1999 Audi A4 SE 1.9 TDi - £395

DavidB

I like how the buyers of now-old Audis were paying through the nose so that when two decades old, the shiter could enjoy a car which was barely deteriorated.

Does the heater matrix make any coolant smells or fog up the screen for a few seconds, I wonder? That's be about the only thing putting me off buying something like this (oh and lack of tailgate). Vegtastic.

I like how the buyers of now-old Audis were paying through the nose so that when two decades old, the shiter could enjoy a car which was barely deteriorated.

The fact that this one seems to have achieved over 276,000 miles and is still on the road is a pretty good insight into VAG build quality during that ERA.

Love them or hate them, the cars they produced around that time were very well screwed together.

The fact that this one seems to have achieved over 276,000 miles and is still on the road is a pretty good insight into VAG build quality during that ERA.

Love them or hate them, the cars they produced around that time were very well screwed together.

My 88 100 quattro had done similar mileage when a rotten tank and knackered wp wrote it off having cooked the engine, probably the best built car I'll ever own. I remember those early ones underneath away from the sills - no schutz, just bare paint over deep galv. I think they've been cutting back ever since, from 2000 on they'd really perfected the process so there wasn't a micron too much zinc.

I was just about to write the same thing.

I would suggest removing the word r*f*le from the title and let the little magic green tag do the work for you.

Big brother is watching and doesnt like that sort of thing, so I have heard.

A slip like that might eff it up for everyone!