Life in the old dog yet

Tamworthbay

Despite the best efforts of DPD tracking I finally have a nice INA water pump and full belt kit for the Ovlov in my mitts. I have treated it to some bits as well so hopefully it will repay the kindness by going well. The plan is to start tomorrow evening and get a good start on it, then finish it on Saturday. Wish us luck!post-19712-0-49357900-1539283893_thumb.jpeg

I will stick pics up as we go but may not put any info on as typing on my phone is a pain in the arse so I will add it later. Think of it as old fashioned silent film in very slow mo........

Will there be musical accompaniment?  ;)

Feel free to Dave! I have a feeling the noise coming from ourselves may be X rated! I have spent the last couple of weeks submerging myself in every video and breakdown of the job I can find and am feeling a lot happier about doing it, that and having an expert on hand of course! Hopefully I can be a bit more than a spanner passer and break my cherry on post 1990 cambelt complexity. The parts have come to about £200 all in, plus about £30 for sundries it’s a hell of a lot better than the £800 quoted by the garage! The difference between saving and scrapping. We are due to start at 6.30pm tomorrow so tune in to see the gory details, the heroes fighting against obscurity, sorry adversity, then a cliff hanger until we restart Saturday and hopefully saving the day. Jez is Batman, which sadly makes me Robin, now where are my green pants?

Sorry for lack of updates but it’s been a busy night! Massive thanks to Jez again. We have got everything stripped off and the new water pump is in. Only issue so far is the broken shield above but that’s no biggy. The new water pump has two less teeth but we have decided that doesn’t matter, it will just spin a bit faster and work better (hopefully :-) ). We will get going early tomorrow and hopefully have it sorted soon. Just need to do a bit of research on the water pump to be 100% sure it’s ok.