The grumpy thread

outlaw118

This Place.

While I was out and about today, using my oldish but very reliable mobile, I was reminded of the fact that it's never taken remotely good pictures (2nd-hand, lens was scuffed when I got it) but then that's never remotely bothered me, as I have 2 half-decent digital compacts for pics that need rapid uploading, both of which will take far better photos in any case, and anyway my phone seems to work perfectly well at everything else, as long as I don't try and run any really fancy apps on it.

I then started considering which of said cameras I'd take on my kollekshunz trip next weekend, and it occurred to me that it would be so much better more fun if I could actually post pictures en route, rather than just bunging up a pictorial account upon my return. But then, that would require me to take my laptop to upload the pics, using stolen wi-fi from shops and M-way services, which is really daft when you think about it. I mean, who really cares? It's just mild attention-seeking on an obscure crap-car forum for desperately uncool men (and 3 girls).

I now own a shiny new Samsung Galaxy on contract, which I have absolutely no real-world need for whatsoever. You tossers. My forthcoming thread had better have at least 30 likes.  :mad:

Thing is, he pisses in various places, and most of the time they're 'new' without his scent anywhere. He's basically a little shit.

I am starting to wonder that. He's due to have his knackers removed in a few weeks, so hoping that will help sort him out...

Oh yeah, forgot to add that cats are dicks. Amazing, fun, supercool but also dicks

It will, if you have a serious word with him beforehand and the vet "forgets" the anaesthetic...

That's a bloody good idea. He'd be a little subdued for an extended period.

Oh yeah, forgot to add that cats are dicks. Amazing, fun, supercool but also dicks

Totally. Had two before, who've both passed on now. Great characters but shits at times.

How many litter trays do you have? Nadless cat should be more pleasant in relation to his toilet manners.

Maybe his cat mother held a grudge and didn't toilet train him properly. Maybe he is just a psycho. Chop his nads off anyway. That'll teach him who is boss (maybe).

He's a bit of a chav and I don't think he cares who he pisses off. He's a ginger so we keep referring to him as a Golden balls. That name'll have to change.

I was browsing the ebay tat thread earlier and spotted this sorry-looking 1100 on there.

1100_zpsqykxdybs.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unique-1972-Austin-1100-Police-Panda-Car-The-Last-One-Remaining-For-Sale-/272053682362?hash=item3f57a9c0ba:g:bB4AAOSwcBhWUgRK

Sad that some pond life think it's fun to do this to a car. Makes me very upset indeed. If I had the money / time etc...

At least they've described themselves on the bonnet...

FUCKING TALKTALK INTERNET CAN GO AND JUMP IN THE SEA.

That's two ebay items missed out because it shat itself in the dying seconds, one of the few not for sale by some shabby chit peddling dickhead who has haphazardly thrown a tin expensive off white at it.

Anyone hiding something like this anywhere?

$_57.JPG

Had enough now. Had the trouble with the shared house people who live there about Vectra etc so I've had a few days out the way. Went home last night and parked where I always park. Them two who live there looking out the window. Got up this morning and some cunt smashed mirror off my car. 4/5 month in same place and no hassle. Very suspect.

This Place.

I now own a shiny new Samsung Galaxy on contract, which I have absolutely no real-world need for whatsoever. You tossers. My forthcoming thread had better have at least 30 likes. :mad:

If you start the collection thread now,we can start liking it before you even set off !

Not a Renault,is it?

Had enough now. Had the trouble with the shared house people who live there about Vectra etc so I've had a few days out the way. Went home last night and parked where I always park. Them two who live there looking out the window. Got up this morning and some cunt smashed mirror off my car. 4/5 month in same place and no hassle. Very suspect.

I'd smash the ears from the side of their heads for fun, cunts

Kittens.

Ours is just over 10 weeks old, and the little bastard insists on pissing on the living room floor (different place each time) if he's left in there unattended. When shut in the kitchen with the dog, he's clean as a pin (hopefully long may it last.) The floor is clean, it is only about 12 month old laminate and doesn't smell of other cats.

Plenty of FFS moments currently.

There is a TV program, I have noticed while scrolling through the listings, called 'my cat from hell'. I'm still not quite sure why they didn't just call it 'my cat'.

