For Sale VW Boring TDI PD130 Auto

Jazoli

Time for a change for me so the trusty Bora is up for grabs.

126k miles
MOT May

Usual spec with brilliant manual air con, aftermarket reversing sensors have been added.

Its very clean and tidy, no rust that I can find, couple of small door dings here and there, interior is in good clean condition.

Front tyres have 4mm tread, rears are about on the wear markers.

Faults:

The tiptronic part of the gearbox doesn't work, as it uses a magnet on the accordion type trim that surrounds the gear lever, and the trim has fallen off in places, the usual PRND321 shifter is unaffected.

The drivers door module needs replacing (again) as it doesn't tell you when you have left your lights on.

That's it! Everything else works as intended, no warning lights on dashboard and they all illuminate as they should on startup.

It's had 2 services in the 15 months I've owned it and runs and drives very well.

Consistent 47mpg on mainly b and c roads for me, easy 50 on more open roads.

I think it's been mapped as it's rather fast, the EGR has been removed but the parts are there for reffiting for MOT time.

Bluetooth kit shown is not included unless extra cash monies are offered

£600

b35c766b8a4e201abd45706a41e30c29.jpgbe7cad25e193ce025c0d52bad0f4ac2d.jpgfe399d7fbdff4a34ce33ddb060b371df.jpg3b2f2cec74bbc0cda0cc92b48bd66f8c.jpg1136b3fefcb2fcfc2eb5ad86283176e0.jpg

I know there's a universal hatred of PD130 mkivs on here, but as a previous owner of a few of them, I just have to sing their praises. Ultra-reliable, amazing on derv regardless of the size of your right foot, decent interiors and they pull like trains as standard. Our only gripe was the boat-like handling, which seemed standard on every one we owned.

Glwts - it's worth every penny.

I know there's a universal hatred of PD130 mkivs on here, but as a previous owner of a few of them, I just have to sing their praises. Ultra-reliable, amazing on derv regardless of the size of your right foot, decent interiors and they pull like trains as standard. Our only gripe was the boat-like handling, which seemed standard on every one we owned.

I rather liked the idea of a TDi130, so I had my work TDi100 remapped. Supposedly now 138hp, the slight improvements in overall fuel economy were interesting - it was more economical in town driving (up to 3 extra mpg), but on longer runs it was difficult to achieve the extreme hypermiling figures that I had been able to squeeze out of the original 100 map. Third and fourth gear pick-up response was frightening.

Acquired at about 40,000 miles, it has 140,000 miles-plus now, still on the original turbo, clutch and exhaust and has only needed a single change of discs and pads so far. Exterior lighting changed to mostly LED. The interior is mostly covered in horsehair and strands of hay and straw, and there's a distinct smell of horse as it gets used for runs to the stables and carries my saddles. I really should give it a vacuum session at some point.

Don’t know why theres a hatred of pd130’s....my a6 is a pd130 and its a brilliant engine (AWX) and I drive that on the cruise control down to the South of Spain nearly every year going the long way round - Dover to Calais and all the way down....not to mention all the golfs, passats and a4’s I’ve also owned with this engine. Ignore the 2.0 tdi pd engine go 58 onwards and buy the 2.0 cr tdi engine. Again fantastic engines.

Best of luck with your sale!

Unbelievable. In fact no it’s completely believable actually in my experience. Wankers.

It’s a fucking travesty in this day and age someone has left school with the belief that’s how you spell and communicate with someone. Either the system has failed them or as I suspect they are absolutely fucking stupid and need terminating.

This is a stone cold bargain. My brother was interested but he's opted to go for my fathers car instead..but I am staggered that people want to bid you...£600 for a low mileage, great condition mile muncher. Someone GIB!

It is, and my phone has been off the hook so to speak but I think I'm undervaluing it a bit as it is as good as it looks in the photo's so I'm having a rethink as someone beat me to that blue mazda off here that I was going to buy.

• 2 weeks later...