money, I’d just stick it out of sight for a while and focus on you.

A car won’t, on its own, make you happy.

Good luck dude - we’re all rooting for you!

• 2 weeks later...

post-20043-0-07090800-1546854877_thumb.jpg

The main issue with my road is that the birds are shitting on cars constantly, so two weeks in the same spot made the Buick look like...well shit.

Gave it a cheap DIY jet wash today and it looks better, but by heck the paint is awful. I think the previous owner never cleaned it, and by the looks of the scuffs never quite got used to driving it either.

Eager to get it stored now. It really needs to be serviced and quite a lot more...I have a feeling the history I was told about didn't actually happen.

attachicon.gif20190107_094555.jpg

The main issue with my road is that the birds are shitting on cars constantly, so two weeks in the same spot made the Buick look like...well shit.

Gave it a cheap DIY jet wash today and it looks better, but by heck the paint is awful. I think the previous owner never cleaned it, and by the looks of the scuffs never quite got used to driving it either.

Eager to get it stored now. It really needs to be serviced and quite a lot more...I have a feeling the history I was told about didn't actually happen.

This really is a handsome thing in it’s own way, glad to hear it’s had a little bit of love thrown it’s way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reminiscing about some of my old cars today and came to the conclusion that the E36 I had was the best handling car I'd had, followed closely by the E34 and 605s.

Ergo, my one car aim of 2019 is to own another six pot E36, be it diesel or petrol, or another 605 of some description. Sadly the former is becoming a bit hard to find in trustworthy adverts, and the latter is rare as hens teeth.

In other news, the E46 is going soon. I've bought back (or will be buying back) the E34 to fix up (and keep miserable) and something else is incoming, more of that later.

• 2 weeks later...

Friggin hell, the past few posts on here are completely at odds with developments aren't they? Good, good that I am so decisive.

Anyway, despite me being odds on to buy a car first in 2019, I must be at the bottom of the pile as it's taken me TWENTY NINE days to acquire a car, albeit via a technical swap. 

Drum roll....

46195537604_ba2bf19864_c.jpg1995 Audi 80 TDI Automatic. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

46006014735_53a173d1a0_c.jpg1995 Audi 80 TDi Automatic. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

39955606283_02da5404dc_c.jpgAudi 80. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

46006014125_51e5467afe_c.jpgAudi 80 by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

Yep, its Wuvs old Audi 80 TDI Automatic. My first VAG diesel, and to be fair, it really feels like a well built, well engineered old thing. I was expecting slabs of concrete for seats after the experience with that cheap Audi A4 (B5) last year, but they actually have SOFT PADDING with a cord velour material, very nice! The engine is reasonably easy to wind up compared to other diesels of the era, and sounds vaguely similar to the 1.8 TD XUD. 

Fuel usage appears to be good.

Also has this:

39955606253_96c8d074bd_c.jpgAudi 80. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr

Yeah, a sport button. Okay. 

Fourth gear kicks in at about 45-47mph. Identical to the 2.1 XUD then.

Feels like driving a massive block of duplo, but the handling is pretty good and the interior plastics are very sturdy. 

Manual windows all round, but an electric sunroof. Okay.

About 4 buttons on the dashboard.

Stereo doesn't seem to work, it has some bubbling all over, the tyres need replacing....and the biggest issue is the hunting idle. It doesn't cut out, but the fuel pump desperately needs doing. It runs fine above 900 or so revs mind.

I actually like it though, it's really what I needed. 

In case you missed it, I hope to acquire a Safrane V6 from this forum shortly too. Mega excited.

I also fancy ticking my Volvo box, but really want an 850 or earlier V70. Don't want a show queen, just want one to blast about in for a short time. I know someone on here must have one!

Leccy sunroof but no ruddy lecture windows?

What was it with manufacturers offering weird options back then?

My Mk2 Cav GLi had Leccy mirrors (and a cool green light/button to press and demist them) but no leccy windows either.

I think I used the mirror switch twice in my entire ownership.

Weird.

They did have the later timing belt driven V6 in the Phase2. I wouldn't put mine up for sale if I had the space to keep it. However, since it will stay within the Autoshite community I can at least always keep it in sight. Just waiting now to hear back from Scaryoldcortina who has it for its MOT, the battery seems to be showing its age with these temperatures, I hope thats the only thing that needs attention.