Hedgehog Motors - The ̶L̶e̶x̶ Rex Files

davehedgehog31

1 minute ago, Lacquer Peel said:

It's a shame about the red 205 giving trouble, I think it's been vegged in the past

I feel like people are a bit too obsessed with veg. It was a good idea when these cars were a decade or so old, but running it through them at 30 years old just sounds like a death sentence.

3 minutes ago, Lacquer Peel said:

I envy your empty off road car park (and most of the fleet tbh).
It's a shame about the red 205 giving trouble, I think it's been vegged in the past and that can provoke old rubber seals to leak. Where is it leaking from on the pump?

Yeah, it's had a hard life I think and now reaping what has been sown. Shame as the last owners documented on here have all put a lot of work in. 

It's hard to see where it's leaking, but I would guess its on the bottom about one third from the right. It's coming out at a fair rate. 

As you say the veg can attack seals, some folk of opinion that running on diesel can help replenish things, but it would need to be stemmed significantly before it goes on the road, for the sake of motorcyclists everywhere. 

If anyone would like to take it on, do shout... Scrap is £93.

Think I mentioned it earlier too, but a clogged return pipe is seemingly another possible cause, causing fuel to back up with nowhere to go. I'm going to disconnect it at the pump and route some fuel hose into a separate container to see if things clear up at all. 

If not too bad they can indeed stop leaking but that's for pumps that are weeping really not so much pissing out. D Spares previously off here has experienced this and so have I when taking the piss a bit too much of a Lucas pumped XUD. I've never experienced proper problems with Bosch pumps but then again I used to use a bit of common after initial issues in the cold and ran 100% veg, mixed diesel and veg or veg and petrol, all mixes guessed at and weather dependent. 

7 hours ago, davehedgehog31 said:

Yeah, it's had a hard life I think and now reaping what has been sown. Shame as the last owners documented on here have all put a lot of work in. 

It's hard to see where it's leaking, but I would guess its on the bottom about one third from the right. It's coming out at a fair rate. 

As you say the veg can attack seals, some folk of opinion that running on diesel can help replenish things, but it would need to be stemmed significantly before it goes on the road, for the sake of motorcyclists everywhere. 

If anyone would like to take it on, do shout... Scrap is £93.

PM sent

Effected some seamless bodywork repairs on the polo after its unfortunate interference episode. 

IMG_20191116_103102.thumb.jpg.5d735b17b9a0618aa83e84b486f1e2eb.jpg

IMG-20191116-WA0010.thumb.jpeg.b4cdd33e655055b2867340724a100012.jpeg

Headlamp now pointing in something resembling the correct direction. It had bent the wing front corner of the wing and the headlamp bracket, maneuvered it into almost the correct shape. Couldn't get the bumper back lined up properly because I'd need to drill out fasteners. Will do for now. 

Ladies, one at a time please. 

IMG_20191116_110415442.thumb.jpg.525349b09c1935d8c34e7af73f282930.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Acquired this slice of French luxury, only just getting round to writing up now after a hectic wee while.

I got the train to Stirling to meet Mr @320touring after his work in the ML of much win. 

shrain.thumb.jpeg.b4a6d3ebe47386ae544d3637b4bf5855.jpeg

Was just thinking, reckon these trains have been in service a year and I've likely been on about 2853 collection capers on them.

We arrived at the vendors house after about 45 minutes drive. The car was very cheap, but described as having a "hot start" issue. Upon arrival the seller eloquently informed us;

"aye, the cunt'll no start at all wihoot the 'start ya bastard' spray. Ah'm fuckin sick a' the cunt, a just want the cunt away, it's a fucking heap a' shit" - He was that sick of the trouble it had caused him he replaced it with a V6 Diesel VW Touareg. 

We got it started and took it a short bimble just to make sure it shifted etc. 

test.thumb.jpg.b14cfd918d17d41d81fb86d8e67d130f.jpg

It drove fine and I of course bought the cunt. It went straight to Scotoshite and drove ok, although I was severely nursing it. 

Large....

IMG_20191127_234743.thumb.jpg.c6e71ef0d286f1fe9fb8d440d3448680.jpg

Full peeled cow...

IMG_20191127_234435.thumb.jpg.de0a5544f6dc9abbbe7b0194b2949dab.jpg

Electric roller blind..

Shots were taken of it, to quote @cms206, "thats fuckin awrite that" 

So it's a 2003 Peugeot 607 2.2 HDi SE. It has 135k on the clock and is tested until October 2020, N12 RMT for the reg pervs. 

On the plus side it has four newly refurbished wheels and 5 (five!!!) good tyres. All sorts of gadgets, bells and whistles. The interior is pretty tidy and will scrub up a treat. It actually drives really nicely with only the powerplant letting the side down.

On the downside - the obvious starting issue. A short squirt of starting fluid and a few seconds cranking and it comes to life, will then run fine until switched off as far as I can tell. However, it's in some kind of reduced power state. 

The seller rhymed off a big list of parts that had been replaced. Fuel pump, starter, battery, fuel filter housing, fuel lines, one injector. My plan is to get it plugged into the Peugeot Planet software and get some better info on the error codes etc. If I were betting I'd probably guess injectors, but don't know really. 

Apologies for the shit pictures, I've not seen it in the daylight yet!

50 minutes ago, davehedgehog31 said:

Upon arrival the seller eloquently informed us;

"aye, the cunt'll no start at all wihoot the 'start ya bastard' spray. Ah'm fuckin sick a' the cunt, a just want the cunt away, it's a fucking heap a' shit"

Beautiful prose, Bravo!  Genuinely made me chortle coke out of my nose.

I ran a 607 HDI auto for years.

It had more room inside and a bigger boot than my X350 Jaguar XJ.

The downsides were that it was very slow off the line, first gear on the auto was quite high and the turbo wouldn't do anything for quite a while.  Once it got moving it was okay.

Also the front springs were quite short and easily ran out of travel.

If you ever need to get the head off the inlet manifold has to come off and for that the injectors have to come out.  They are very long and if they get stuck in the head then it's bad.

I have some front fog lamps and a brand new set of injectors squirreled away for these.

7 minutes ago, cms206 said:

I have for many years nursed a 607 fetish and Wednesday night didn't fucking help it.

I remember the massive grin on your face when you pulled back into the car park, and your missus shouting "No! Noooo! No! Stop it!"

The crap running could be because the intake  hose is loose after the maf so you can spray in the start ya bastard.  That really needs to be secured or your generating more air in than the computer knows about. I think you need to drill a hole in the intake hose and stick a little rubber bung in you can take in and out.

Dump from Peugeot Planet from last night. Was fucking baltic. 

Two main error codes:

Eolys/DPF

Camshaft position sensor error

The error code is for cam/crank out of sync. To me this could be due to plum readings from cam, or crank. Or it's actually a tooth out or something. 

Video is of some live data when cranking, speed seems a bit slow to me and not sure what I should be seeing regards fuel pressure. 

IMG_20191129_213845026.jpg

IMG_20191129_213753860.jpg

IMG_20191129_213820196.jpg

IMG_20191129_213637977.jpg

IMG_20191129_213725530.jpg

IMG_20191129_214643722.jpg