Sunburst yellow Mercedes SLK 230K

Jim Bell

No disrespect intended, but based on a few of your posts your Mrs sounds terrifying :mrgreen:

Nah she's not too bad to be honest :) I've more or less worn her down now to the point of just giving me despairing looks but she definitely draws a red line at yellow cars, if that makes sense.

She is a giving soul...for example, I took a week off after my 40th birthday and she allowed* me to shovel out 7-8 tonnes of gravel from round the clock bulk bags deliveries on to the garden.

She may also have given me the nod to trigger a collection fred tomorrow :)

It's officially faster than a Suzuki Baleno GSR.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20181004-131940_Speed Logic Lite.jpg

6.48s 0-60? That would make it significantly quicker than the official Mercedes numbers which are 7.3 0-62 (strangely enough the automatic is supposed to be slightly quicker than the manual which doesnt sound right to me).

Still love the color!

6.48s 0-60? That would make it significantly quicker than the official Mercedes numbers which are 7.3 0-62 (strangely enough the automatic is supposed to be slightly quicker than the manual which doesnt sound right to me).

Still love the color!

That's what the GPS tracker said on the second run. It starts automatically when the car moves so it's not like it could be human error No reason to think it's wrong at this end. I might try a few other runs with a different app to check accuracy though.

It’s pretty rapid innit.

Any joy getting these on classic policies anyone?

Yes man. This one is on a classic policy with Peter Best. Limited miles and you MUST be in the MB club, but it only cost £220 fully comp. Would have been about £900 for a normal policy for me.

So happy this has found a good home - and genuinely impressed with that performance, I'd never checked it.

No mods. It does have a proper MAF, cleaned PCV system and topped up supercharger oil in the last few thousand miles, and a serviced gearbox. I think I changed the diff oil as well, but can't remember when - just remember the many pipes and so forth used to get to the filler!

Still love the color!

I think Mercedes were probably the first company to have better acceleration figures for their autos, of course they achieved this by making their manuals horrible , rubbery and obstructive.

These days most cars are quicker in auto form, if there's a even a manual available, of course.

A few years ago FathaN wanted a classic* sportscar and I traipsed around the country looking at rusty, bodged up TR6s, TVRs etc for about £10,000 that he'd have to had spent another £5000 just to use.

Then, a neighbour mentioned he was selling his R plate 230 SLK for £3000. He drove it and realised it was much faster than the old British shite could ever be , plus the comfort ( relatively) ease of ownership etc. He's still got it and still loves it. Fucking thing leaks like a sieve, mind.

Fucking thing leaks like a sieve, mind.

With winter looming at the gate and a few leaves mentioned in the boot by Rich, I decided to give a bit of kindness to the rubber seals around the car.

post-5435-0-73596400-1538912209_thumb.jpg

This stuff is meant to be good.

Now to read instructions.

post-5435-0-56003700-1538912246_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-26786800-1538912264_thumb.jpg

While I was pissfarting about I also mounted up a badge. I know a lot of people hate these but I like the look of them even when they're out of place. Always remind me of my childhood.

post-5435-0-65702700-1538912599_thumb.jpg

No idea why the forum decides to mount some pics upside down.

post-5435-0-12893600-1538912704_thumb.jpg

H8rs gonna h8.

Next on the list is service and rear tyres.

If it leaks you're very welcome to keep it in my garage until spring ;)

There's no leaks at all at the moment. I've had it through the jet wash twice. I'd just like to keep it that way so will treat the seals twice a year. It's cheap and easy, which suits my pocket and level of skill.