Sunburst yellow Mercedes SLK 230K

Jim Bell

The car hadnt moved for a while and smelled a bit of petrol on start up so I probably should have done some preflight checks, but instead I just had a bit natter to RichardK and marvelled at the butterflys and wasps mistaking the SLK for a giant flower in the Birmingham sun.

post-5435-0-95745000-1538415197_thumb.jpg

Booted it up the black hill (of course it rained, so top up) and didnt stop till Weatherby (piddle and gregs).

post-5435-0-11808000-1538415410_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-91327700-1538415491_thumb.jpg

Drives lovely, cruise control alterations are manual but really responsive. It doesnt half kick when you stand on it, even if your cruising at speed limit velocity.

Its not perfect, but its a good un.

get some ibuprofen gel for your neck when you arrive ;)

It wasnt THAT bad really.  Ok, it was QUITE bad, but not as bad as expected.  I wouldnt want to have to change my outfit inside of it but its fine for a couple of hours.  Just scootch down till your lower back burns then sit up straight till your neck spasms. Switch and Repeat until you arrive at desired destination.

Its not so bad as a second car, can get a bit of respite.

Great purchase, and belly-laugh worthy write up. I really wish this forum would allow emoticons, rather than a basic ‘like’ button.

How the hell did you fit your greyhound into the SLK though? I’m assuming he/she stood on the passenger seat with chin resting on the top on the screen frame for the whole drive back. I may be wrong though.