Potentially for sale CZ 175 type 477 oil master near postcode GU2 7XH

castros_bro

This UK registered thing has been lurking in a dry place near by for several years.   It will be up for disposal soonish, note that as of 07/06/2019 it will 40 years young so eligible for a taxless and motless life. It will be running and working as much as they normally do and being of modern design does not run premix and, as usual it will be difficult for the uninitiated to kick-start or even to find the kick-start.  It has the original dealer sticker on front mud guard and was sold by the father of the bloke on the right in the website link. The seat lock is missing (as usual), the tank knee grips have disintegrated (as normal), the cover for the points has lost a screw (as normal) the rims are aluminium and there's a TLS brake on the front.  As it is located in/under/behind a carefully packed dry shed which has been undisturbed for a while it may take a while to extract.

Any offers of cash (and especially AX 1.5 diesels) will be considered, but you'll be able to inspect before hand when it is possible. 

post-7239-0-58565100-1539701183_thumb.jpg

http://www.normandymotorcycles.co.uk/

Nice handling bikes.  I had one brand new in 1971 (MFE476J), bought from F K Sharp's of Lincoln for £166.  Mine (same sized wheels as the one on offer, not the smaller diameter previous model) had a deeper headlight and no seperate instruments, just a speedo in the light.  The seperate oil pump metered oil quite sparingly, the reservior requiring a fill-up about every 300 miles or so but I can't remember its capacity.  Maximum cruising speed was a shade above 60mph.  The left foot operated 4 speed box was clunky but effective with the added advantage of being able to change smoothly without using the hand clutch, useful in very cold weather when hands become useless.  If I was younger and not riddled with arthritis amongst other things I would buy it without hesitation.  GLWTS.

They were (are) crap especially compared to a c90 and needed constant fettling like the "grate" British classics. Adjust points,tickle carb, remove plug to clean burnt oil off, generator with carbon brushes and remote regulator, 6v headlamp with no light output so zero chance of getting to work reliably in the winter. Chucking them into a skip just pollutes the skip. The OHC 4 strokes were fab. Unfortunately they were continued to be  produced after Česká Zbrojovka Strakonice gave up.

They were (are) crap especially compared to a c90 and needed constant fettling like the "grate" British classics. Adjust points,tickle carb, remove plug to clean burnt oil off, generator with carbon brushes and remote regulator, 6v headlamp with no light output so zero chance of getting to work reliably in the winter. Chucking them into a skip just pollutes the skip. The OHC 4 strokes were fab. Unfortunately they were continued to be  produced after Česká Zbrojovka Strakonice gave up.

that's a fair statement, but then again most stuff is shite compared to the c90.

Hey great little bike, I currently have a good dozen of them, 125's,175's and 250's along a big ole Izh 350 twin that does all of 55 mph flat out. I would be very  interested and will give it a good home. They can be bu**ers to start but once you have mastered the proper starting procedure they usually start first or second kick, even with the rubbish 6 volt electrics,(they must have a fully charged battery) if they don't it's all about ignition timing which is easy to do and can turn a pig of a bike into a great little runner.

When I take my bikes for MOT I always ask the tester if they would allow me to start the bike as if you get it wrong you may as well go and get a coffee and sandwich and come back in a couple of hours...... its always good fun to watch the younger testers look for the kick start, ask where the choke is and sometimes the electric start......whaaaat do you mean it hasn't got one?

• 2 months later...