ULEZ

purplebargeken

Sorry, not used to the new way of loading pictures and had a premature upload!

Anyway, I'll take that, although I've kept the screen shot as proof if there's a mistake and I get a fine,  

Icing on the cake is I'd already charged the customer and we'd shared a bonding moment of slagging off TfL, Sadiq Kahn, the Goverment, Polar Bears etc. Seems it'd be rude to tell him....

3 hours ago, dieselnutjob said:

Anyone driven a historic into the ULEZ zone yet?  For the 604 it says not compliant and has to pay £12.50.

I think it should say not compliant and has to pay £0.

How does the historic exemption work?

Is your 604 registered under the Historic tax class? I.e. tax free class. 

36 minutes ago, SiC said:

Is your 604 registered under the Historic tax class? I.e. tax free class. 

curiously all the Invacars I put into the checker comeback as needing to pay ULEZ, despite most if not all being part of the historic tax class

I suspect its because the DVLA/checker has very little info on them compared to most cars, mind if they where doing things properly they would do something like "if older then 40 years; then exempt" 

What this means in practical terms is that if your classic is more than 40 years old and is registered for the historic vehicle tax class, you will not need to pay the ULEZ charge. 

It’ll work the same way as the new MoT rules introduced last year, which takes the cut-off date as exactly 40 years on a rolling basis.

So, if your car was first registered on 8 April 1979 or before that date, you won’t need to pay the ULEZ charge. However, if it was first registered on 8 May 1979, you’d have to pay for the first month, after which point you’d be in the clear.

Hmm, something ain't right here!!!

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, lesapandre said:

But remember anything reg 'Historic' ie pre-80 etc is totally exempted.

True, but my attempts to convince my other half that an Austin Maxi would be a suitable replacement for our non-ULEZ compliant Focus fell rather flat.

The best option is probably a W123 Mercedes - for London traffic either a 300D or 200 petrol.  There is a 200D and a 220D but they are underpowered. The 250 and 300 petrols are thirsty. All in auto.  They don't look out of place really in London.  They drive ok and don't look stupid to non-old-car people.