Pedal and pop moped!

petermcpete

I've got an unjustifiable, unexplainable craving for a 'pedal and pop' type moped (Mobylette, Puch Maxi, Honda Camino etc), from the 60s/70s/80s to pooter about on.

Anyone on here got one that's not being use and fancy freeing up some space?

Not fussy on either a perfect one or one needing a bit of work...

one needing a bit of work...

£40 of your earth pounds would buy you a mostly all there but rough as a badgers arse 1970's Honda Novio with PC50 engine. And by rough I mean bloody rough.

I can get some photos tomorrow as its behind the NVT 50 in the shed

£40 of your earth pounds would buy you a mostly all there but rough as a badgers arse 1970's Honda Novio with PC50 engine. And by rough I mean bloody rough.

I can get some photos tomorrow as its behind the NVT 50 in the shed

Sounds interesting, I like a challenge.

Where are you based, and do you know which parts are missing?

Sounds interesting, I like a challenge.

Where are you based, and do you know which parts are missing?

Im In Preston (  thats the one in Lancashire) and I'll get you some photos - the important bit ( the engine and ancillaries) is there ist silly bits like levers and grips that are missing oh and its a bit rusty.

Ive got an NVT that I'll be breaking and can donate the handlebars with their ancillaries and seat to the cause - I'll get some photos tonight all being well ( as I said its buried in the shed)

Very much a shed. But the PC50 donkey alone would sell for £60

Still has its number plate.

I've applied for a log book for the NVT but not the Novio.

Anyway £40 would buy the Novio off me if you or anyone else want it. The NVT frame and log book I'm keeping but it can be pillaged for bits. 3702df4c4b2c7688152341b713cd10bb.jpge0986fb125bc785fba2c2f91da56d618.jpg7aa2bbd5741adddacb333a0302c0f326.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

WOW! My first transport as a spotty* 16 year old was an NVT Moped. Bought brand new by my parents, it was chosen as it had a 2 speed gearbox to cope with the 70 mile round trip everyday, I was not allowed a motorcycle so sports mopeds were out and most importantly it was British*. In the first 6 weeks it spent 2 weeks at the dealer being repaired and the dealer told my father on the last visit (I was working at a supermarket shelf stacking to pay for the petrol to get me to college) that they thought they had sold the wrong bike as it could not cope with the mileage, and if it went wrong again they would take it back and sell us a sports moped. My younger brother was there and was sworn to silence so told me as soon as I got home! Less than a week later, after 4 return trips to college at exactly the speed where the gears changed the gearbox failed and I got a Suzuki A50P sports moped and I was so happy! I have not seen an NVT since until that picture.

Not surprisingly, the government website has no MOT info for VBF 857S so it has been off the road for many years, but might still exist in a shed somewhere as it has not been officially scrapped.

That NVT is a T plate. So next year I think before "tax and MOT free!!" They are a bit crap at the best of times.

Im going to start dismantling both bikes soon - the Novio will be first for the chop and get sold off as bits, so speak up if anyone wants first dibs as the bike as a whole.

Super rare Solex 6000 flash. Not cheap at £400 but you will win bragging rights as it is shaft drive and has a disc rear brake.attachicon.gifIMG_6209.JPG

Runs and rides and will hopefully get a dating certificate this weekend ready to register it.

Atala Califfone - with MOT - £200 - Surrey -

attachicon.gifped.jpg

Very much a shed. But the PC50 donkey alone would sell for £60

Still has its number plate.

I've applied for a log book for the NVT but not the Novio.

Anyway £40 would buy the Novio off me if you or anyone else want it. The NVT frame and log book I'm keeping but it can be pillaged for bits.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thanks chaps, much appreciated. However I've decided to go for Junkman's Mobylette - it's a sexy beast and it'll fulfill my french mechanical fetish!

Will post an update here when it's collected and back on the road.

Thanks chaps, much appreciated. However I've decided to go for Junkman's Mobylette - it's a sexy beast and it'll fulfill my french mechanical fetish!

Will post an update here when it's collected and back on the road.

A wise choice. Enjoy plodding and the smell of Castrol R

• 3 weeks later...

I've been messing with the ex Castro's Bro Atala Califfone today but cant get it to rev past about half throttle.

Carb cleaned thoroughly a few times and fresh fuel/oil mix and no joy.

I ordered a new carb and spark plug that will be here by next weekend so hopefully that sorts it. It's all legally ready to go now, just needs to run nicely.