Screen wash

Bren

The windscreen/headlamp washers on the 5 series were kaput. A clean of the gauze filters in the system had them working again - full of blue coloured goo.

I read that geniune screenwash is the only way to avoid this - I have put some zoflora in for now - it is a disinfectant and it smells nice.

What is good screen wash these days?

I’ve driven a BMW for the last six years and used screenwash mostly from Lidl, that said I’ll buy cheap screenwash from anywhere if I need it.

I’m not sure I’ve gone as far as 100% concentrate even when it’s down to minus 10.

I bought a load from euro car parts before Xmas.

I'm sure it was something ridiculous like 5 X 5l of concentrate for a tenner delivered.

Triple qx brand I think.

I'm on the last half bottle.

The joys of headlamp washers.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

Prestone is good to minus bollock dropping off temp but I find it makes the screen greasy so use Dial -8 pink stuff from the local B&Q whorehouse or whatever Aldi is selling.

Not really had any issues with any of them, when its very very very cold the jets freeze up anyhoo so I stick to a fairly liquid bottle with warm water in it.

It amazes me when people buy Ready to use screenwash in a 5l bottle for about 3x what you can buy 5l of concentrate for , they can't be to lazy to dilute it so they must just be stupid

In that cold winter a few years back all the ready to use stuff on Woodall services forecourt was frozen solid

I use the prestone blue stuff from Costco

I use the autoglym stuff, it's cheap from halfords on offer. cleans well and smells nice.

The sonax stuff if also very good and is super concentrated - but only good for summer.

Before that I had 5 litres of the lidl stuff (concentrated) that lasted ages and worked great. They don't seem to stock it anymore.

The VW TPS trade screenwash is meant to be good and is very cheap if you can find a branch that will sell without a trade account. 

years ago used to apply a couple squirts of fairy in the washer bottle

I do that in the summer! Now it's getting colder I'm going to have to battle with the shit asda screenwash we have. Tesco have been doing 5l of Prestone stuff for under a fiver recently though...

I don't use alot. Well, I do but the screenwash tank in the gooner is the same size as the fuel tank... Compared to the half pint the Zafira holds.

After driving to work with frozen screenwash in the snow last year and baiting the wagons to overtake me and spray the windscreen with slushy shit so I could wipe it clear for half a mile I need to step my game up this year

In the summer I just use premixed stuff from the air/screenwash machine at Tesco because I’m lazy as fuck. Usually fill a bottle after the reservoir is full of the machine still has time because I’m a pikey

Winter - the super mega cold stuff from Lidl is excellent and they should be getting it in any time now

When I was trading I would buy 20L drums of concentrate from ECP for buttons, worked well enough too

Recently I’ve been using a mix of de-ionised water (got a load for pennies at a boot sale) and white vinegar. Cleans great and am dimly hoping that after a prolonged amount of use, it might break down the shite and finally clear the rear washer nozzle. It’s not going to work at all, but I admire my stubbornness in this matter.

Recently I’ve been using a mix of de-ionised water (got a load for pennies at a boot sale) and white vinegar. Cleans great and am dimly hoping that after a prolonged amount of use, it might break down the shite and finally clear the rear washer nozzle. It’s not going to work at all, but I admire my stubbornness in this matter.

Just below boiling water and bleach will clear it... mind the paint

Although if it’s only mildly blocked a tip cleaner (£1.75 on eBay) will sort too.