The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I love facebook!

I love it for the simple reason that I can marvel at what utter mongs 90% of people are, and that amuses me! It's also useful for actually keeping in touch with people that are far away (lots of friends in the USA and Australia) and I like all the clubs on there.

You do get a certain amount of dross, but I just laugh and move on. I don't tend to post much on there anyway (just about the dogs usually!)...

You know that thing where you submit a lowball bid on eBay, and you get a notification saying "You've won"

Yeah, that.

Did not expect that!! Hmmm...

Now to break it to the wife! At least its only a very small fee and it does have MOT!!

I was in Lidl today for some coffee and milk, seemingly every numbnuts in town had come down to buy an entire trolley of Christmas food. Besides the fact that there's weeks yet, how much food exactly are they planning to eat? I reckon even after people have overindulged, most of it will go in the bin. The supermarkets aren't even shut for long, you're not stocking up for a nuclear war. In conclusion, I was delayed for ten minutes and the world is in disarray.

Sadly Lidl and Aldi are popular nowadays,it was much better when you were seen as a penniless loser for shopping there - empty car park, no queues, no knackers chatting in the aisles. I keep having to find more down at heel and shabby looking places with shadier looking products to avoid people.

Yeah, I'm that big fat bastard in a fluorescent coat riding my bike slowly through town. You were the one who's mate tried to hold you back as you crossed the road, but you shrugged her off and walked right in front of me without even looking. That's possibly why I said 'try looking next time' and that's probably why you told me to 'piss off.'  And that's definitely why I shouted 'FUCK OFF YOU FAT COW.'

Probably a good job electric cars aren't that poplier at the moment, or there'd be a lot of dead shoppers littering the roads.

Not so much of a grump, but more of a topic that gives me a knitted brow. There was a good short in Practical Classics about how driving a Citroen Ami has made the writer realise how drivers of new cars appear to buy into the notion that their cars take them from a to b faster than ever before. As a result, the authour feels intimidated. I feel exactly like this on my daily commute in my wee old car, but this also makes me angry, fucking fuming in fact. I end up at work with a big spike in my stress level for that day. Its only a matter of time before I get out of my car on one of these occasions and get myself into a situation that will only end badly for me, whatever the outcome. I need to find a way to manage my anger when some cnut in an Audi is on my arse. I have a sticker which says "YOU GET CLOSE-I GO SLOW" but it only diffiuses things to a point.

I have often wanted some sort of LED board in the back so I can send messages to other cars like "Bit too close thank you", or "Don't make me ask you to back off again" followed up by "I am a schizophrenic and have a large knife on the passenger seat. I am now going to follow you home. Thank you"

No doubt it would be abused and not used sensibly as suggested above

Try riding a 40 year old Honda C90 to work,complete with giffer screen and topbox!

I just have a sticker saying "paid for and in front of you" tbf,I couldn't give a shit about all the arseoles racing to go to work,I have a nice pootlethru the country lanes,and arrive relaxed knowing the cost of two tyres on their Audi would keep me in fuel for a year.

And another reason not to be on Facebook, you get groomed by men who force you into doing things you don't want to do

Yeah, sore point round here. 15yr old lass that my daughter went to school with met up with her new Facebook boyfriend last week. He was late 20s. And so was his mate, it seems they spent the weekend doing horrible things to her and they found her body in the woods on Tuesday.

Grump is that kids don't seem to want to be kids any more. It's all pushing boundaries of what they can do, how long they're allowed out, a thousand mates on Facebook that they have no idea who they are etc. It makes it way too easy for awful shit to happen. I'm pretty sure when I was 15 I was all Hornby and Airfix.

Yeah, sore point round here. 15yr old lass that my daughter went to school with met up with her new Facebook boyfriend last week. He was late 20s. And so was his mate, it seems they spent the weekend doing horrible things to her and they found her body in the woods on Tuesday.

Grump is that kids don't seem to want to be kids any more. It's all pushing boundaries of what they can do, how long they're allowed out, a thousand mates on Facebook that they have no idea who they are etc. It makes it way too easy for awful shit to happen. I'm pretty sure when I was 15 I was all Hornby and Airfix.

Blame the fecking media/ FB etc.... making kids feel way more adult than they can ever possibly be at such an age - and Pedos just love it - fucktards

Not so much of a grump, but more of a topic that gives me a knitted brow. There was a good short in Practical Classics about how driving a Citroen Ami has made the writer realise how drivers of new cars appear to buy into the notion that their cars take them from a to b faster than ever before. As a result, the authour feels intimidated. I feel exactly like this on my daily commute in my wee old car, but this also makes me angry, fucking fuming in fact. I end up at work with a big spike in my stress level for that day. Its only a matter of time before I get out of my car on one of these occasions and get myself into a situation that will only end badly for me, whatever the outcome. I need to find a way to manage my anger when some cnut in an Audi is on my arse. I have a sticker which says "YOU GET CLOSE-I GO SLOW" but it only diffiuses things to a point.

I usually wish that something would fall off my car, rear wiper or something and smash their car in some way. Never does though.

Blame the fecking media/ FB etc.... making kids feel way more adult than they can ever possibly be at such an age - and Pedos just love it - fucktards

KIDZ are only as good as the parents monitoring them, regardless things like this don't deserve to happen to 15 year old girls. Luckily my two (14 & 16) have half a brain and parents that are straight with them.

You see you say that but at that age do you really know what your kids are doing?

