Things in car adverts that make you go "Oh F*** Off"

UltraWomble

Cars being sold for more than what they are actually worth. Point in casing was at a car dealer near the Mercedes garage in Llandudno Junction and they were wanting £4kish for a 2009 Mazda 2... I picked up a 2008 one 18 months ago which for £2k which was in far better condition. I also hate searching round the shit heap at the bottom of gumtree and find dealers listing new cars with the deposit price rather than the actual purchase price. Also dickwad sellers that don’t remove their adverts or let you know the car was bought two days prior ffs. How hard is it to press the delete button on an ad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Five Fucking Grand!!!! Jesus.

So it’s missing the engine and box as well, looks full of wob as well.

Where’s he pulling these pie in the sky figures from? Suggested retail price £5k in a few years it will be worth £20k. Says who?

Puzzlingly they are wanting to buy ‘cars of distinction’ that must have an MOT but curiously are retailing old tat like that at top dollar.

I don’t know about ‘cars of distinction’ it looks like a compound full of scrap cars to me.

Here at Cars of Disgust we are pleased today to be in a position to offer a 1998 Ford Mondeo. Don’t miss this opportunity to purchase what I think you’ll agree is a rapidly increasing investment. Don’t be that guy that had second thoughts and missed out.

This particular S reg example is particularly rare as it’s the 1.8 LX example with the impossible to find sunroof and original Ford 4000 RDS cassette player. Purchased back in August 1998 by an Agricultural Merchants in Matlock this car covered over 150,000 miles with just 12 different drivers used on a daily basis for pulling samples of animal feeds up and down Slack Hill. The car was kept on by the Merchants until it started to become a complete liability. It was then purchased by a Mrs Maureen Scragend of Sheffield who drove her crack addicted son around in it for over 15 years until it was part exchanged at a second hand car sales pitch in Doncaster. It was subsequently purchased by a collector in Sheffield who has taken anything vaguely saleable or reusable from it and chopped through all the loom to remove the parts. We can prett much guarantee this car will not be worth what we are asking though we optimistically estimate that this car will be worth in the region on £20,000 in 2025.

I know that there's not much to see in engine basis these days but I'd you have 12 pictures why not take an underpinned picture. And if you are a dealer and have access to a ramp why not take a picture or two from underneath.

When it’s a Astra for sale and they want to part ex against another Astra in the hope the new one isn’t fucked.

‘Drives mint’ that’s another chavvy saying that puts me right off.

I think the background is sometimes as big a clue as anything else. A Vectra with 3 hubcaps parked on the front garden amongst a broken washing machine and the house number written in paint in 20 inch high numbers by a child will get looked over extremely quickly.

On the other hand you find tidy stuff parked on a driveway amongst a well kept garden is likely on the balance of probabilities not going to be a dog sold by a toothless cretin.