I will have to get my drains jetted. Rods made no difference and the blockage is on my property.

I am sick of being covered in shit - my new name is Mr Hankey.

I don't think my missus appreciates what actually happens when I have to pull the toilet off and why it irritates me so much. Yes love, I'm pissed off, well spotted, because I've got your and my shit all over my bare hands and up my arms and now there's some on my face too and it's all over my clothes. Oh wait though, I thought I'd fixed it BUT IT STILL FUCKING LEAKS AND I'M GOING TO HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN.

I don't like plumbing.

As well as being anally burgled for my drains, I had my boiler serviced as well.

On the bill was an advisory for having possible consideration to having a filter fitted to protect boiler and system.

Cost? £200 plus vat.

Any guesses how long I considered it for?

I've noticed the attitude towards old cars has changed a bit for the worse over the last year. Here in Surrey people seem to act like a cunt at any possible opportunity, but on the roads there is definitely an increasing tendency to try and do something something to put the shits up anyone in an old car. It's like they absolutely have to do it to make themselves feel better. The number of ridiculous overtakings is definitely on the up, even when I'm already breaking the speed limit. I've taken to forcing people who are hustling me to go past, then I become the hustler and they become the hustled. They soon get the message.

I think it's arrogance, plain and simple. Old = shit and a failure, in so many people's eyes. Unless you have the receipt to prove you paid a millionty-sheckles for it, in which case you're a success because you can spend money through the nose... I give up!

Agreed A BILLIONTY+

These days, many people in general seem to be encouraged to feel overly proud of themselves whilst also being significantly encouraged to harshly judge others with no real reason/intellect/research, which serves nothing more than to make themselves feel far superior to thier equals. This in itself simply translates as arrogancy, but they do not see it. This translates into working and road attitudes. Work of course being; working with someone who likes to "brown nose" be "managers pet" types or those who are signifanctly cuntish at work feeling they are far superior to you despite being in the same position and earning the same wage etc...

Then this translates into road attitudes; they, the encouraged ones feel they have more right to the road because they feel they are far superior to you because they have a newer/bigger car than yours. Of course, in reality, they are not. This aggressive attitude has been around since year dot, but it had manifested itself in different ways. These days far more people feel the need to be "proud and loud" with it (which again is nothing more than real arrogance) due mostly in part to the influence of the media (tabloid newpapers/big brother etc...)

NOT everyone who watches big brother/drives a financed BMW/Audi and lives a "financed" life is arrogant and twattish, most just want a few nice things in life. But the arrogant twat brigade are fast on the rise and growing by the day.

Best thing to do is simply ignore/laugh and walk away from these idiots. Let them get on with it. It a lot easier said than done when some 50+ arse in an XF won't let you pass at a 100MPH but sometimes you gotta just admit defeat and let them get on ahead.

Had todays mail brought up to the sorting office yesterday and my round was all sorted and boxed ready to leave so I could get started for 7:15am this morning. My van has been making noises from the gearbox for several months and the last couple of days it's got dramatically worse with trouble getting it into gear, juddering, clunking and a general air of "Just send me to the scrapyard to die, I've done 155,000 miles FFS". I phoned the workshop after just about getting home in it last night to be told "Try and limp it along till after Christmas when it will be replaced". Yeah right - the van had other ideas and it grenaded as I pulled into the works car park this morning. Then had to sit around for 2.5 hours waiting for recovery and a replacement van so didn't get home till 4pm.

I certainly agree that not everyone who watches big brother/drives a financed BMW/Audi and lives a "financed" life are arrogant twats but the arrogant twat brigade are fast on the rise and growing by the day.

What really makes me sad (and I mean that in the true sense of the word) is how these tossers appropriate all the nice stuff. I'm not really talking cars here (as orl modernz iz shit ain't because of the people who drive them), it's more the places they go, stuff they do, etc. 

Case in point: there's a pub/restaurant not far from me which has been done up from what was something analogous to a Greene King type place to this gastropub entity, where they rename 'Fish and Chips' to 'Battered Cod and Hand Cut & Salted Potatoes" and add an extra £2 to it. Anyway, regardless of that, the place was a bit tatty outside and they've made it look quite nice now, with an outdoor spot of decking by a small stream. 

