Official shitely Thread

scooters

On 4/19/2020 at 8:10 PM, rantingYoof said:

I've bought @Hertz's dad's RX300 18" alloys, which I intend to dabble with to see if they a) fit over the LS's massive front brakes and b) can be refurbed and shod in rubber without it being completely uneconomical.

I fully intend to collect them once non-essential journeys are permitted, and would probably take a day off to do this, given it's over two hours each way. 

However, if anyone is planning on travelling south from Sandback (junction 17 of the M6, I think) either soon or in the near future, there would be grateful beer tokens available if you were able to collect them for me and move them in any way closer to junctions 15, 15a or 16 of the M1, or even drop them off at my house in a careful non-contacty fashion.

I have my first site visit to our Warrington office next week, I know it's going in the wrong direction to Northampton but if any shiter is around Warrington/Manchester who is going down south anytime soon and going towards Northampton I could drop off/meet them if they are able to assist.

12 hours ago, Hertz said:

I have my first site visit to our Warrington office next week, I know it's going in the wrong direction to Northampton but if any shiter is around Warrington/Manchester who is going down south anytime soon and going towards Northampton I could drop off/meet them if they are able to assist.

Cheers for bumping this request.

Please let me know if storage for the wheels becomes a problem and I'll try to find a beauty spot in your neck of the woods that would count as a 'visit' for exercise purposes. 

For those who did not notice I bought HMC’s R8 Rover 216SLi Auto and the deal was I could wait until after lockdown to collect it. Thing is I would quite like it now!

I am in a vulnerable group so using public transport at the moment is not on, paying to have it transported is a poor use of money. Usually I would just ask for a volunteer to come to Devon with me but at the moment sharing cars with non household members is not advised and I am happy to take that advice. I may have been able to entice Mrs6C for a nice weekend in Devon, but a quick blat there and back in the day is not going to work.

I will ask can anybody get my Rover 216 SLi Auto from Tavistock closer to Buckingham?

I will pay the fuel and any reasonable expenses for collection/onward travel.

The car is MOTed and Taxed.

The car will show up as insured on the data base, but my insurance will not cover you so you will need your own 3rd party.

I would also consider a plan if somebody needed a temporary car they take it, use it and bring it to me in due course.

DF4B570D-8B2F-4CE3-88DE-4013CEC2E80F.jpeg.24b648dd7d4428bf1bdbe618f0e9be5d broad.jpeg

9DE83EFC-0998-4B82-9010-DF6536532864.jpeg.a75541824c651fcecfb0dff6b77b5675 broad.jpeg

6998DC1E-F8D2-47E6-A369-72ECD65DC150.jpeg.659de078cf2f30fbeddd88a1f9b5a6fd broad.jpeg

Having recently left a deposit on a car from this parish, I'm currently thinking of ways to potentially make the collection less arduous. I can collect it myself but it's a near 500 mile round in that case, which is grueling. Is there anyone here who for whatever reason is able to get a car from near junction 6 on the M25 to as close towards York as possible? Tax, fuel and insurance will be taken care of. Added bonus of being quite an interesting vehicle with a lush brown interior. PM for details.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:43 PM, Flat4 said:

Is anyone travelling from Birmingham to Yorkshire or Scotland atm? Or would anyone be willing to do a contact free collection of a pair of tyres from Brum so I can sort a courier? They are collect only, sadly.

Missed this but I could pick them up if it' still on the cards.

4 hours ago, puddlethumper said:

Missed this but I could pick them up if it' still on the cards.

They're not, sadly. Missed the auction :( I may need to get an exhaust from Dronfield to West Yorkshire now. Not sure which area you're in?

On 4/19/2020 at 8:59 PM, keef said:

Anyone else stuck for transporting car bits at the moment? I got a very good deal off a courier to pick up three exhausts from various parts of the country and deliver to me in Sheerness, if anyone wants the contact details?

Yes please. I'm trying to get a Citroen BX gearbox from TR16 (Cornwall) to West Yorkshire and it's looking expensive so far...

Does anyone need anything brought south at the moment?  From anywhere at all?  It looks like I will be going up to Scottish borders area this weekend and coming all the way back south with an empty car transporter trailer.  Happy to divert my return journey as necessary.  Can bring just about anything back with me.

2 hours ago, Talbot said:

Does anyone need anything brought south at the moment?  From anywhere at all?  It looks like I will be going up to Scottish borders area this weekend and coming all the way back south with an empty car transporter trailer.  Happy to divert my return journey as necessary.  Can bring just about anything back with me.

Isn't @Six-cylinder's Visa Cabriolet still slumbering oop north somewhere?

4 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Also it is booked for a new clutch and as far as I know that is not done yet.

Worth checking, as I'll be close enough to Edinburgh, and that would be exactly on my return journey to bring it to you/FOD.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tetleysmooth said:

I'm trying to get 4 x 16 inch Merc wheels and tyres from Torquay to Rainham, Greater London. Can anyone help? A pm would be delightful.

Ta in advance

I have a feeling that those wheels have already been in the back of my car, if I could help again I would.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just acquired some Invacar Model 70 spares from a chap in Exeter and would welcome a hand with getting them home. I'm advised that in size, the collection of boxes is about the same as a couple of suitcases. Could anyone assist me with collection in Exeter and/or movement from there up to Buckingham MK18 or the FoD?

I have just acquired some Invacar Model 70 spares from a chap in Exeter and would welcome a hand with getting them home. I'm advised that in size, the collection of boxes is about the same as a couple of suitcases. Could anyone assist me with collection in Exeter and/or movement from there up to Buckingham MK18 or the FoD?
@kirton lives down that way and is a FOD visitor..

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk