Daewoo Matiz Xtra Cool. MOT FAILED - Scrapped

pandamonium

Horrific things and weaker than a wet poppadom, believe me, I've seen one after a 10mph crash striped down, ouch.

Having said that, I saw one yesterday outside my son's uni in black, 5 ups and making good progress.

They are what they are, cheap as chips nails to get from a-b.

In that respect and for price paid, you are winner.

I feel like I'm 'coming out' here, but I've never even been in one of these, let alone driven one, just how bad are they. It looks like it should be a good care to chuck about and presumably economical?

I once travelled in one, and my sister briefly had one as a courtesy car - she quickly upgraded to a Fiat Panda. As a passenger, it felt very vulnerable at 30mph, and I thought it really was "unsafe at any speed".

Got to get it through an MOT yet...

I will be offering it for a bargain roffle if I can get it roadworthy.

Have you got change for a pound??

Only joking I've always thought the Matiz was a proper example of a do what it's designed to do and nothing else motorised conveyance that doesn't pretend to be anything other.

A bit like an original 2cv/Minor/Beetle before they became desirable; Now there's a thought...……..

kiltox

"..but the build quality is absolutely terrible of absolutely everything.."

I give you Daywoo but raise you Proton SAVVY :(

I robbed the little cog, out of a rear door window winder mech, to fix my Savv drivers window - going dunk..dunk..dunk - when trying to wind it up closed. Total monkey metal cog *$hite

Daywoo proper diestamped = 1000% better :)

…. it's not going to set any records for speed or anything but you can have fun in it while only taking it to 30mph. 

If it could be stripped down to its floorpan and rebodied as some sort of budget roadster (in the spirit of the Midget, or similar) then I could probably agree with the "fun" aspect. I've had more fun driving a Talbot Samba.

Nice one Sir, cuz had one of these and apart from filling the washer bottle up, didn't open the bonnet for 3 years and 45000 miles.

Bro and I gave it a service just before he chopped it in for a Hitler-nose Micra.

oil (what there was of it) was like treacle, coolant like the aftermath of a dodgy prawn curry and generally horrible.

Rang exactly the same afterwards too.