Official shitely Thread

scooters

7 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

If you needed them collected from the ebay seller then I could collect them from Princes Risborough and take them home the 25 miles north to Buckingham. I am a bit restricted as to how far I am comfortable driving at the moment.  If somebody else did not want to get free tea and biscuits at Six cylinder towers then I could take them out to the M40, J10 services or M1, J15a services for there next move north. 

that is an excellent offer, thank you. I've asked the seller about arranging a courier but if that doesn't happen then I may be calling on your generous favour.

cheers,

gm.

3 minutes ago, gm said:

that is an excellent offer, thank you. I've asked the seller about arranging a courier but if that doesn't happen then I may be calling on your generous favour.

cheers,

gm.

Checkout Paisley Freight online - not sure how they fiddle things but they'll 'ship' most tyres/wheels even though the actual job is usually by APC (other couriers also exist but like APC they will not carry tyres/wheels/car parts [usually]) I've used Paisley Freight to collect (bad idea if the seller is a total kn*b as each failed collection is £10 + stress) but maybe better to  get the seller to book the collection and then you pay them.

Four wheels + tyres = £40 but you need to adhere to their packaging guide (loads of cardboard/bubble wrap/tape)

Last used them two weeks ago for 2 x quad tyres on rims, £19.99 - collected by APC, delivered to me by anon white van man (who was very nice btw)

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Narrow it down a bit to save everyone Googling West Calder. I'm hopefully out and about on some travels this coming week 

Crikey 😅.

Would this be any better: - 

EH55 8EJ . West Calder. Scotland. 

40 minutes from Edinburgh. 19 miles.

39 minutes from Glasgow. 30 miles.

Screenshot_20211124-204554_Maps.jpg

5 hours ago, Minimad5 said:

Anyone in or around West Calder ?

I've seen 1 alloy wheel on eBay, but is collection only (a good 4+hrs away).

If anyone near could collect it and stash it away, then I'd be greatful.

Then just to figure out getting it further south 🤔

Thanks

If you're not in a hurry I could probably grab it next Sunday when I'm over that way.

On 10/18/2021 at 9:05 AM, 320touring said:

@Six-cylinder has successfully collected some parts for the French Express that need transporting to Scotland. (Thanks!)

He is near Buckingham, and can also do M40 J10 Cherwell Valley Services. Or  M1 Roadchef J15a.

If anyone could bring them part or all the way north that would be much appreciated. Happy to contribute to costs.

Thanks

If it helps, I live near @Six-cylinder and work in the Gosport/Southampton/Portsmouth area a couple of days most weeks.

I have a C Class estate. If anyone needs anything that size moving up to the FoD, give me a honk.

• 3 weeks later...

Shitely offered - this coming Thursday, 30th Dec. Ayrshire to Manchester and back again same day. Can only take small items, what ever fits in a suitcase, on the way down but will have a car load of space on the way back up. Can deviate a little off the M6 on the way back but not by much as I'm on a deadline to start work too....

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 11:28 PM, marm said:

Have just committed to having @BeEP's MGF hardtop. It's 5 miles SE of Wisbech on Norfolk/Cambridgeshire border. I am in South Devon, but I have family in North London so that could also work...

BUMP to the above...

...also need to move a set of 4 wheels from Haywards Heath  to either South Devon or North London

Anyone?

Beers, etc...

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Shitely offered - going to Doncaster early doors on Sunday, from Ayrshire and back again in the evening. Will have an empty boot and back seats in the S-class, which can hold a fair whack of stuff! Can deviate about 30 mins off route. Probably using the A66-A1 rather than M6.

I would like Mally's welder/generator for the FoD, but I am still not traveling that far for reasons.

Mally says it is small, about 2ft cube, but verrry heavy. 2 man lift.

Bring too near Buckingham MK18. I could meet on the M1 J15a services or M40 J10 services.

Picture is similar.

EDIT

It now has a new home so thanks for looking but I no longer need it moved.

Welder Gen set mally.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...