Dec 1998 318i Touring. Gone and bubs collection Fred.

Crispian_J_Hotson

Yeah,well the rat race ended for me before the flag dropped!

Less than 3 miles from home I picked up a screw/nail/ unicorn horn on the front right- not a problem!

Well,the from tyres are less than 500 miles old and the well known,national tyre supplier clearly forgot to put the locking wheel nut key back! School boy error on my part.

BMW recovered at the cost of £70,new tyre £70 quid,locking wheel nut key will be £3.50.

Best of luck with it, I set you the target of 250,000 miles!b4d6a48ecf3d3f6af66dfaf5f9977a6b.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Right folks. Here's the collection story in not too greater detail!

9 am this morning I was picked up by a friend and we headed down to st albans to meet pbk who had the keys. Steed of choice was a red rover 75 cdti tourer. Sadly no pics of that,sorry folks.

After a brief chat with ken I then piloted the rover to Cambridge and we were met with this fine sight post-5685-0-12471400-1551723451_thumb.jpgpost-5685-0-65928800-1551723575_thumb.jpg

Had a brief chat with boggy mires good lady who had a substantial service history record for us. I fell in love with the CSI and my mate went all gooey over the V8 disco.

A quick chat with BM on the phone then we were off.

Obligatory pez shot. The light wasn't even on yet though but hey deep joy. post-5685-0-43044200-1551723696_thumb.jpg

After getting stuck on traffic on the bypass my mate was getting bollocked from his Mrs for being later than he said and his ex Mrs for something or another so I told him to put his boot down and go and I'd be ok. I headed up the m1 and was surprised at how the cabin wrapping round felt cost yet spacious at the same time. A great amount of offset on the pedals but between that and the hinged throttle pedal I found it very comfy resting my foot on the arch kick panel. Gearbox feels great and the clutch is fantastic. I've not encountered any clutch judder,backing off of revs or revs dropping either. Finally got home around 430. Mrs wanted to go out so we had a little drive in it.

More spares in the boot than I realised too. Interior is lovely and clean.

I'd just like to say thank you to BM ,I'll try my best to get the car perfect and look after it. It's the best I've had in a long long time. And to pbk for braving central London yesterday. More pics to follow tomorrow after a wash and scrub up!

I've not looked to see if it has nor have I looked for a key. That's now on the list tomorrow!

When me and lord_sterling collected his BMW and got a flat because the tyres were fucked we spent a good 40 minutes trying to find it. Then found the hidden compartment in the boot lid and there it was! How we laughed (as we cancelled the AA)