Zut alors it’s brownnova’s Deux Chevaux!! I am not a number I am a free snail!! Portmerion pictures

brownnova

Brilliant. Saw Jono had advertised that one. I know the sellers so every chance it's a good'un. Non-standard paint scheme for extra bonus points!

There is a local club - Cheshire and North Wales Dragons. They're pretty active. There is also a 2CV run coming to Lake Vyrnwy from Northants. First weekend in November I think. 

Quick tip - when coming to a stop, always select second before first. Stops the cogs, avoids a crunch. Also, never hoon backwards. You'll either fall over or unwind the gearbox. Or both...

Brilliant. Saw Jono had advertised that one. I know the sellers so every chance it's a good'un. Non-standard paint scheme for extra bonus points!

There is a local club - Cheshire and North Wales Dragons. They're pretty active. There is also a 2CV run coming to Lake Vyrnwy from Northants. First weekend in November I think.

Quick tip - when coming to a stop, always select second before first. Stops the cogs, avoids a crunch. Also, never hoon backwards. You'll either fall over or unwind the gearbox. Or both...

Thanks for the advice. The POs said they knew you. Seems in good nick. All the key areas are solid, and it ran really well home. Idle a bit up and down aside.

She’s even been to the Sahara Desert this one!

Go on one more pic before bed...

post-18217-0-29797300-1537648531_thumb.jpeg

Lovely car. Re the reverse thing- I remember well buying my first 2cv off Graham at the 2cv workshop in Cornwall. He pointed at the gearshift diagram on the dash and said “ look- AR (arrière) it means avoid reverse”

The seller mentioned the reverse thing too, very gentle reversing for us then!

We were due at a show today with the MX5ers but it got cancelled. So might give the 2CV a clean and have a good poke around to see if I missed anything before purchase. Oh and take copious photos for you lot of course!

Moar pichurs were requested so here we go!

This is a1985 2CV Special. Owned by the P.O. for 16 years. They had a number of 2CVs but this one was their first and last!

Seems in good condition overall... have a look!

post-18217-0-32560300-1537732784_thumb.jpegpost-18217-0-36888300-1537732838_thumb.jpegpost-18217-0-41397400-1537732938_thumb.jpegpost-18217-0-37244100-1537733007_thumb.jpegpost-18217-0-76253300-1537733057_thumb.jpegpost-18217-0-68296200-1537733094_thumb.jpeg

post-18217-0-74350500-1537733144_thumb.jpegpost-18217-0-66823500-1537733182_thumb.jpeg

The only grotty spot seems to be the inner arch on the back

post-18217-0-68401000-1537733230_thumb.jpeg

The key barrel packed in, so this push button starter was installled...

post-18217-0-09636900-1537733266_thumb.jpeg

post-18217-0-42662200-1537733319_thumb.jpeg

The previous owner gave us this memorabilia too

post-18217-0-03023300-1537733356_thumb.jpeg

Genuinely couldn’t be happier currently! A superb drive and so so much fun!!!

unwind the gearbox?! whats that about?

and I thought they where kidding when they said hand crank was winding up the rubber band inside...

Not a clue... but I’m not chancing it!

Rough use of reverse will loosen a threaded locking ring in the gearbox. When this happens you end up with a box full of random gears and no way to change gear. It's a simple fix if caught early enough, just pop the top of the box off and tighten the ring up.

10 min job.

Always nice to be reminded that a Dacia Sandero in no-radio poverty spec is absolutely not a proper basic economy car, nowhere near.

Were these the cheapest car on sale in the UK when new?

No. Fiat 126 took that 'honour.' 2CVs were in the cheap seats, but they were undercut by others. I think Skoda and Lada were also cheapies.

That but can also be peened to prevent it happening. May be worth asking whether that has been done. Seasoned 2CVers would normally get it done, but I'm one, and I've no idea if my 2CV's gearbox has had the mod.

I believe it has been done, so the previous owner led me to believe... but I might check that.

Thanks for all the positive comments folks we’re really pleased with it.

Excellent purchase, BN!! I love it. 

That but can also be peened to prevent it happening. May be worth asking whether that has been done. Seasoned 2CVers would normally get it done, but I'm one, and I've no idea if my 2CV's gearbox has had the mod.

Reverse up a hill on full throttle and remove all doubt!