The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Replacement relay on the Xantia has started showing the same breaking down symptoms as the one I took off.  Dismantled the old one, cleaned it - glossy paper and WD40 seemed the favoured safe method so I used that to remove the surface muck on the contacts - to find when it was refitted it at least lit up the glowplug light but won't do anything else.  That is to say, when you try and start the car it goes back to flashing the glowplug light and clicking a lot.

Refitted the replacement again, which is a right palaver with it being a battery out job, and while it's working it's not working well and I have no confidence that cleaning it will help.

Guess I better get a brand new one, which is £40-60, which obviously I don't have at the moment.  OH WELL.

http://youtu.be/RayujNcmu1E

It's too bastard hot. I've spent most of the day in the garage drilling valve caps, but will have spent the profits on tins of pop n fresh kecks from sweating buckets. Everyone I know on arsebook appears to have gone to the beach / bbq / on the lash / right keg / bunch of twats while as usual I'm working.

For additional bonus grump, I went to the docs cos my knees fucked again, and mentioned I'm generally in pain everywhere. She tells me it's prolly you're an old fart, but have a blood test form. Then got a letter 2 days later... plz make an appointment to see the doctor to discuss the results of your blood test. So somethings knackered, but as she ticked every box on the form it could be anything. Or everything. I'm scared as they're not usually remotely efficient.

If a week starts on a Sunday and today is Saturday and someone says to you "I am off work this week" and "My car has the MoT due next week - what time frame are they referring to?

Today = 4th July

To me, "this week" was always the week in which you are currently in

"next week" would be during the w/c 6th July

However up here in Shetland "this week" is actually "next week" and "next week" is actually the week after that:

Shetland "this week" = w/c 6th July

Shetland "next week" = w/c 13th July

Confused the hell out of me when we first arrived here........

Chest has gone very tight with hayfever.

I was going to cover a show for work tomorrow but I might not bother now. At the moment my choices are limited to:

1. Moving and coughing while struggling to breathe

2. Not moving much and coughing less (while struggling to breathe).

Today has been a total write off - been asleep for most of it.

If a week starts on a Sunday and today is Saturday and someone says to you "I am off work this week" and "My car has the MoT due next week - what time frame are they referring to?

Today = 4th July

To me, "this week" was always the week in which you are currently in

"next week" would be during the w/c 6th July

However up here in Shetland "this week" is actually "next week" and "next week" is actually the week after that:

Shetland "this week" = w/c 6th July

Shetland "next week" = w/c 13th July

Confused the hell out of me when we first arrived here........

Abit like someone saying "I got back from holiday last Thursday"

Is that Thursday two days ago or Thursday 9 days ago? I would think the Thursday 9 days ago, otherwise why not just say "I got back on Thursday"

I was going to cover a show for work tomorrow but I might not bother now. At the moment my choices are limited to:

Dugong - Whatever you do take it easy and rest. Do not mess about and risk your health, especially with breathing and chest problems.

A sore knee, an aching shoulder, a bruised foot then get on with it. But anything chest / breathing related you have to rest mate.

Work as split the wifi at work into two sections, "management" internet and "guest" internet. Guess which me and my fellow factory floor plebs are allowed access to...

The management internet has a 22Mbps download speed, the guest network has a 0.07Mbps download speed. I didn't know it was possible to get internet that slow any more, I thought sort of shit died out circa 1999. This means I can't browse Autoshite on my phone during lunch break because it takes literal minutes to load the homepage and sometimes it's so slow the internet app just gives up and crashes...

Pah, they banned one major website at work, then decided they would send us safety videos on said website to view. I steadfastly refuse to watch any of them as they told us not to use that site.

Seemingly, it's ok when they say we can, but bollocks to that, I'm either watching it or I'm not, so they can FRO. 

Facebook adverts for 'iron man' type events.

Nearly every comment is some orange-faced bell-end simply tagging another orange-faced bell-end they think might want to do it to impress people.

I can ignore all the other shit on Facebook (even the misunderstandings on the Autoshite group), but this really boils my piss.

Facebook adverts for 'iron man' type events.

Nearly every comment is some orange-faced bell-end simply tagging another orange-faced bell-end they think might want to do it to impress people.

I can ignore all the other shit on Facebook (even the misunderstandings on the Autoshite group), but this really boils my piss.

AdBlocker and FB Purity, man. Makes Facebook (slightly) less annoying.

Feeling less shite today. 18.5 hours sleep, several gallons of water and half the medicine cabinet appear to have done the trick.

I need to stop having days like this - I'm averaging two a month when all I do is crash badly.

I've avoided updates from Britain First by simply not subscribing in the first place.

You don't have to subscribe you just need one of your friends to of posted their rubbish and it will end up in your news feed. You can then choose not to see any more posts from them. So you will get all the other crap your friend posts but not the britain first racist rubbish.

My [sAVVY] rear brake set-up is 100% Daewoo MATIZ (Chevvy SPARK).

