Zut alors it’s brownnova’s Deux Chevaux!! I am not a number I am a free snail!! Portmerion pictures

brownnova

Arose at a leisurely hour as arranged time is around lunchtime.

Most people have a shower, shit and shave before a big journey. But I have a beard so it was shower, shit and shag for me!

Breakfast was achieved

post-18217-0-96379900-1537614118_thumb.jpeg

Mmmm Rabbit droppings....

And the collection vehicle was loaded up.

post-18217-0-16819500-1537614247_thumb.jpeg

Off we pop from North Wales to Sheffield

Clues in exciting new purchase to follow, although I think one or two on here might have a fair idea of what it is....

Arose at a leisurely hour as arranged time is around lunchtime.

Most people have a shower, shit and shave before a big journey. But I have a beard so it was shower, shit and shag for me!

Breakfast was achieved

attachicon.gifF682BFA1-622E-444F-B0A4-25C569884DFA.jpeg

Mmmm Rabbit droppings....

And the collection vehicle was loaded up.

attachicon.gifD583FD09-D283-4FB5-8529-56840D06FF7D.jpeg

Off we pop from North Wales to Sheffield

Clues in exciting new purchase to follow, although I think one or two on here might have a fair idea of what it is....

Does it similar but in Blooo?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Aye that'll have taken you within about a mile or two of me then - it's taken you off one before the end, and by the looks of it up Clarendon Road, through the 20 and over to Matley Lane, through the cutting and down to the A57 that way.

The cutting is about 2 miles from my place.

The end of the M67 is a roundabout, then a bit of single carriageway full of traffic lights that constantly chokes up, being one of the main routes to Sheffield (67 was supposed to be Manchester-M1).

It's almost always rammed there, they've been going on about a bypass for about 15 years.

Yes yes, apologies for the lack of updates thus far. The sellers were hugely engaging folk and we spent ages there reminiscing about their adventures in said vehicle. They’ve even been to the Sahara desert in it...

Anywho yes Brie and baguette a strong clue. No bullet holes as yet, but the right colour... wellabout half of it is.

I blame Chumley...

Dollywobbler took us for a little run out in Elly, just before our drives in each other’s cars. And instantly Sian and I were smitten. Not even a drive in an R4 could convince us otherwise.

So the search was commenced and after a short while one popped up on a 2CV Facebook group. Decent price, looked good condition, so I messaged the seller. A bit of back and forth, and some detailed photographs later, we told them that barring us getting there and it being a dog we’d have it.

It was a risk, but we let our hearts rule out heads...

So we drove up to Sheffield and knew as soon as we approached the drive we would be coming home in a 2CV

post-18217-0-14173500-1537643980_thumb.png

The sellers were lovely, kettle was on and doggos were playful. Went out for a run and confirmed all was as it seems. Loads of work done and seemingly done well. The seller had had many 2CVs and been all over the world in them. Their house was like a homage to 2CVs.

Electronic monies were exchanged and tears shed from the previous owner, as their longest standing and first 2CV of many trundled off into the sunset with us.

post-18217-0-59809700-1537644392_thumb.jpeg

First stop pez :

post-18217-0-42116200-1537643890_thumb.jpeg

Fairly uneventful drive home. She runs really well apart from a low idle at first, but that improved after a little bit, I think she may have been stood for a little bit. Sian wanted a go so we swapped half way through the drive home. Meant i could get an on the road shotpost-18217-0-47532500-1537644106_thumb.jpeg

More details and photos when its light again, as it got dark quick and we were home much later than expected!!

Safe to say we’re chuffed