Jump to content
outlaw118

The grumpy thread

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Confused the heck out of me the first time I visited here!

Milton Keynes is arranged in a notionally north/south east/west grid (it's actually rotated about 30 degrees, but you get the idea).  The main distributor roads running north/south are numbered V, the east/west ones H.  It's the only town I know in the UK which you can broadly navigate using grid references.

I had to attend a training course at a drug company in MK in the 90's, I could see the hotel they booked for me from every possible angle as it had a big windmill but could I shite get to it. Frustrating place to say the least!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HillmanImp said:

I was watching this comedy series called 'BBC NEWS' earlier and it had this fat man in an ill fitted suit wearing a bad wig, doing some sort of surrealist stand up, whilst people shouted at him from a telly stood at the other end of the room. 

It was like, maybe French or something but remade for UK telly, I'm not sure? 

Anyway I didn't like it. 

You are Philomena Cunk and I claim my five pounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, omegod said:

I had to attend a training course at a drug company in MK in the 90's, I could see the hotel they booked for me from every possible angle as it had a big windmill but could I shite get to it. Frustrating place to say the least!

Caldecotte!

Attended a car meet there once just after moving in - took me four loops around the area before I found the damned access road!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being on lockdown, on a glorious day, when you own three convertibles is tantamount to torture. 

I resisted the urge to drive into the hills, because I’m taking this seriously. But I almost had to get Mrs_b to hide the keys. And that was day 2.

In other grumpiness, my sleep has gone to shit... I’m usually so knackered that I crash out and sleep until the alarm. Recently I’ve been doing a lot of waking up at 4am... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Being on lockdown, on a glorious day, when you own three convertibles is tantamount to torture. 

I resisted the urge to drive into the hills, because I’m taking this seriously. But I almost had to get Mrs_b to hide the keys. And that was day 2.

In other grumpiness, my sleep has gone to shit... I’m usually so knackered that I crash out and sleep until the alarm. Recently I’ve been doing a lot of waking up at 4am... 

Morning. My body clock is waking me up at 5:40 out of habit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, New POD said:

Morning. My body clock is waking me up at 5:40 out of habit. 

Morning!  I’m normally a 6am riser, I could cope with that... I even went for a 2 hour ‘state permitted exercise’ walk yesterday to tire myself out... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vulgalour said:

You are Philomena Cunk and I claim my five pounds.

Close , I actually wrote that with Barry Shitpeas voice in my head (from the telly, I don't know what our own Mr Shitpeas, Wilsonx2 etc sounds like). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, New POD said:

Morning. My body clock is waking me up at 5:40 out of habit. 

My alarms had been set for 5:30. Yesterday I woke up bang on, today I'm 20 mins "late".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sir Snipes said:

My alarms had been set for 5:30. Yesterday I woke up bang on, today I'm 20 mins "late".

I'm working from home, so should have left for work by now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mitsisigma01 said:

How is it for you working DD, not sharing a cab at work are you? how does the rest of the crew get around? 

I’ve been set aside as an ‘at risk’ member of staff because I’m overweight. My stepdaughter is at a higher risk of getting it than me because she’s working in a supermarket and has done 4 extra shifts this week.
 

I think loaders are meeting the driver at the start of the round by travelling there in their cars

they’ve sent home over half the front line staff and using whoever they can get their hands on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks as though daughter's battery has collapsed on her C3.

Fortunately working from home currently (NHS) - 16 hour days :(

ECP prices  :(   :(

I paid far less for a Bosch for my C5 diesel a year ago.

 

 

Edited by myglaren
Unexpected link arrangement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, myglaren said:

Looks as though daughter's battery has collapsed on her C3.

Fortunately working from home currently (NHS) - 16 hour days :(

ECP prices  :(   :(

I paid far less for a Bosch for my C5 diesel a year ago.

 

 

£44.49 for the shitty Lion one with their code, it’s not awful if you need it today is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

I’ve been set aside as an ‘at risk’ member of staff because I’m overweight. My stepdaughter is at a higher risk of getting it than me because she’s working in a supermarket and has done 4 extra shifts this week.
 

I think loaders are meeting the driver at the start of the round by travelling there in their cars

they’ve sent home over half the front line staff and using whoever they can get their hands on.

And my family took the piss out of me when I panic bought a garden incinerator bin two weeks ago...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

And my family took the piss out of me when I panic bought a garden incinerator bin two weeks ago...

Yep burn what you can matey, my council is prioritising putrefying stuff which is the general waste and garden waste with under 50% collection staff, they’re turning down a lot of agency and volunteer staff according to one colleague as those offering their services have been sent home from other jobs because in the at risk category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making Tax Digital!

Under the guise of streamlining the process I went down the route of linking my company bank account to Xero.

After a bit of cocking about the process shuddered into life and all was good.

Until today, Co-operative business banking is not compatible with Xero until April and that is an estimate.

I don't know if the issue is Co-op but suspect Xero are the culprits as a number of banks are affected with the same estimated date.

Either way its a shitty thing to be changing systems to introduce failures especially just as end of year returns are due.

Somebody somewhere needs a P45 for this kind of screw up and a weapons grade wedgie as they are thrown off the premises.

