Minicab shite

sierraman

Obqxdiq.jpg

Am guessing this is maybe early 90s judging by the slightly giffered 88/89 Sierra (filling-station plastic wheeltrimz and double door-edge protectors). Cortina's lasting well for an 80/81.

Both sunroofs open to vent out noxious gases.

We had those wheeltrims on our Proton. I've only seen one set since.

The Cortina was well travelled too - likely Laidlaw Ford who supplied it (why do we not have a Hendry for these things any more :( )

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

cm206 that looks like the bridge at Gilmour Street and that Korean Kortina would have been turning in to the rank there long before the current, white hacks only rules took over.  a) I don't recall Grahams buses having a route down there and B) that is within half a mile of the old established David Blane and Son; the garage that took on the Hyundai Dealership and by trying to give even private hires the (three years?) total warranty, led to every other private hire car in Renfrewshire being a Stellar and them going bust.

cm206 that looks like the bridge at Gilmour Street and that Korean Kortina would have been turning into the rank there long before the current, white hacks only rules took over. a) I don't recall Grahams buses having a route down there and B) that is within half a mile of the old established David Blane and Son; the garage that took on the Hyundai Dealership and by trying to give even private hires the (three years?) total warranty, led to every other private hire car in Renfrewshire being a Stellar and them going bust.

ARE YOU LOCAL?

The Graham's Leopard is screened up for the return journey to Bridge of Weir via Houston - effectively what ended up the Riverside 19 via Barnsford Toll. Even then it terminated at Central Way from memory.

I'm just old enough to remember the old rank at County Square outside the main post office.

Was David Blaine based at 46 New Sneddon Street, latterly Williams Rover and later still Patons Taxiworld?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi, cms206, back in the area (funnily enough, now where that Grahams Bus was going), but came from where Imps were glued together.

If memory serves me right, Blanes was where the patch of wasteland now is beside the new GPs at the end of Renfrew Road, bounded by Weir Street and Brick Lane.

The BL garage of many names in New Sneddon Street is long gone, but wasn't Blanes.

• 2 weeks later...

post-17414-0-09722100-1540743630_thumb.jpeg

And this is my current one, just realised it's practically the same colour. It's a 2.0 manual as well , difference is as a 6 speed Dizzler it does 60 mpg instead of 30 if I was lucky.

I only do airports now which means easier money ( not necessarily more) but less chance of random acts of violence or other physical activity, both of which could add some interest to a Saturday night.

In between the two I've had at least 20 licensed cars from Montegos and Ulysees to a CLS and 300C. Rented out a few to other drivers, even sold the same Carlton on " easy terms" to 3 different drivers in one year- most money I've ever made on a car, also the most hassle.