Stealing dweebs on flee bay & 'Auto Part' sites... c. £25 for SAVVY rear brake cyl./ c. £9 for MATIZ rear brake cyl.

It is the same for all the rear axle bits, shoes/ shoe spring fitting kit.

... bit of LOTUS Ã‚£Â£[FORD Prefect] in box.

TS

Sold my heart monitor on eBay. Guy had asked 3 lots of different questions before it was sold including one 20mins before end.

Put decent pictures up and he was muttering about scratches etc. All the bells started ringing in my head. Couriered it to him (everyday he asked me if it had been sent yet).

Last night got a message saying it was slow and one of the buttons doesn't work and the YouTube videos online were no help (wtf). All working when I posted it.

I think he was after a Garmin or something for £40. Fucking cock womble

Stop sniffing flowers m8.

Windows sodding 8 on my new laptop and a mousepad that does 265 different things depending on how you move your finger/look at it/dribble tea on it ect

No I don't to fecking zoom in or out to 300% or 25%, nor do I want to go back to the desktop when I am in the middle of chod-browsing on eBay.

I want you to act solely as a mouse of circa 1996 !!!!

Windows sodding 8 on my new laptop and a mousepad that does 265 different things depending on how you move your finger/look at it/dribble tea on it ect

No I don't to fecking zoom in or out to 300% or 25%, nor do I want to go back to the desktop when I am in the middle of chod-browsing on eBay.

I want you to act solely as a mouse of circa 1996 !!!!

Answer is to buy a proper mouse and turn of the mousepad. I've done this with my works laptop.

NOTICE

Any further letters sent to myself from PakingEye, DRP or any one associated with PakingEye or DRP will incur a Penalty Charge of £500 per letter received, payable within 7 days.

Failure to pay within 7 days will incur an additional penalty charge of £18,000. Failure to notice this notice is inexcusable.

To whom it my concern,

I refuse to pay the parking charge REF XXXXXX/XXXXXX for the following reasons:

1. I was not driving BXXX XXX on 28/2/15, I was actually on holiday in Wales.

2. After visiting the car park in question at night I can confirm the signage is not adequately lit.

3. The person using my vehicle at the time was a customer of "The Durham Ox" and thus the monetary loss to yourselves is exactly £0.00, I have proof of this from "The Durham Ox" themselves.

4. I AM NOT LEGALLY OBLIGED TO TELL A PRIVATE ENTITY WHO WAS DRIVING MY VEHICLE ON 28/2/15. I DID NOT ENTER INTO ANY CONTRACT WITH YOURSELVES ON 28/2/15.

As a gesture of goodwill I enclose a cheque for £0.00 in full and final settlement for the parking charge in question.

I will not be entering into further correspondence regarding this matter.

Cheery Regards,

Me :)

Does this sound okay?

My friend Jo turned up at 1:00 p.m. with her fooking dog and wanted to go out. I had warned her on Friday that it's the British Grand Prix and NOT to come round on Sunday...

Women NEVER listen it seems!

I was 'shamed' into going out and so missed the race.... seems it was one of the best this year. Fooksticks.

NOTICE

Any further letters sent to myself from PakingEye, DRP or any one associated with PakingEye or DRP will incur a Penalty Charge of £500 per letter received, payable within 7 days.
Failure to pay within 7 days will incur an additional penalty charge of £18,000. Failure to notice this notice is inexcusable.

To whom it my concern,

I refuse to pay the parking charge REF XXXXXX/XXXXXX for the following reasons:

1. I was not driving BXXX XXX on 28/2/15, I was actually on holiday in Wales.
2. After visiting the car park in question at night I can confirm the signage is not adequately lit.
3. The person using my vehicle at the time was a customer of "The Durham Ox" and thus the monetary loss to yourselves is exactly £0.00, I have proof of this from "The Durham Ox" themselves.
4. I AM NOT LEGALLY OBLIGED TO TELL A PRIVATE ENTITY WHO WAS DRIVING MY VEHICLE ON 28/2/15. I DID NOT ENTER INTO ANY CONTRACT WITH YOURSELVES ON 28/2/15.

As a gesture of goodwill I enclose a cheque for £0.00 in full and final settlement for the parking charge in question.

I will not be entering into further correspondence regarding this matter.

Cheery Regards,

Me :)

Does this sound okay?

Don't send a cheque of any kind, it will have your bank details on there. I wouldn't put it past these crooks to try and set something up that results in you losing money.

The rest of it is ok though...

Im not a Formula1 fan but I heard Hamilton won the British Grand Prix today  :-D

Only I put the BBC news on this evening, they mentioned Hamilton winning then spoke to a Silverstone official about record profits made this year! Im sorry but who gives a shit about that? An Englishman has just won the British Grand Prix.....?

To the knobtunes in the shitty Citroen van today, down the twisty back roads of the Wirral. Sorry if you had to wait 11.27 seconds to get past, obviously driving right down the middle of said narrow lanes is going to win you lots of friends. Take your shit van, your shit attitude and your shit face and FRO.