Jump to content
outlaw118

The grumpy thread

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Wack said:

Liverpool has a camera van dishing out £100 fines if you stop on the approach road , it's £3  at the quick drop but the do have a free drop off which is only a 5 minute walk but nobody uses it 

Ah Ringo Star Airport. So named because the first place the Beatles went on thier escape from the city as soon as they had a hit. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, iainrcz said:

Just got petrol and checked the tyre pressures.
3 out of 4 tyres because the machine fucking broke itself AND I dropped a valve cap.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
 

I was having a bad day a few months ago , I drive for a living and just lately I hate it , this day the job wasn't ready so I was an hour late , it was raining so I was wet as it's a pickup, I filled up with fuel and went to check the tyre pressures

I got out and looked where the valves were , unbefuckingleivable, all 4 valves were at 6 oclock

I started a bit of a rant , you wouldn't fucking believe that would be possible , all 4 at the bottom, looked up and a girl was having a right laugh at me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, New POD said:

Ah Ringo Star Airport. So named because the first place the Beatles went on thier escape from the city as soon as they had a hit. 

 

I like liverpool and I like scousers

I had an hour to kill waiting to pick my wife and daughter up from a show so went into subway 

It was 8pm on grand national day , 2 groups of scousers were having a loud conversation from one side to the other but it may as well have been in chinese , I could barely understand a word 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wack said:

I like liverpool and I like scousers

I had an hour to kill waiting to pick my wife and daughter up from a show so went into subway 

It was 8pm on grand national day , 2 groups of scousers were having a loud conversation from one side to the other but it may as well have been in chinese , I could barely understand a word 

Apparently the fact that Southerners can understand me means I'm a posh Scouser. 

I would suggest that those that were moved out to the new towns of Skem, Runcorn and Winsford have had 50 years of trying to out Scouse each other.  Plus them in Birkenhead who seem to have stronger accents.  On the North side of Liverpool you tend to get a more lilting "Jimmy Tarbuck" accent.  South Liverpool, you might as well be listening to Latin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wack said:

I like liverpool and I like scousers

It was 8pm on grand national day , 2 groups of scousers were having a loud conversation from one side to the other but it may as well have been in chinese , I could barely understand a word 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, New POD said:

Apparently the fact that Southerners can understand me means I'm a posh Scouser. 

I would suggest that those that were moved out to the new towns of Skem, Runcorn and Winsford have had 50 years of trying to out Scouse each other.  Plus them in Birkenhead who seem to have stronger accents.  On the North side of Liverpool you tend to get a more lilting "Jimmy Tarbuck" accent.  South Liverpool, you might as well be listening to Latin. 

We went on that DUKW tour of liverpool, the guide held his own in the all scousers are funny stereotype , one part of the tour was about a famous cryptic crossword creator whod moved to New York but wanted to be buried in liverpool , it was quite a moving story he told , even giving us directions to his grave, six down and four across.

I don't know how funny he was when the DUKW sank in the middle of the dock a few months later though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rain, rain and more rain.

Currently have several local roads closed due to flooding, people stuck in Meadowhell (memories of 2007 and Air Sea Rescue helicopters being deployed) and several friends close to having to evacuate their houses just down the road.

This morning, Charlie (in his blue coat) and I went for a walk, 

IMG_20191107_105042.thumb.jpg.669afd86dac7c7446779b031a5d5d253.jpg

that's not a river we were walking past, that's usually a very dry footpath. That was almost 10 hours ago, my coat still isn't dry (neither is his) and it hasn't stopped raining, and isn't due to for at least another 7 hours!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, busmansholiday said:

Rain, rain and more rain.

Currently have several local roads closed due to flooding, people stuck in Meadowhell (memories of 2007 and Air Sea Rescue helicopters being deployed) and several friends close to having to evacuate their houses just down the road.

This morning, Charlie (in his blue coat) and I went for a walk, 

IMG_20191107_105042.thumb.jpg.669afd86dac7c7446779b031a5d5d253.jpg

that's not a river we were walking past, that's usually a very dry footpath. That was almost 10 hours ago, my coat still isn't dry (neither is his) and it hasn't stopped raining, and isn't due to for at least another 7 hours!!!!!

I blame all those shite cars on the road , if everyone had bought a nissan leaf on day one none of this would be happening and if it did we could use all the dead batteries like sandbags 

It's all our fault 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does the water know where to go to avoid trees? Baffled by nature, it's like it's done that for years.

That aside, I used to live in a small village triangulated by 1 large and 2 small rivers. Our house was about 200+ years old as were the neighbours houses until a few doors down and then you had 3 rather plush 60's bungalow efforts. You can guess who got flooded everytime it rained a bit.

The river authority who's name escapes me were forever trying to modify and improve the rivers with the same result everytime, maybe even making it worse. I mean, sometimes people have just got to admit that thier house was built in a fucking stupid place!

