Daewoo Matiz Xtra Cool. MOT FAILED - Scrapped

pandamonium

I quite like these, they've got a kind of plucky underdog persona that appeals to me. That said I'm not sure I'd like to live with one or have one parked outside my house for that matter.

This thread is great craic and will hopefully satisfy my curiosity about the Matiz genus thus avoiding having to actually buy/own one.

MOT booked for Tuesday.

Option 1. It passes needing less that 100 quid spent including the mot cost to get it through. I then sell / roffle it to raise funds for maintaining the Wagon R. 

Option 2. It fails, needing more than 100 quid spent to make it pass. I'll call the scrap man that day and make it disappear.

Option 3. It fails and I offer it for scrap value on here to some mug who wants to save it...

Option 4 (unlikely) . It passes with less than 100 quid needing spent and I keep it and sell / roffle the Suzuki Wagon R.

Option 2...

Needs the welding from the last MOT doing as it's apparent a really shit bodge-job. Apparently 300 quid plus.

Airbag faulty.

Wheel bearing

Battery insecure

Also

Exhaust leak

tyres low tread depth.

So unless anyone is crazy enough to take it on, it's being scrapped. 

Option 2...

Needs the welding from the last MOT doing as it's apparent a really shit bodge-job. Apparently 300 quid plus.

Airbag faulty.

Wheel bearing

Battery insecure

Also

Exhaust leak

tyres low tread depth.

So unless anyone is crazy enough to take it on, it's being scrapped. 

THAT'LL BE THE DAEWOO MATIZ...........

:-( oh well at least it was free. Fair play for taking a punt on it. Check if DW needs any bits before its cubed.

Already done, but apparently this is a completely different car to his, due to the facelift.

When anyone says ‘they don’t make bad cars anymore’ I quote the Matiz. These are proper little coffins these, prospect of going any distance in one isn’t appealing.

It's not that bad, there are plenty other cars I'd cite as being worse, but yeah, not the most pleasant mode of transport I've experienced. 

When anyone says ‘they don’t make bad cars anymore’ I quote the Matiz. These are proper little coffins these, prospect of going any distance in one isn’t appealing.

I had my Matiz for 10 years and didn't die once. Took me all over the country, great little things.