We're off to see the Skizzer, PT 2.

320touring

Today is the 10th anniversary of the Burd and I's first date. She appears to be a keeper!

We're currently in the £150 Audi, boot loaded thusly:

post-17572-0-68769800-1541066318_thumb.jpg

We're off on a quasi "Anniversary trip/kullekshun mission". This will be a slow burner - don't expect instant payoff, but hopefully it'll ultimately be worthwhile..

Next stop Tebay..

Oi! She resembles that remark..

Anyway, weather decent and first stop has been achieved

#tradition/oldcharteretc

attachicon.gifIMG_20181101_120728.jpg

That's some amount o' beans man. 

Looks magic, only criticism would be distance between the hash brown and beans, should have used the sausage as a breakwater.

Is that a Gunson easibleed i see? Anticipating bleeding the brakes at the roadside, now that’s being prepared!

“This ones for helping old people across the road, this ones for raising money for charity, that one there is for changing a Fiesta Zetec cambelt in the rain, and this ones for hammering smaller sockets over larger items”

Maybe we should have Autoshite badges? This ones for evading ISIS in order to buy a Renault 20 in Paris, one for removing 20p from a handbrake, that sort of thing?

post-3538-0-97895700-1541083354_thumb.jpeg

This one's for changing a head gasket on a K series rather than putting K-Seal in it

This one's for going all the way to Romania for a car nobody wants even there

This one's for going all the way to Finland for a car everybody wants but nobody knows what it is

This one's for honouring an eBay bid you made while drunk for a badly described car with only one blurry photograph

This one's for driving that car home afterwards while hungover and fuelled only by a soggy train station sandwich

This one is for entering and losing 7 raffles in a row

This ones for buying all the vegetable oil in Costco

This ones for rescuing something nobody has ever heard of and fixing it to concours standard in an afternoon (aka Bollox Badge)

This ones not for anything in particular, it says “Vauxhall” and above it I have written “all” and underneath it I have scrawled “r shit” in biro. Because....

This one is for posting pictures of breakfast consisting of 20 Silk Cut, a lighter, and a coffee

This ones for topping up the coolant on a MGF with HGF using sparkling raspberry flavoured water because it's all you have to hand.

This ones for navigating your way to Shitefest following a trail of LHM. 

This ones for tying up an exhaust with the laces out your boots. 

This ones for jimmying up a drivers window with half a clothes peg.

This one's for honouring an eBay bid you made while drunk for a badly described car with only one blurry photograph

Got this 1 whilst playing drunken EBay chicken with friends....

She only mk3 Golf Gti in various shades of red,sunroof that only half shut( or open depending on your pov) and an immobiliser with a mind if it's own

Here’s some

TOP LEFT to RIGHT

Take several photos of a car, not one managing to include the whole car. Awarded with Knights Cross if interior shot consists of standing by the drivers window taking a grainy shot of yourself holding a camera vaguely towards a car

Tie an exhaust back on. Awarded with Oak Leaves if hairy string found by the roadside is used

The “Dropped the heavy thing on my bloody foot” badge. Awarded with MBE if Talbot based

BOTTOM LEFT TO RIGHT

Awarded for timely updates on collection missions or friendly chats with the RAC. Awarded with DSO if your phone actually looks a bit like a bat

The Microscope and Scissors award. Given for diagnosing and then fixing a head gasket failure by the road using just these two pieces of kit. Awarded with Knighthood if a KV6 was involved

The “why the fuck do I bother with cars” badge. Awarded to all with bonus Fray Bentos pie tin lid if bike concerned has been retrieved from a skip in front of the bloke with the skip and in view of your wife, kids, and half the neighbours.

post-3538-0-81122800-1541091268_thumb.jpeg

Our overnight halt has been reached! Still almost 4hrs from Skizzerland..

We landed about 2.30pm and went for a wander.. can anyone guess where we ur?

post-17572-0-19388300-1541091758_thumb.jpg

post-17572-0-99940000-1541091849_thumb.jpg

We also went material shopping, though I was not allowed to buy fabric for recovering the GSA's interior.

post-17572-0-26972500-1541092145_thumb.jpg

Additionally, no-one has been correct on the tool guesses:)