The Cars of Auf Wiedersehen Pet

Ian_Fearn

I'm a huge fan of the show and just came across these old adverts.

All cars were from series 2 whilst the lads were refurbishing Thornely Manor for villain Ally Fraser and drinking with old Arthur Pringle at the Barley Mow.

Auf Wiedersehen

EDIT: Looks like I shouldn't have posted the pictures....

Follow the link instead!

http://www.auf-pet.com/carads#.W7pTKs5KjIU

In a vaguely linked tale I was driving in Middlesbrough when they were filming a later series of Auf Wiedersehen about moving a bridge and as I approached I was flagged down and asked to wait .I then drove through the set when asked as Timothy Spall etc came out of the pub, I've no idea if it was used as I haven't seen it. Red E34 540i if anyone saw it!

I’m a huge fan of this right from watching series one when first on the TV, back in ‘83 if I remember correctly. Oz was driving the lads to Germany in a shite Mk4 Zephyr with a Sunderland sticker on it, not good for a Toon fan!

The insurance wouldn't cover the repair when it broke on the German Autobahn.

Why?

He cancelled the insurance before he left so he had some spending money.....

Oz was flippin brilliant!

The insurance wouldn't cover the repair when it broke on the German Autobahn.

Why?

He cancelled the insurance before he left so he had some spending money.....

Oz was flippin brilliant!

I loved the way he said " ah bollocks man."

I’m a huge fan of this right from watching series one when first on the TV, back in ‘83 if I remember correctly. Oz was driving the lads to Germany in a shite Mk4 Zephyr with a Sunderland sticker on it, not good for a Toon fan!

and the sump fell off near Wuppertal.

I'm fairly sure Moxey lobbed a Honda H100 in the Tees in the third series [way weaker than the first two btw]

The Sunderland sticker on Oz's Zephr was put there by the previous owner, When questioned about it by Dennis Oz explains that he was going to try and scrape it off but thought he might lose the bumper, And to think he was considered irresponsible!!

Brilliant programme that can still make you laugh or cry now, I saw it first time round when I was 11 in 1983 and it was so different from anything that had been shown before.

It's on the yesterday channel currently but they are cut down to the point the episodes don't make much sense, I adore the show and was only 10 when first shown, I find them extremely nostalgic. I've just bought the series one on DVD for £5 delivered so will have a good watch this week, 

Love this show, even though the first series was before I was born. Funnily enough I ended up doing some research into the cars not long ago as Oxford Diecast have just made this:

43783686515_c63b87caf6_c.jpg

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

The VW hasn't been taxed since October 1986 so it didn't last long after filming. Wayne's BMW is said to have been scrapped but one of its original numberplates turned up and is now with a collector. Barry's HA is rumoured to survive but I haven't seen any definite proof. 

I'm a huge fan of the show and just came across these old adverts.

All cars were from series 2 whilst the lads were refurbishing Thornely Manor for villain Ally Fraser and drinking with old Arthur Pringle at the Barley Mow.

Auf Wiedersehen

EDIT: Looks like I shouldn't have posted the pictures....

33.jpg