The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Guest bangerfan101

Monseuir Hatton, je' swappez vous, notre surfeit de 'm' et 'p' pour mon ...'aw you say... coping stones ... pour qui vous restante le coping stones pour une week. Oui?

There still at work in driglington bd11, collect them at your leisure . free to a good home . also water butt and solid pond liner .

I've been reading the disco4.com / disco3.co.uk forum since getting one (non-shite daily).  It's a good, friendly forum with some good advice.  But given how much the bloody things cost, some folks on there have way more money than sense.  Like this bloke:

http://www.disco4.com/forum/topic114145.html

who buys two brand new £50k+ disco HSEs for him and his missus and then trades them after six months for another two new ones.  Apparently because "financially, I protect the money I have tied up in the cars." ... well, I guess he's limiting himself (say, optimistically with very good dealer discount) to £5k depreciation per car per six months - or only £20k per year.  Better still he's got personal plates on them both, so the Joneses probably never even notice.

I've been reading the disco4.com / disco3.co.uk forum since getting one (non-shite daily).  It's a good, friendly forum with some good advice.  But given how much the bloody things cost, some folks on there have way more money than sense.  Like this bloke:

http://www.disco4.com/forum/topic114145.html

who buys two brand new £50k+ disco HSEs for him and his missus and then trades them after six months for another two new ones.  Apparently because "financially, I protect the money I have tied up in the cars." ... well, I guess he's limiting himself (say, optimistically with very good dealer discount) to £5k depreciation per car per six months - or only £20k per year.  Better still he's got personal plates on them both, so the Joneses probably never even notice.

There are people out there for whom 20k a year is naff all, they are known as 'lucky bastards' and 'providers of future chod'.

Our cars are cheap because they splash cash.

Being differently able does not exempt you from being a fucknugget as I have learned from experience of such people over the years.

No, it doesn't. That's pretty much what I said to the gentleman in the Galaxy who came within a gnat's cock of taking my door mirror off in a car park in Altrincham.

His response: "You can't swear at me, I'm disabled."

Me: "What's that got to do with anything?" I then proposed he couldn't drive for toffee and having a disability (whatever it was) didn't excuse him from driving like a quim. 

He had no stickers, hand controls or any other paraphenalia in the car, not even an autobox.  

I have started to run around like a complete idiot. It´s called "jogging". Why? Because I´ve got 10 kilos too much on my hips and need to get them down because I will be 30 years old this october and it will get harder the older I get. Said my sporty misses. :?

No chocolate in front of the television in the evening too. Cancelled. :?

Vaser lipo. sluuuurp!!!!

I have started to run around like a complete idiot. It´s called "jogging". Why? Because I´ve got 10 kilos too much on my hips and need to get them down because I will be 30 years old this october and it will get harder the older I get. Said my sporty misses. :?

No chocolate in front of the television in the evening too. Cancelled. :?

Oh and me :( Fed up of being a blob of flab I have quit basically EVERYTHING NICE: no bread, no chocolate (I was on 1kg a week), no coffee (I drank it with double cream), no biscuits, no booze. Then I spotted one of the stupid 30 day challenge things on facebook and started that, got carried away and started another, then got a fitness DVD and started "pooch to 5k" (like couch to 5K but you take the dog). Fair play I have done more exercise in the last 30 days than I have in the last 10 years but do I feel fitter? NO. Have I lost any weight? NO.

And the worse bit, about the flab I mentioned... I am losing inches... from everywhere except my flabby bits, so now they look even bigger FFS.

And I am still out of breath when I get up the stairs.

Oh and me :( Fed up of being a blob of flab I have quit basically EVERYTHING NICE: no bread, no chocolate (I was on 1kg a week), no coffee (I drank it with double cream), no biscuits, no booze. Then I spotted one of the stupid 30 day challenge things on facebook and started that, got carried away and started another, then got a fitness DVD and started "pooch to 5k" (like couch to 5K but you take the dog). Fair play I have done more exercise in the last 30 days than I have in the last 10 years but do I feel fitter? NO. Have I lost any weight? NO.And the worse bit, about the flab I mentioned... I am losing inches... from everywhere except my flabby bits, so now they look even bigger FFS.And I am still out of breath when I get up the stairs.

Similar story here. Being 5 foot 7 and 17 stone isn't great. After trying all kinds of weird diets that promise that you will 'lose pounds in days whilst eating and drinking what you like' I have come to the conclusion that I am a fat bastard that eats/drinks too much! Eat much less and exercise a LOT more, cut out the booze and be prepared to massively change my lifestyle remains the only real option. Am currently on day three of changed lifestyle. Boring as fook, but no gain without pain as they say......

