Renting units/Garages

Luxobarges_Are_Us

Yeah the business rates side isn't a problem here, all the properties of adequate size for what i need all fall within 100% rates relief in Scotland.

Problem is more getting a foot in a door without having to throw 4 grand at it just to get to the point of getting keys for a few months, and again without a long term established business, everywhere seems very wary of even letting it get to that stage. Particularly with vehicles on premises etc.

Part rental of property becomes a massive issue with business insurance and liabilities sadly, few places seem to allow sublets and everyone very jittery with vehicles and the potential for injury etc.

• 2 years later...

Bit late coming to this topic, but having read through all the comments I've noticed there was a contributor in Watford looking to store a Daf..... But that's enough of that for the moment!

I currently rent a lock-up in Barnet and am looking to rent another one, in the area. The problem with the one I currently rent is the access road is too narrow for a trailer, the entrance is on a slope and there's no room to turn a car round. None of these factors matter a twopenny fart if the car being stored is drivable, but if it's not, you're f****d, for the reasons stated. My next acquisition is not a runner at the moment, so, if any north Londoners know of one.... please contact me! 

Annoyingly just as I want to get the 2CV back on the road all of the garages near me have been snapped up... there were loads available when I moved in 3 years ago.

This is the company that do those near me, look like they have plenty in London too?

https://www.gumtree.com/sellerads/1313751125?page=1

They were pretty easy going when I telephone them