Re-light my fire, illumination is my only desire… - Ohdearme’s turn of the century emporium

Ohdearme

Tonight’s misted windscreen and frozen testicles have spurred me into action...time to fix a five minute part.

503defa939fa2c3fa191e11b3a9df316.jpg

Freezing outside but solution found, sadly not portable.

cc918da9f259b98b826c8f6abf42b17b.jpg

Removal of glovebox requires my skill of choice...brute force yanking.

Just me and a t20 Torx to go and...oh these appear to be substantially different. :(

d3d21370989d1b2805a6664207ec6891.jpg

Pretty sure it’ll be fine, I’ll just plug it and hope for the best...

2d613802f144283d268efd0412c37398.jpg

3 pin versus 4 pin you bastards. Resisting urge to close circuit with paper clip and try it.

Question. eBay and part numbers or hbol wiring pages and snips? Hmmm.

About the heater, the owner before me had one that plugged into the 12v sockets. No idea how successful that was.

I would refer you to the melted fuse on the heater/sockets circuit as to how well that worked!

As for the plugs...sod that, sniffing around I discovered they’re buried bloody elbow deep at the back of the block, how they thought his was a good idea I don’t know. I pulled off the false bulkhead but that doesn’t really make the access that much easier, there’s a fair bit of ancillaries to shift.

I have retired for the evening with wine and haribo.

Righto, since my evenings have been taken over renovating the house again I have no time for two car shitery.

I fired the Mondeo up for the first time in a month to move it out of the way of a delivery of 12 tonnes of hardcore and realised how neglected it is.

Unlike the galaxy, where I have fixed things, the Mondeo is very much in the ‘two steps backward phase’.

The eml is now flashing but a quick run on my private* road confirmed it will drives fine so maybe because it’s been sat?

I’m not going to fix the bits myself, nor am I going to have spare funds to pay a man to do so given the eye bleeding rate cash is pissing away on the house again so this is a roffle :)

I paid £500 but given it’s gone backwards, but still has ticket to July I think £5 a head is fair, or 3 for a lucky £13.

Good

Full black dead cow

2.5 V6 petroleums

Full main stealer history

Heated bum cheeks

Ticket to July

Half a tank of petrol included

Brand new fitted boot liner...mmm rubber

Bad

Needs a radio

New centre console to fix marks caused by my ham fists

Noisy wheel bearing drivers side needs attention (new pair supplied)

Locking wheel nut is AWOL making wheel bearing a nuisance to do

EML is now on but seems to drive ok

It’s a bit denty and scuffed around the place but nothing dangerous.

Indifferences

Replacement centre console to fix scratches caused by me trying to get out radio included

30mpgs ish

It’s in Castleford, West Yorkshire.

Pics to follow orbelsewhere up the thread, it hasn’t got any more dents in my ownership.

Probs best to start a proper roffle thread mate.

True, I’ll have to do copy paste and all that though lol...wife is currently engaging my ear asking me kitchen stuff about which I do not care.

But if anyone knows the answer to whether we should order kitchen cabinets in ‘Graphite’ or ‘Carbon’ (apparently two different shades of black?!?) Then I’d be happy for the answer and some peace.

Why she thinks a bloke that twats about town in a variety of knackered cars cares about aesthetics is beyond me.

The Galaxy is devouring brake fluid somewhere but as to the leaks by all over the drive, builder fessed up his van is leaking a bit of oil so the pools on my driver were him not me.

I’m hearing a slight hissing/noise as I’m driving along from behind the driver side dash, sounds like a loss of vacuum and constant repressurising? Probably related to the fluid dropping?

Thoughts welcome as I know nothing of such systems beyond checking the level and fitting discs and pads.

You should have kept the Saab, the blower worked fine in that.

That's because I fixed it! Thought it was the motor, so replaced that. Turned out it was the motor controller, so fixed that. So newish motor and cleaned up motor controller.

Not seen 95quidpeugeot on here for a while. Hope he/the Saab is ok.