Itch scratched.....it's up for sale - '96 Jag 3.2 Sport in Cambs | Sold

prepace

**Thanks for all the interest shiters, it's off to a new home!**

So having had this for a month (thanks SIC) and running it daily since then, it's back up for sale to all you shiters, so that I can purchase something else. Given I've had the fun of running it for a few weeks now it's up for a little less than I paid for it at £500. It's covered a shade over 120k miles.

Nothing much has changed since I've had it other than I patched the small hole in the rear exhaust, secured the 'chrome' boot trim and cleaned it several times. It has a long MoT until August 2019 and was serviced just before I got it.

It does still have the lacquer peel on the o/s/r door which is about the size of a 50p piece, across the length of the o/s/r door trim, top of the o/s wing and the paint is crazed on the drivers door above the 'gold' coachline. The noise that SIC noticed from the rear end can still be occasionally heard (if the DAB radio is turned down), I think it may be the rear upper shock bushes. The throaty exhaust note is still present from the centre pipe. Each corner has small giffer parking marks and someone at some point in the past has added a scratch to the top of the rear o/s wing. Some of the paint around the fuel flap was bubbling, my power wash successfully stripped that area back to the red undercoat, no rust there, just some poor paint finish from a previous repair!

A/C is not working and won't unless you spunk 500 notes on some new pipe work, but everything else does. Interior wise it's one of the best for its age, the headlining has been replaced and the seats are cleaner than a nun. It drives well but the 3.2 won't win you any races! 

I can't help with delivery, but I'm happy to pick anyone up from the nearest train stations, either Huntingdon or St Neots.

Here's a link to SICs adventure and subsequent for sale thread. I drove it back from Bristol and it tipped over 30mpg, but I've not managed more than 25 since then on my 12 mile per day to work and back.

32712-xj6-sport-£550-north-bristol-page-7

And some pics from me.....

post-26403-0-17749000-1539528096_thumb.jpg

post-26403-0-65399000-1539528132_thumb.jpg

post-26403-0-39486900-1539528179_thumb.jpg

post-26403-0-06215900-1539528209_thumb.jpg

post-26403-0-99687600-1539528270_thumb.jpg

post-26403-0-49897200-1539528344_thumb.jpg

post-26403-0-48493500-1539528371_thumb.jpg

I'd be happy to Roffle if it goes that way, but I'd need some advice on how to do that, I know its 1-59 and something to do with a bonus ball.........maybe!

Funnily enough I was just thinking about this car earlier. Despite being twice as old as my TT, more was working properly on the Jag than the TT.

This looks to be another one of those cars that's the Autoshite bicycle. Everyone wants a go, has a bit of fun and then moved back on again.

Is it staying in the fold?

Funnily enough I was just thinking about this car earlier. Despite being twice as old as my TT, more was working properly on the Jag than the TT.

This looks to be another one of those cars that's the Autoshite bicycle. Everyone wants a go, has a bit of fun and then moved back on again.

Is it staying in the fold?

It's been good fun.....and it is staying within AS