My grump today is public transport- trains. I do it every time... Sit by the window leaving myself open to some random to park their arse next to me- why!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BoggyMires said:

How does the water know where to go to avoid trees? Baffled by nature, it's like it's done that for years.

As noted, it's a footpath - it's following the tracks made by people/animals avoiding the trees...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Ah, but when the planning department is influenced by the developer, things can be built seemingly anywhere. 

Absolutely, which is why a fair few people last night around here were again reminded that building a housing estate on a flood plain at the bottom of the valley, near a river, was errrr, fooooking stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like the flood plain at Cookham. There's a main road that runs over it and the fields are always underwater after about August, yet there's always a planning application for the land floating about. Soon it won't get declined and they'll put 90 houses on it

Loads of expensive houses in Marlow flooded a while back

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/17495374.catastrophic-marlow-floods-could-have-been-prevented-if-defences-were-built-earlier/

However my stepdad always says he remembers when those houses weren't there and it was just the muddy edge of the thames, then laughs... I skip dove loads of damp vacs during the aftermath too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BoggyMires said:

My grump today is public transport- trains. I do it every time... Sit by the window leaving myself open to some random to park their arse next to me- why!?!

Why? Because its public transport of course, you get one seat (if you are lucky) hope this clears that one up for you :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Sounds like the flood plain at Cookham. There's a main road that runs over it and the fields are always underwater after about August, yet there's always a planning application for the land floating about. Soon it won't get declined and they'll put 90 houses on it

Loads of expensive houses in Marlow flooded a while back

https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/17495374.catastrophic-marlow-floods-could-have-been-prevented-if-defences-were-built-earlier/

However my stepdad always says he remembers when those houses weren't there and it was just the muddy edge of the thames, then laughs... I skip dove loads of damp vacs during the aftermath too...

 

seabreeze_wide_560.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grandmother Fumbler's Rav4 battery fucked itself after a passenger door was left open last Thursday. Battery rendered completely flat, managed to overflow, corrode the holder etc.

AA called as Grandmother pays for them. AA comes over, jumps battery, turns off car, I attempt to start, only to find that the starter motor won't even budge. AA man says its fucked and then tells me he doesn't have the battery in his van and that he won't be able to get one tonight.

I said okay as we'll jump it with the Land Cruiser if necessary. AA leaves. Grandmother then says the batter was fitted by the AA last year. How she kills the DMF, clutch and battery in that car I'll never know. She'll call AA tomorrow and they should repair for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jamiechod said:

Fuck sake! Anyone reckon it's worth appealing this? I was eating a kfc in the dark and I was there fourteen bastard minutes 😭

 

20191108_195558.jpg

Its up to you, I deal with these guys every day as I manage a large property in the Lakes and have engaged them to manage the carpark because of the amount of nuisance parkers we get, they don't fuck around and will eventually take you to court if you refuse to pay (rightly or wrongly I'm not getting into that debate) I personally hate them, and it pisses me off that I have to use them but ignorance is no defence, if there were signs up then it's not wise to park there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live on a private road very, very close to a shopping centre. Countless numbers of people think it’s acceptable to park/wait on the road despite numerous signs telling them otherwise.

Private parking firms are a nuisance (and the one used here is SHIT) but they’re also sadly necessary. 

ParkingEye are very, very good at chasing people and are more than willing to go to court etc. I’d pay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, loserone said:

I almost always sit on the floor by the doors on busy trains

As long as it's nowhere near the bogs. People sitting on carpet that gets covered in shit every time someone blocks the toilet always made me feel a tad ill.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kiltox said:

I live on a private road very, very close to a shopping centre. Countless numbers of people think it’s acceptable to park/wait on the road despite numerous signs telling them otherwise.

Private parking firms are a nuisance (and the one used here is SHIT) but they’re also sadly necessary. 

ParkingEye are very, very good at chasing people and are more than willing to go to court etc. I’d pay. 

I agree (sadly).

ParkingEye were willing to take one case all the way up to the UK Supreme Court: See ParkingEye Limited v Beavis [2015] UKSC 67 .... and they won. Must have been expensive, (I would have thought legal costs into the hundreds of thousands of Pounds) both for ParkingEye and Mr Beavis. All over 85 Pounds? If that's not doing things "For the principle of the matter", (from the perspective of ParkingEye) I'm not sure what is. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TooManyPeopleMovers said:

I agree (sadly).

ParkingEye were willing to take one case all the way up to the UK Supreme Court: See ParkingEye Limited v Beavis [2015] UKSC 67 .... and they won. Must have been expensive, (I would have thought legal costs into the hundreds of thousands of Pounds) both for ParkingEye and Mr Beavis. All over 85 Pounds? If that's not doing things "For the principle of the matter", (from the perspective of ParkingEye) I'm not sure what is. 

Mr Beavis, much as we might admire his principles, is an excellent example of why you shouldn't let matters slip into the regular Court system.

There is a parking appeals process; make use of that first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...