Sharleys Random project thread

sharley17194

• 2 weeks later...

Its going up for £6995, im just happy to see it go from the unit! I keep panicking it will get scratched. Ive never built such a shiny car.

Might be worth dropping a note to this guy:

http://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/189279/austin-1300-gt?page=11

From his first post on that thread, he was looking for one but that was back in late 2016. So no idea if he's still looking!

Sounds a fair price for one if its in good nick.

• 2 weeks later...

No much to report on progress. 

I finally took ownership of my F and its honestly not as bad as i expected. Fitted the black hood temp and it think it looks much nicer than the red. At some point the rear spoiler is going....once i find a replacement boot life. 

I got my VDP in the unit too, had a good poke of the front corner and its not good news. Pics to follow.

Had a poke of my mum Morris too and that now has a big hole too! Looks like my welder is going to get some serious abuse this year!

post-20764-0-79699100-1551889410_thumb.jpeg

post-20764-0-89170400-1551889416_thumb.jpeg

post-20764-0-95451700-1551889421_thumb.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

That buy wasn't expected!! But I kinda love it now!

Another 3-wheeler joins the fold! How do you find the seating position? I've only sat behind the wheel of mine once so far but it felt absurd: Wheel right against my legs and feeling like I'm sitting very high.

Another 3-wheeler joins the fold! How do you find the seating position? I've only sat behind the wheel of mine once so far but it felt absurd: Wheel right against my legs and feeling like I'm sitting very high.

It's unique I won't lie. The seating position is all wrong for me. My knees are round my ears and my head on the roof. Once I'm in its fine!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone else struggling with motivation in 2020??

Ive so far pushed all my cars around so i can bury the most broken issues at the back!

Ive spent yet more time working on my mums Austin as shes now decided it will be sold and i've moved the 25 out the bush ready for its mot.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Todays update is on Project  Mondingo......I have most of the car stripped now for rust repair and paint, the amount of rust repair left is reducing considerably however there is still a way to go.  However i did have a little bit of a disaster, i guess with all projects set backs are inevitable.  I am waiting for alot of parts to arrive, however thankfully there is still alot i can be doing. 

My self imposed end of July completion looks to be a long way off!

Juggling the day job, evening car work and youtube is starting to take its toll.

Saturdays video was too long so I have,split it into two. First part is clutch removal.

I have to say I'm liking having a lift it makes jobs just a little bit easier. Gear was in reality a breeze to do. This is a major milestone as it marks the end of removing parts and the start of bolting things back together!!! 

The end is in sight. 

• 2 weeks later...