MGF Roffle - Arse clenching scheduled for tonight folks!!!

purplebargeken

Well, now the two wheel studs, nuts, exhaust flexi to manifold section and rear pads have been sorted I guess it really is time to move the car on. I wanted this to remain with me for as long as it stayed functional, however, retirement plans are what they are and although it is bloody fun to drive, it doesn't fit in with any of my vehicular plans for t'future. The car is a Jap re-import. It has A/C... why? Who knows. Check wiv your insurers just in case. However, it has never, ever been an issue with me getting it insured under a classic policy, helpful to join a classic car club and have a limited miles policy too. I'm with either FJ or PBIS, just can't recall which.

Am still in two minds about the Galaxy but I will give that more thought soon. Likely best that I get it MOT'd as who wants an unmoted car?

The MGF is very tidy interior-wise, has part leather seats, the piping on the seat back bolster (drivers side) has come a little astray, nothing major. Apart from that the seats are in good order. It has the leather arm rest pad instead of the tacky plastic one, and also black leather door cards.  I fitted the roof elastic band to make the lowering of the floppy top a one-handed affair, it really does work. The floppy top doesn't leak, there is one small piece about the size of a 5p where it has worn slightly. The rear screen is scratched and hazy but you could improve it. Replacement is not hugely expensive and pretty straightforward to do. The cig lighter doesn't work, could well be a fuse but that requires me getting on my knees at some point and delving into dark places. Will try and resolve. I changed the rear view mirror for one that doesn't wobble. Much better. Lecky windows work. 

Door speakers work but the door panel is a bit 'buzzy'.  Lights function happily. Wipers and screen wash jets also function happily. Horn is horny. I fitted a new arial base and arial. Gets better reception than the Hyundai. It has the electric PAS which is fine. It even has perfectly intact sun visors which is a bit unusual. Factory fit immobiliser and alarm, it is a different fob frequency and only has one fob, I know someoen who can do another for 35 quid and would recommend it. The fob works but is a bit crap, not unusual by any means, even with the new battery fitted. 

Gearbox and clutch operate just fine thank you. The accelerator also functions very well indeed, this is a 1.8 VVC with a sports filter and 52mm throttle body, I did the swap during my first period of ownership. This is not a slow car and once you hit the magic 4K on the rev counter, it just whizzes off like a scalded herd of cats. It is as I mentioned before, very addictive. Mileage remains a tad under 70 thou. Coolant level can vary but I and many others am of the belief that the coolant system needs burping properly, there are several bleed points and needs to be done in a specific order. I have traveled several hundred miles in the car and it runs just fine. No overheating whatsoever.

Front bumper has some cracks at the O/S, been there for years, repaired with racing zip ties. Jon has a bumper in the correct HAM green that I supplied with the car when sold. It's a couple of screws and two bolts to sort. 

Bodywork.... is that british racing green colour. Code is HAM, not HFF. HAM is slightly darker. Overall it is solid, there are some dings, dents and scratches dotted around, worst one is one the drivers front wing, dented by a fibre glass boat whilst in storage in Peterboghorror. Jon said the barn owner couldn't have given less of a fuck. I'd have happily drilled hundreds of 1mm holes in the bottom of said boat and see what happened when he took it out on the wet stuff. However, I don't condone retaliation kiddies, be that better human! Underneath is pretty good, some surface rust that a sensible owner would just wire brush off and protect. Subframes are fine. Paint would likely;y respond well enough to a good mopping and polishing.

Tyres are black, round and hardly worn, good make too. Alloys are reasonably tidy, no significant scuffing but the tyre pressures do need monitoring.

Ride height is spot on. It's a sports type car folks, it is not a wafty Citroen, so be prepared. 

Roffle numbers would be £6.50 if there is any interest. Cash buyage would be £350.

Location is North London. Pictures at the weekend. 

It is a fun, great driving, small sporty type car that makes a great noise and shifts like buggery. Tons of support and spares around.

So, over to you hairy lot. Roffle interest or stony silence? :) If interest I'll put a roffle board up at the weekend.

1. skattrd ®

2. AMCRebel ®

3. fat_pirate ®

4. SiC

5. angle

6. stinkwheel ®

7. SierraMikeHotel ®

8. jackytwoshoes ®

9. barefoot ®

10. StillOrange

11. 83C

12. sporty-shite ®

13. AlsoMike ®

14. jackytwoshoes ®

15. Alanism ®

16. CortinaDave ®

17. djoptix

18. Floatylight ®

19. AMCRebel ®

20. DeeJay ®

21. SiC ®

22. Rave

23. Brodders ®

24. jumpingjehovas ®

25. loserone ®

26. djim ®

27. Skattrd ®

28. gadgetpricey

29. CortinaDave ®

30. AlsoMike ®

31. fat_pirate ®

32. yes oui si ®

33. djoptix ®

34. brownnova®

35. skattrd ®

36. Rave

37. 83C

38. New Pod

39. Geordieinexile ®

40. New Pod

41. loserone ®

42. 83C

43. Panhard65 ®

44. sporty-shite ®

45. Cavcraft ®

46. yes oui si ®

47. gadgetpricey

48. brownnova ®

49. jumpingjehovas ®

50. djim ®

51. rainagain

52. Claysts450 ®

53. djoptix ®

54. Ohdearme ®

55. alcyonecorporation ®

56. DeeJay ®

57. AMCRebel ®

58. 95quidpeugout ®

59. stinkwheel ®

I got £6.50 for that heap o' shite.

PS: The A/C is for humidity and for demisting windows between showers/temperature changes.

That's why most Japanese market cars - even kei cars - have it as standard. Even Minis sent to Japan were specified with it; Rover had to keep the side-mount radiator in production as result, otherwise the compressor and condensor/dryer wouldn't fit under the bonnet.

SiC, yes it is the higher power one mate, made even better by that 52mm throttle body.

MOT as reported.... 27th March 2019.

Taxed to get you home.

Turkish lunch or dinner provided to the lucky roffle winner courtesy of me. Cos I'm quite nice.

Don't forget, this is no minty, mint concourse babe.

I actually like the fact that she is tatty to look at, makes a change from all those pampered pusses. This is like a battle scarred, tatty eared and one eyed ginger Tom that pisses on your window ledges and double glazing because it just can.