Moving a company account is a tedious affair usually with face to face and form filling, not an option at present.

Any recommendations for a replacement business account?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got an old iPhone 6s that was barely clinging onto life. I was resealing the bath the other week and dropped it on the tiles cracking the screen. That was was the last straw so I ordered a good used iPhone  7 from eBay . I. got it all setup , restored my back etc. Perfect .

I Sat down to listen to a podcast to drown out all the wfh background noise and no fucking headphone socket! . Bastard, this is when apple moved to Bluetooth  only to force people to buy their over priced ear buds. 
I do have a set of Bluetooth headphone but they last 4 hours and give no indication when they’re going to run out.

not all progress is good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cort16 said:

I’ve got an old iPhone 6s that was barely clinging onto life. I was resealing the bath the other week and dropped it on the tiles cracking the screen. That was was the last straw so I ordered a good used iPhone  7 from eBay . I. got it all setup , restored my back etc. Perfect .

I Sat down to listen to a podcast to drown out all the wfh background noise and no fucking headphone socket! . Bastard, this is when apple moved to Bluetooth  only to force people to buy their over priced ear buds. 
I do have a set of Bluetooth headphone but they last 4 hours and give no indication when they’re going to run out.

not all progress is good 

Sorted:

https://www.wish.com/c/5b0d4b8d4d23b03df6bf4305?hide_login_modal=true&from_ad=goog_shopping&_display_country_code=GB&_force_currency_code=GBP&pid=googleadwords_int&c={campaignId}&ad_cid=5b0d4b8d4d23b03df6bf4305&ad_cc=GB&ad_curr=GBP&ad_price=1.00&campaign_id=9496440955&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk97t04S46AIVCbTtCh2xIgRNEAQYAiABEgKT7_D_BwE

you can’t charge the phone at the same time, but still allows proper headphones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, rusty_vw_man said:

I know you can get adapters it just seems daft you need one although see the high end android phones have gone the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rovorsche said:

Making Tax Digital!

Under the guise of streamlining the process I went down the route of linking my company bank account to Xero.

After a bit of cocking about the process shuddered into life and all was good.

Until today, Co-operative business banking is not compatible with Xero until April and that is an estimate.

I don't know if the issue is Co-op but suspect Xero are the culprits as a number of banks are affected with the same estimated date.

Either way its a shitty thing to be changing systems to introduce failures especially just as end of year returns are due.

Somebody somewhere needs a P45 for this kind of screw up and a weapons grade wedgie as they are thrown off the premises.

Moving a company account is a tedious affair usually with face to face and form filling, not an option at present.

Any recommendations for a replacement business account?

 

The issue is Co-Op won’t have fully implemented Open Banking for business customers - Yorkshire Bank are the same, integration with FreeAgent has stopped working now. 

Monzo do business banking now - there’s a free tier or £5 a month if you want things like said integration. No per transaction fees etc.  Instant account opening and use CASS to switch. Not a single form required. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kiltox said:

£44.49 for the shitty Lion one with their code, it’s not awful if you need it today is it?

Saw those but can't see them lasting very long.  Fortunately she is working from home and always walks to the shops, only a ten minute walk and there are multiple shops including Sainsburys, ASDA and dozens of smaller shops - which may or may not be open of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, myglaren said:

Saw those but can't see them lasting very long.  Fortunately she is working from home and always walks to the shops, only a ten minute walk and there are multiple shops including Sainsburys, ASDA and dozens of smaller shops - which may or may not be open of course.

I’ve used them a few times, they aren’t actually that awful. 

The Varta one linked to will be better if she can wait for delivery though and cheaper too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, greengartside said:

It’s my birthday today.

And I’ve managed to put my lower back out so now I’m in bed for the rest of the day. Still, not back at work until Tuesday because holiday so hoping it’ll be reet for then. Stay safe, guys.

 

As much as it can be when you're in pain, happy birthday. It's not every day that you're 102 either, so make the most of it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They say shit happens in threes.....

Put some washing in the machine, got the box of Persil out. Bottom of box decides to fall out, and now I've got a kitchen floor like Shaun Ryder's coffee table.

Cleared that up....

Went out to get a coat of wax on Megamoose. All's going well, driver's side rear quarter done, inside the door shuts, lovely. About to start on the front wing, and my bottle of polish blows over, all over the bonnet and onto the floor. Look's like I've been Stu_CDXing everywhere.

Cleaned that up......

Decided that I'll touch in the rendering round the windows we had fitted last year. Mix up paint with a bit of white to account for fading, brush on. Lovely. Until I start round the front of the house, where the existing render has faded more than the back. It looks like Stevie Wonder did it.

Fuck it.

I'm doing nothing else today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTF is wrong with people? Went on my daily allowed exercise, and walked to the nearest bit of nature. Former tip, now grass n scrubby trees, the birds are out, stuff is growing, feeling of calm.

IMG_20200326_160914.thumb.jpg.bd0d0eebef6d22675f9ba8bb4238ef75.jpg

What kind of fuckwit takes the dog for a walk, bags up the shit then carries it until they find flowers n thinks yeah, great place to dump it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...