Sign in to follow this  
leanycan

Nissan primera diesel

Looking at getting one of these a commuter to replace the outgoing Lancer estate. Any one had experience one of these. They are cheaper than a 10-12 year old diesel civic which I had been looking to buy (credit card at the ready).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're not actually bad (if impossibly dull to drive compared to a P11), and the Nissan diesel seems to be reliable enough in 136bhp form, but they are fugly and the central clocks irritated the hell out of me very quickly.  Also you will get pissed people thinking you're a minicab.

Golf mk4 or mk5 tdi....won’t go wrong and just look around you at how many on the road....says something

Mk4’s not so much anymore as mk5’s have taken their place but rewind 5/6 years....

Easy

Yeah, most of them with knackered gearboxes and running on 19" rims whilst being piloted over speed bumps at 80mph. Dreadful cars.

Yeah, most of them with knackered gearboxes and running on 19" rims whilst being piloted over speed bumps at 80mph. Dreadful cars.

I’ve had very good experiences with Golfs....had well over 200k miles out of one of them. Would go German or Jap only personally.

variable vane turbot in these and peeps mother them for mpgs and the actuator & vanes clogs with soot in the low pressure setting which causes the turbo to overspeed and cook its (too small) bearings

the soot can be dislodged by operating thr actuator rod with sturdy pliers

they need to be driven properly to "exercise" the vnt

turbo installation is a bit heath robinson and can split a hose- there were metal and plastic as well

rear lights suffer bad earth* cos teeny tiny connector pins- add separate earth - jobs a goodun

*causes all sorts of wierd including "cruise control fault" and limited power

apart from that they a decent motor - go for higher spec like sve or t-spec for stereo upgrade with sub woofer and electric everything

npoc (nissan primera owners club) arent a bad bunch either