NU Yank Shite (Camry in drag)

R9UKE

Well blow me down.

I have to say, stepping in to rescue this oddity was well worth foregoing the opportunity to stand outside a closed auction house in Carryduff!

Fantastic stuff. Also a car I never even knew existed, and simply packed full o' WIN.

That's a high bar you've raised there for the rest of the NI Shiter Contingent!

EDIT: just checked the pics showing the former owner's details - total coincidence, but that happens to be my grandfather's name...

Excellent and well done on the purchase.

90s US market vehicles are one of my guilty pleasures, and I am glad an interesting one has been picked up and saved from possibly being scrapped or raced (which can happen all too often when the custodians of older, unknown cars pass away). I look forward to seeing more of it in the future.

That’s a great car, good save.

Is the instrument cluster shared with the Camry of the same era? Spottedlaurel owned/owns several so may be able to help, even just with identifying the right part.

For the mileage I’d contact the most recent dealer who serviced it in the US. It’s a long shot but worth a try. I can’t imagine Lexus dealers going out of business....

That’s a great car, good save.

Is the instrument cluster shared with the Camry of the same era? Spottedlaurel owned/owns several so may be able to help, even just with identifying the right part.

For the mileage I’d contact the most recent dealer who serviced it in the US. It’s a long shot but worth a try. I can’t imagine Lexus dealers going out of business....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=lexus+es300+speedo&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=1992+lexus+es300+speedometer&_sacat=0

ouch