Sharleys Random project thread

sharley17194

10 hours ago, SiC said:

Never noticed the bonnet intake for the intercooler. Was this stock on them?

Oddly its stock, i am not sure why as im sure tis sealed, but it must get the air from somewhere. Its such a tiny turbo and a lazy engine so uprating the intercooler and turbo is a complete waste of time. I might stick a vent on top when i do a 'mods' section. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so tonight I announce a new car to the sharley stable, its not shite nor is it terrible its magnificent!!!

I didnt plan to buy one but as they didn't make many estates one came up at the right price i had to make it happen. Question is what do I do with it?

ST200 Estate

Screenshot_20200913-185852_Facebook.jpg

On 9/11/2020 at 12:31 PM, sharley17194 said:

Fecking Mondeo is all i can say, shat its powersteering rack after only 1200 miles, still at least the bolts have all been out before!!

Never had much luck with powersteering, my mums KA keeps killing pumps and we have no idea why.

Once a hydraulic component shits itself it can contaminate everything in the circuit and this contamination can easily fuck up replacement parts; it's not a bad idea to replace hoses and flush/dismantle/clean the other components to minimise this risk.

1 hour ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Once a hydraulic component shits itself it can contaminate everything in the circuit and this contamination can easily fuck up replacement parts; it's not a bad idea to replace hoses and flush/dismantle/clean the other components to minimise this risk.

the rubber hoses are no longer available. The first rack wasnt replaced due to failure, just a replacement was cheap and i had the old on in my hand. Ive flushed the system as best i can but i couldnt see aint shiet in the oil.

If it fails again ill just bloody kill it.