Within about 30 seconds of the place being opened, the carpark was chock-full of 15 plate Aldis and the pub (and decking) was full of their owners. A win for the pubs new custodians but a loss for anyone who just wants a nice pint somewhere nice without being surrounded by 'do you know how much I earn?' types... and their conversation. AND their kids.

What really makes me sad (and I mean that in the true sense of the word) is how these tossers appropriate all the nice stuff. I'm not really talking cars here (as orl modernz iz shit ain't because of the people who drive them), it's more the places they go, stuff they do, etc. 

Case in point: there's a pub/restaurant not far from me which has been done up from what was something analogous to a Greene King type place to this gastropub entity, where they rename 'Fish and Chips' to 'Battered Cod and Hand Cut & Salted Potatoes" and add an extra £2 to it. Anyway, regardless of that, the place was a bit tatty outside and they've made it look quite nice now, with an outdoor spot of decking by a small stream. 

Within about 30 seconds of the place being opened, the carpark was chock-full of 15 plate Aldis and the pub (and decking) was full of their owners. A win for the pubs new custodians but a loss for anyone who just wants a nice pint somewhere nice without being surrounded by 'do you know how much I earn?' types... and their conversation. AND their kids.

Console yourself with the fact these twats will be up to their eyeballs in debt.

And you aren't.

I want a CRT telly for the living room, one of those with the stupid fake wood panelling to go with the rest of my interior decor and so I can watch Fawlty Towers, Man About The House and The Sweeney on a proper tiny, fuzzy screen with shit sound. Probably not a 70s one which will go wrong and set my house on fire but some late 80s Mitsubishi or something.

About a decade ago every second hand furniture store was packed with them because old duffers were flogging them in the misunderstanding they needed new kit to "go digital". Are there any left now? Nope. Of course they weigh as much as a small moon and are fragile so posting such a beast is out of the question so online shopping is pretty much out. In fact you rarely see second hand electronics for sale at all now-a-days.

In fact, are there any more second hand furniture shops? Not really. There are antique shops, sure, but where are all the shops flogging cheap 40-70 year old furniture that's a bit battered and knackered but still sold and NOT brush painted in pastel colours? Gone.

I have ONE locally, but it's a big place and stock is dwindling, it was packed full circa 2005...

Eh? A pub gets taken over and renovated, and when it opens folk come to try it out. Big deal!

I think you are flattering yourselves if you think anyone else cares a jot what car you are driving. Apart from "that looks slow/I want to get where I am going", I doubt any thought goes into the details.

And anyway:

How is "I'm better than you because I drive an Audi" any worse than "I'm better than you because I don't drive an 'Aldi'"???

Maybe it's just sales figures. Do the maths.....

More people buy Audi TDIs than Lada Nivas.

Approx. 49.999% of people in the UK are more twatty than average.

Therefore, if you ignore the whole flawed argument and cause and causality and all that shit, that PROVES that Audi drivers are bigger twats that Lada Niva drivers.

I really hope the humour comes across in this as I've just remembered what the 2CV-family daily driver is.....

;)

Just gets a bit boring.

Guess what just happened to me?

Someone in an Audi pulled out in front of me- in an Audi!

The world might fall off its axis or something.

I just think car people pay attention to the makes and models of cars they see out and about. I think most other people are just feeling under pressure to get where they are going as fast as they can, rather trying to parade their wealth over the people who they perceive to be in their way.

I just think car people pay attention to the makes and models of cars they see out and about. I think most other people are just feeling under pressure to get where they are going as fast as they can, rather trying to parade their wealth over the people who they perceive to be in their way.

Yep, the worlds gonna fall off it's axis etc...

I partly agree that most people are just under pressure to get where they are going, (something i forgot to add in my post, but we're not all perfect are we?) but the 'paraders' of perceived wealth are around and are growing.

I think you are flattering yourselves if you think anyone else cares a jot what car you are driving. Apart from "that looks slow/I want to get where I am going", I doubt any thought goes into the details.

And anyway:

How is "I'm better than you because I drive an Audi" any worse than "I'm better than you because I don't drive an 'Aldi'"???

This is Autoshite, most of us don't give a toss what we drive either as long as its cheap, makes us happy and gets us there, and even possibly back.

I don't see much inverted snobbery here.