Sunday Collection

RickRirai

Already been on the go for a 3 and a bit hours, just got a seat on the train and reception so thought a pickup thread might be in order...

Got my tools

post-20417-0-22065500-1539503395_thumb.jpg

and my rucksack with my snap and temp plates in and 200 euro in my pocket going to pick up my new daily car.

It's a bit of a trek from the Black Forest to Goettingen but hopefully it will be worth it. This is something I've been hankering after for a while and as I wouldn't be surprised if they end up getting too minty for my meager budget if I leave it much longer I decided to take a punt on this unseen.

Cracking drive though the forest already under my belt and an Sbahn journey to Stuttgart, now on ICE train to Fulda just coming in to Frankfurt.

post-20417-0-29145200-1539504215_thumb.jpg

post-20417-0-53898500-1539505244_thumb.jpg

Are you buying something german?

Yep, something German. Been looking for a while to get one and as i am in Germany you'd think it would be easy but bizarrely i have ended up buying a land rover and a morris minor in the last year, both British whilst looking for a German car in Germany There you go.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tada, good guesses, very close. It's a mk2 Golf GT from 1988

It's ace so far, big smile on my face. Even more so now as the aerial doesnt seem to be connected and the only thing i have had to listen to for the last 200km is a yoga CD that was in the player from the nice lady i bought it from. That's sorted now.ef3ccd428d46bdfe179172205b0beff1.jpg

Very few old 'uns left on German roads when I was over in the summer. Even Mk2 Golfs were a pretty rare sight.

My mate reckoned a recent scrappage scheme had accounted for lots of them.

They're all here in Bulgaria.

They are the 3rd most popular used imported/registered car apparently

Have a few guesses which cars beat it....

Excellent! Out of interest, was it an EBay purchase?

Yes and no. It was from ebay small ads, i saw it, called right away and said i would have it. I sent the money by paypal there and then before someone else got in.

Great drive back, car didnt miss a beat. The first 450 Km on motorway were not mega interesting but after that last 100 in the forest and hills were great. Surprised how sporty it feels. Unfortunately it was dark by then so no pics, but here's a few on autobahn before nightfall.

Looking forward to getting it up on the ramp and having a poke around but have to change wheel bearings and a caliper on the missis's car before i can do that but should be able to have a good look mid week. A worthwhile trip i think.

d3c68e05f7aa401fd36f4cf472031b82.jpg5629882a94c547dfc42ba49772d9a6ca.jpg