This thread is not a roffle, please ignore.

Supernaut

First post updated accordingly.

We're getting there. As I said in the first post, as much as I don't want to do it, I reckon I could get something with similar straight-line performance but much better fuel economy quite easily.

No, really. This makes more noise than forward motion and seems to rather like a drink. I'm really selling it, aren't I?

What's the interesting way of starting/stopping it?

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

I seem to recall two ignition switches?

Yeah, sort of.

Step 1: Put key in ignition switch, notice it doesn't turn.

Step 2: Press fob thing against little red flashing light on the dashboard to turn off the alarm.

Step 3: Use the other key to turn the other ignition switch on the left of the steering column.

^ Or just keep it for now and enjoy it for what it is, better the devil you know.

Years ago I had a 1994 e34 520i 24v auto, 25.2mpg, owned it 10 years.

Around the same time my dad had a 1994 e36 320 manual, 26.5mpg.

Both figures calculated over several thousand miles from receipts, not by the onboard numbers thing.

They weren't massively thirsty, about the same as a 2-litre Cortina. Or maybe a RS2000.

(Good luck with job situation, who knows what interesting prospects may become available early next year).

Now £8 per ticket.

That's 50p per ticket less than it was in January, when it was in worse nick and had less MOT. I need rid of this in exchange for something less thirsty. Anybody got an E36 316 / 318 manual to swap? :P

Because you're about to start a significant commute, I hope?

^ Or just keep it for now and enjoy it for what it is, better the devil you know.

Will probably just end up doing that, TBH. I'm in the process of sorting out a set of winter treads for it.

Because you're about to start a significant commute, I hope?

Haaaa, nope. Wherever I get work I'll be moving close enough to walk / cycle to it.

I also drove it for the first time in over a week today. Besides the weird way to start it, the non-existent check strap on the driver's door and the lumpy idle when in neutral or park... the boot has decided it doesn't want to unlock! Yay! However, it still feels like a rock-solid old tank from behind the wheel.

• 4 weeks later...