Went out on my mountain bike for the first time in two years! Did around fifteen miles on varied terrain. Result was purchasing a tub of Sudacrem for the raw arse/bollock interface. Although in fairness, I did feel like I had accomplished something great (for me). Probably burnt off around 600 calories and consumed 700 in energy drinks and cereal bars in the process though....

The bread is a big thing for me. I lost 2 stone in 2 months quitting bread. It helps because I find I eat a lot less cheese and butter now I don't have sandwiches. I am trying to have fruit for breakfast or a "healthy fat"/protein thing (this morn avocado and bacon was nice), lunch tends to be poached white fish and poached egg and a "normal tea" but I make everything from scratch really (except sausages, stock cubes that sort of thing) so my evening meal will contain "naughty" things like fried food, pastry and stuff, even a rare naan bread as a treat. I did lose loads, but it has stopped now even though I have stopped eating any junk.

I can't cycle up the road and back :(

And another thing; facking clothes sizing. How can I be size 10 in one shop and almost ripping a size 12 pair of jeans in another? Worse still I bought 2 pairs of jeans from the same line in the same shop at the same time, but the black pair are tighter than the blue pair. What is that about???

The bread is a big thing for me. I lost 2 stone in 2 months quitting bread. It helps because I find I eat a lot less cheese and butter now I don't have sandwiches. I am trying to have fruit for breakfast or a "healthy fat"/protein thing (this morn avocado and bacon was nice), lunch tends to be poached white fish and poached egg and a "normal tea" but I make everything from scratch really (except sausages, stock cubes that sort of thing) so my evening meal will contain "naughty" things like fried food, pastry and stuff, even a rare naan bread as a treat. I did lose loads, but it has stopped now even though I have stopped eating any junk.I can't cycle up the road and back :(And another thing; facking clothes sizing. How can I be size 10 in one shop and almost ripping a size 12 pair of jeans in another? Worse still I bought 2 pairs of jeans from the same line in the same shop at the same time, but the black pair are tighter than the blue pair. What is that about???

Being massively interested in baking my own bread doesn't help! Especially as I am on a mission to bake the perfect French baguette!

I have started asking neighbours and friends if they like bread and giving away most of my baking....

As for clothes sizing. WTF? In some shops I am medium, in others XXL.

Does nothing for the self esteem when buying XXL!

:-)

Edit... Size 10 or 12? Hardly lardy surely?

'Different shops, different sizes' according to my missus, anyhow. To be fair, I've tried size 13 shoes which were too tight yet had 11s that had loads of room. I wouldn't beat yourself up over the exercise, it's a slow but sure process and if you only get a little fitter each time you do it, then you're going the right way.

I'm a right fat get now but can do 50 mile bike rides without too much trouble. 

And the worse bit, about the flab I mentioned... I am losing inches... from everywhere except my flabby bits, so now they look even bigger FFS.

The body sheds weight in all the hard to notice places first, IIRC. So the midrift paunch that I have is the last thing to go.  I read somewhere that measuring is much better than weighing yourself. It's definitely something to keep at - 30 days is fantastic to keep going on a diet like that!  In any case it's the next six months that will see the flabby bits reduced. I just wish I had the willpower to keep going for that long.

That's funny! But it's also a serious point: if you're size 10 or 12 and think you're overweight, are you certain you're looking at yourself objectively?

Quite so.

However all is relative. If someone went from petite (size 6 or so) to size 12 then presumably they would be concerned?

I know its not massive, but I was bigger than I ever have been over the last 3 or 4 years. Getting there now though, it's just the wobbly bits need toning up.

Thanks Meshking, one thing I do have on my side is a stubbornness and refusal to be proved wrong. OH said there was no way that would be my last coffee, so... challenge accepted!

Just hoping I get fitter, really.

Mostly I'm happy, but it IS my fatass that is bothering me still! I think it is genetic that we carry out weight on our hips and thighs in this family, <hoping mom doesn't get interested in crappy old cars>

My biggest concern is being able to breathe when I do anything more than amble about on the flat. I want to be running about with my kids, not stopping every two minutes. Plus the dog has been left low on the priorities since the babies arrived, now they are that kind of age where they won't miss me for an hour, the pooch to 5k thing is a really nice thing to do FOR him, and WITH him.