2002 Peugeot 406 HDI 110 LX Estate, MOT March 19, Basingstoke, £275.

bramz7

This has been a very dependable tool in the past few weeks but I've managed to dibs something I wanted when it first came up for sale, then missed out on, so this has got to go to make room for it.

The details:

191,750 miles on the clock, but it drives far better than you'd think. Will go up as current daily.

Tidy inside, and now sporting fetching green mats from a certain fucked (and soon to be gone) Citroen. 

Great on fuel. I reckon you could do about 800 miles to a tank of motorway driving. 

Good stereo, OEM fit but it sounds brill.

Brilliant heater and working air con.

Everything seems to work....

Arm rests!

Not so good

-Rough body, no paint issues so to speak ( a dab of retouch) but a few dings and marks on the corners, including a missing chrome insert on drivers side front bumper.

Steering wheel shows the mileage.

Handbrake is rubbish!

No service history, but knowing the previous owner, it will be a good 'un, it definitely drives like it's been treated well. No smoke!!!

Previous MOT said it had an oil leak, dunno about that as it's not dripped any.

Doesn't seem to make any odd noises. I took it 1000 miles a few weekends ago and it was flawless, no issues and nothing weird.

Clutch is reasonable. No slip. Way better than the bang style clutch of the 156.

Tyres are alright, not new but reasonable as well. 

I only have the one photo as it being parked outside covers it in tree sap and bird poo, whoever buys it will be treated to it being cleaned.

post-20043-0-27152400-1540309978_thumb.jpg

As seen at the 'Small Glen' near Aberfeldy. But in reality, it's in Basingstoke. Delivery may be possible if it fits my plans.

Available from next week, roughly Wednesday or so onwards.

It does have a tow ball.

Just to confirm.

This was mine. When I bought it there was a shed load of history and a pyramid of bills for stuff done. Mrs 95s son had it off me for a few months. I'll try and grab the stuff off him if it's findable in the shit tip of his room. I think there's also a couple of spare keys.

If I hadn't got flat4alfas dad's C5 I would still have this.

Well recommended purchase

This would save me a winter of rattling about in the Laguna, your close to me and I could pull £275 out of my overdraft in about 3 seconds... Grrrr I hate you putting stuff up for sale, your too bloody close!

The only problem is it would hold a shit load of vacuums, I had that problem with the Xantia, it just became a shed (despite already being one)

Mmmmmm

Bramz, you might haz a PM coming...

It puts my insurance up to £70 a month, but thats up for renewal in Feb, so 2 months left...

ASM will give me £204 for the gooner if I drive it to them, which is more than do-able...

Amy even smiled and didnt say no...

But as Skattrd rightly says, I'll feel bad if your track record holds true...

Mmmmmm

Bramz, you might haz a PM coming...

It puts my insurance up to £70 a month, but thats up for renewal in Feb, so 2 months left...

ASM will give me £204 for the gooner if I drive it to them, which is more than do-able...

Amy even smiled and didnt say no...

But as Skattrd rightly says, I'll feel bad if your track record holds true...

£70 a month for insurance? fark me

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

£70 a month for insurance? fark me

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Only due to being changed so close to the end of the policy I think, I did a fresh meerkat just because I was curious and it went back to the same monthlies as the gooner currently is £55, because I R a speeder and live in beiruit apparently even with 9 years no claims

Beko

If you pm me your details I'll send across whatever I can find

It was a good pile of paperwork. I've a fuel and oil filter and 1 side or rear pads. Embarrassing I only did nearside when I put a new caliper on that side. Mitigation twas passing it down

Thanks man! I'll wait until I've got it in my hands incase either I or the car passes away before next weekend and Pm you!

Hot off the press, collection is tomorrow!

insurance starts at midnight, they only increased my premium to £63 a month from £45 for the rest of the policy, plus a £25 admin charge... Will have to suck that up until feb when it's due for renewal. Must be the extra 127cc of RAW POWAH! (gooner is 1870, 406 is 1997)

Have PM'd Bramz asking for the number on the new keepers slip and I'll tax it later, then collect it tomorrow!

Quite handy as the gooner has 70 miles of diesel left, I don't have to put any in for next week.