Wife said a police officer she works with told her that his daughter aged 17 said she was going to a friends after work the other day. Just so happens he saw her waiting for a bus followed it and found her standing alone. She says she was waiting for an unknown bloke (friend of a friend) to take her to some party at an unknown house....

This is a long story cut short but you know what I mean. I know I didn't tell my mum and dad what I was up to at that age and I don't assume it's any different now except that there's more scope for meeting knobheads on the Internet so you hear about it more often on the telly

When and where exactly did you grow up? Kids have always wanted to be much older than they actually are. Started smoking at 13. Buying booze at 13, and going to pubs at 14. Nightclubs at 15. Drugs/misuse of legal stuff at 13. Obviously I was a boy, but had I been a girl, I'd have been shagging left, right and centre, with adults, if pedoism was as prevalent in women as it seems to be in men.

My point is, that the only difference is that in those days the perverts took advantage opportunistically. Nowadays they arrange it in advance. I don't think it happens any more or any less, it's only the logistics that differ.

Ebay grump.. Have only used Ebay twice for selling. Have bought plenty without issue. Always pay immediately the auction ends.

Sold something on Thursday and stated that payment should be via Paypal within 24 hours. Buyer finally makes contact on Saturday saying " Hiya, will pick it up next week and bring cash".

Ok. Will see.

Edit.

Non grump as it turns out. Buyer turned up today and paid in full.

😊

Listening to some of the weekend staff at work, who are all about 16-18 years old, has made me realise two things:

1. What a boring fucker I was during my teenage years. I spent my spare time drawing pictures of Morris Minors and playing video games when everybody else was getting fucked, and fucked.

2. The average 16 year old girl has contained more cock than the main pavilion at the international rooster show.

Christ, the things I heard while trying to eat lunch at work. It'd make your eyes water, it put me off my food on occasion. I expected it from the lads, I'm familiar with the concept of wanting to stick your dick in everything when you're a teenager (followed by the rest of your life where you just want to stick your dick in most things), to hear such tales of depravity and filth from the girls was a bit of a shock. I didn't really get out much as a teenager, I didn't go to school between the ages of 7 and 15, had no friends and lived on a smallholding in the middle of nowhere. Thus my ability to do the whole drugs/drink/sex thing didn't really occur until I was old enough that I couldn't really be arsed with it and it all  looked a bit daft, has it's positives and it'd negatives. If I'd have held hands with a girl when I was 16 I'd have most likely passed out from stress, A back seat of the bus handjob would almost certainly have killed me...

I'll bet their parents didn't have a fucking clue about 90% of the crap I heard about, the most innocent seeming ones were the worst. It was crazy parties, under age drinking, sleeping with people a decade older than them, laughing at "slags" who'd had their naked selfies leaked by ex-boyfriends, etc. Teenagers are unreasonably self-righteous and so, so, so stupid at the best of times. I certainly was, couldn't be trusted to do ANYTHING even vaguely smart and I thought my parents were the most wrong people in world. Hardly surprising they are willing to meet up with a complete stranger and not think it's a murderer, despite the fact it seems obvious to us.

If they knew what adulthood was they wouldn't want to be adults. Kids think being an adult is drinking, fucking, staying out partying and driving cars far too fast. In reality that's being a kid! Being an adult is having a sore back, hangovers that feel like they last years, the responsibility of paying bills, going to bed at 11pm to be up for work, trying to average over 45mpg and praying you don't ever have a daughter... God, I'm only 23.

"If they knew what adulthood was they wouldn't want to be adults. Kids think being an adult is drinking, fucking, staying out partying and driving cars far too fast. In reality that's being a kid! Being an adult is having a sore back, hangovers that feel like they last years, the responsibility of paying bills, going to bed at 11pm to be up for work, trying to average over 45mpg and praying you don't ever have a daughter"

Yup. Being an adult is no fun. Read this and weep kids. Enjoy being young, it gets worse.

It seems I didnt fix the water ingress issue last year, I realised this as I peeled the frozen rear mat out of the footwell.

Fuck you car, I stripped you out last year. I shall fix this by having nothing in the rear footwells and running the crapramaster over the footwells every now and again!

Drive an old battered van or big arsed 4x4 with the spare bolted to the back door.

You won't be able to see the twat in the Aldi wedged up your arse, and you'll care less what he does either.

Trust me it works, you really won't give a fuck what they do any more.

When and where exactly did you grow up? Kids have always wanted to be much older than they actually are. Started smoking at 13. Buying booze at 13, and going to pubs at 14. Nightclubs at 15. Drugs/misuse of legal stuff at 13. Obviously I was a boy, but had I been a girl, I'd have been shagging left, right and centre, with adults, if pedoism was as prevalent in women as it seems to be in men.

My point is, that the only difference is that in those days the perverts took advantage opportunistically. Nowadays they arrange it in advance. I don't think it happens any more or any less, it's only the logistics that differ.

Indeed. I remember being an enthusiastic 17-year old and I pulled this gorgeous blonde 18-year old in a pub one night. Turns out she was a 14-year old redhead! I blame poor lighting and I'm glad I did nowt illegal, but now I have a niece, I'm terrified to think what teenage girls were doing when I was a lad. The girls always seemed to be a few years younger than the blokes generally. Terrifying. But yes, pushing boundaries is not a new thing at all, though that awful story about the murdered girl certainly does remind you that there are some nasty bastards about. Just horrible.