EDDYFEST! October 21st, Sunday in the Lakes

eddyramrod

We're on schedule to attend in the P38, seeing as currently it's the only vehicle in the fleet which isn't playing silly bollocks with it's electrics, (and frankly I like it the best) :)

Going to be *enjoying the ambience of Morecambe on Friday night thru to Sunday morning, seafront hotel with a view over the bay, can't wait :)

We're on schedule to attend in the P38, seeing as currently it's the only vehicle in the fleet which isn't playing silly bollocks with it's electrics, (and frankly I like it the best) :)

Surely that can't be right! a P38 with no electrical issues?

Shall I bring a test meter for sunday?

Happy to start one but as I have the banner I'm going early.

It'd be nice to run with someone else as Sunday is the first run of the GTi with its newly rebuilt head.

I've not even considered a route yet, so post up timings & I'll see if I can join you.

I may be going to this if I can sort out some cooling fan electrics before then, but it'll be a slow convoy if I'm leading.

Seats available if you don't trust your cooling.

I'd be up for meeting up with the GGG, if you'll have me tagging along- never been to the motor museum and will be relying on shat nav otherwise!

Just remember, straight fours, diesels & other nasty smells go right at the back :D

A tentative "mostly unlikely" but if wind blowing in right direction and I can kill off all the pre-MoT shite needed on the 45 on Saturday, I'll see whether it's a go-er.

3 hr drive each way, so probably the most reliable* vehicle would be the bloody rattling Cruiser and it's bullshit gearbox. Only benefit OMGMPG which would be infintely larger than the 45.

Put me down as a 'probably not'.... Crying shame as I'd love to meet Mr Ramrod in t'flesh.

I've not even considered a route yet, so post up timings & I'll see if I can join you.

Thinking time.

Starting in Manchester (specifically the east side), you have to go north west-ish. There are a few choices of route, all around 90-95 miles - allow up to 2 hours from Manchester.

There's M60/61/6, but this involves a slog along some 50mph smart motorway conversion on the 60  and I don't know what stage it's at. There are services on the M61 we could convene at, though.  Alternatively you can go M66 then A56 to Rawtenstall (The Moog could join us this way if he's in?), and from there either M65 to the M6, or A56/M65 to Nelson, then up to the land of KruJoe on the A685, joining the A65 just before Settle - this route meets the M6 in the same place you'd leave to go down the A590 to the museum. For those that don't like motorways, even the northern M6, this may be an idea.

The motorways towards the Lakes are mostly unrestricted save for a fraction of the M6, and the north side of the M60: for bombing home in the evening it'll be ideal - there's nobody ever up there.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm rubbish at planning.

Also, dinner at Tebay? There's a junction not much further north for those headed south.

kerry and i will be in attendance, well, hopefully..... weather and crappy old cars permitting!

given the shit we've had recently with the tosspots i used to work for, we haven't done anything fun for a while so it'll be a nice run out in Cocopop.

the rover is still broken, marvin the metro is on sorn, and the lexus, well kerry needs that for work on monday so we'd better not chance it.

plus we ain't been to the Lake motor museum in a while.

Freecycle shiz that will be available free of charge from the boot of an yellow SLK on Sunday.

I've tried to sell/give it all away before so if there's no takers at EDWARDFEST, it will all be fucked into a lay by bin on the way home.

Rover six hunnad and twenny five Hainseses.

post-5435-0-97626000-1539965616_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-40444100-1539965670_thumb.jpg

Peugeot 405 ignition barrel/keys.

post-5435-0-97116100-1539965696_thumb.jpg

Couple of socket rails.

post-5435-0-33683200-1539965747_thumb.jpg

An alternator/(starter motor actually) for a Suzuki Ignis.

post-5435-0-20309500-1539965792_thumb.jpg

Safety glasses.

post-5435-0-47574100-1539965837_thumb.jpg

K series 1.8 water pump.

post-5435-0-14180900-1539965864_thumb.jpg

Zafira A/Astra J thermostat/housing and sensor.

post-5435-0-17997400-1539965911_thumb.jpg

FISTER UNIVERSAL FUEL CAP AND KEYS.

post-5435-0-47734100-1539965977_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-71654100-1539966018_thumb.jpg

If anything tickles your fancy, just grab it on the day.

Talking of which.

Anyone want a new blue boxed waterpump for a Range Rover V8?

Or a rad for a manual Saab 9-5 turbot?

If you shout up I'll bring them with me.