Smoll 90s car for fussy buyer.

Angrydicky

It's going to be winter, which means car-riddling, rust-producing salt and water, which ruins cars quite readily so why not buy something French and help destroy it? At will be like "taking one for the team."

Haha :)

I don't dislike French cars completely, love 80s Citroens, Peugeots and Renaults but 90s and 2000s stuff leaves me cold. My girlfriend has a 2002 Saxo and it's a bloody good car, very reliable and not a speck of rust on it (despite originating from North West Wales) but I wouldn't want to own one myself.

Wife has a Yaris, it's the 1.3 5 speed. VVTi makes it zip. 40+ mpg even at (allegedly) 90, and with her two mode driving- throttle flat to the floor or brake flat to the floor.

It's gone through a couple of £40 coil packs, but otherwise has managed to clock up 110k with only servicing. No rust despite Cornish and Welsh winters. A bit thrashy at motorway speeds.

A medium sized car at the bridge sees £150-200. So after a few weeks of being pissed about by chancers on Bumtree you would just scrap it.

Probably on here is your best bet if you don’t mind a bit of travelling, more chance of an accurate description of it. What about that Renault 19 for sale on main thread?

Corolla is the one to go for, immense cars, drive pretty much as good as any modern, if you can get one in auto flava that's a huge bonus, the 3spd box suits the car perfectly, nippy enough and good on fuel and of course never breaks.

The car of choice for all the very worst parts of Africa road wise and that still just keep on going needing nothing.

The ex D Spares & Tyres Mk1 Clio is going for MOT tomorrow.  See thread below

http://autoshite.com/topic/32737-sexy-french-beauty-lost-in-norfolk-clio-saved/

OK, so it's French and doesn't have power steering (but in my opinion doesn't need it), but it fulfils your other criteria (including being in Norfolk, just).  Will also be significantly less than £400 to a shiter assuming an MOT can be obtained for not much cost.

My Dad has his 2001 Ford Fiesta MK5 1.25 LX manual which he thinking of selling.

Just Mot'd it Saturday [ So 12mths Mot ] after been parked up for the last few years unused and passed with just a advisory for the brake pipes.  :-D

Car has done a genuine almost 51,000 on the clock ex jersey hire car and I think 3 owners inc my Dad since new. Has had some paintwork due to previous owners bad parking etc but nothing major. Does need a cambelt an oil change but run's and drives great. 

Has standard Alloys, Heated Front Windscreen great for winter! Leccy Front Windows, Central Locking via key. We also fitted a Ford CD player as the original cassette packed in. An has Power steering.

Pics taken last Friday.

post-3802-0-91028900-1540244240_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-45823900-1540244279_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-78770200-1540244352_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-69688200-1540244391_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-77477200-1540244326_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-58606600-1540245775_thumb.jpg

post-3802-0-30988900-1540245810_thumb.jpg

He wants £500 as it is, car located in Measham. Just off Jct 11 M42.

I never sold this in the end, it's been mouldering on my in-laws drive for the last year:

http://autoshite.com/topic/29444-raves-fiesta-chronicle-collection-weldathon-motthen-force-hail-p4/page-4

I think it fits most of your criteria. I was going to finally pull my finger out and do the undersealing and clean it up prior to listing it on ebay anyway, and the MOT is out in two days, so would take it up for another one, which it should pass assuming the brakes haven't seized up or whatever.

The ex D Spares & Tyres Mk1 Clio is going for MOT tomorrow. 

It only went and passed!  Advisories for front tyres and slight play in one inner rack joint.  And I think the tester chose not to look at the front number plate given that it hadn'f failed on anything else.  In any case that will be replaced this afternoon.

Will update its own thread and start a for sale/roffle thread but £220 to the OP here (or any other shiter).  My aim has only been to stop it being scrapped and get back what it's cost me.  To be honest Burnside's Fiesta looks a nicer car, but the Clio is cheaper and in Norfolk!

My Dad has his 2001 Ford Fiesta MK5 1.25 LX manual which he thinking of selling.

Just Mot'd it Saturday [ So 12mths Mot ] after been parked up for the last few years unused and passed with just a advisory for the brake pipes.  :-D

Car has done a genuine almost 51,000 on the clock ex jersey hire car and I think 3 owners inc my Dad since new. Has had some paintwork due to previous owners bad parking etc but nothing major. Does need a cambelt an oil change but run's and drives great. 

Has standard Alloys, Heated Front Windscreen great for winter! Leccy Front Windows, Central Locking via key. We also fitted a Ford CD player as the original cassette packed in. An has Power steering.

Pics taken last Friday.

attachicon.gif221.JPG

attachicon.gif224.JPG

attachicon.gif235.JPG

attachicon.gif240.JPG

attachicon.gif232.JPG

attachicon.gif250.JPG

attachicon.gif223.JPG

He wants £500 as it is, car located in Measham. Just off Jct 11 M42.

I can vouch for these, had one 3 years ago as my 1st every car. Nippy, frugal on juice and reasonably comfortable. As with any ford of any age ever watch for rust, especially on the rear arches which have a tendency to corrode quite spectacularly although this one looks very clean indeed.

In your shoes AD, I'd probably get something like this.  The cheap tax band and not French boxes aren't ticked, but it's had a recent new battery, long test, and the seller can string a coherent sentence together (often a good sign).  In Wellingborough so not too far if you can get a lift.

'old aaht yer aand at £350!

post-5013-0-12598400-1540298977_thumb.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-Spinnaker-Limited-Edition-5-Dr-Hatchback-MOT-Until-June-2019/163327550503?hash=item260714a427:g:wyoAAOSwDPRbqAa~

Do these benefit from a molten heater?

I dislike diesels too! The 106 isn't too bad to be fair, neither is the MK1 Clio though it would have to be a manual as I've been reading barrett's colleague's woes with his gearbox.

This is what I came here to post after seeing a Mk1 Clio would be acceptable.

It only went and passed!  Advisories for front tyres and slight play in one inner rack joint.  And I think the tester chose not to look at the front number plate given that it hadn'f failed on anything else.  In any case that will be replaced this afternoon.

Will update its own thread and start a for sale/roffle thread but £220 to the OP here (or any other shiter).  My aim has only been to stop it being scrapped and get back what it's cost me.  To be honest Burnside's Fiesta looks a nicer car, but the Clio is cheaper and in Norfolk!

The relevant post on its own thread

http://autoshite.com/topic/32737-sexy-french-beauty-lost-in-norfolk-clio-saved/?p=1624824