The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I suppose I have listed a lot more stuff than I have actually sold so that probably explains a lot.

Ah you need to wait for the free listing weekend (this weekend actually and usually every 2 weeks) so at least you don't get stiffed for listing fees.

Check very carefully. More than once those thieving bastards have taken money off me for things that hadn't happened, by which I mean for a few months they basically just sort of guessed I was still selling stuff and lobbed random fees at me. I found out by pure chance (I'm a lazy get and don't check things all the time) and I ended up getting a rebate off them.

Someone has been vandalising my cars lately...

1966667_10203357094237335_634279989_n.jp

That red stripe that goes from the polo across to the 340 is...

Wait for it!

Tomato sauce!

They really showed me!

I haven't washed it off yet, they also sprinkled some flour on the volvo so one side of it feels like sandpaper.

yesterday i found some bread sprinkled on the bonnet and some more bird shit...

I park my cars in a free public carpark that's always full during the day and empty at night, maybe someone thinks i'm bringing down the neighbourhood with shit cars, I think a wireless camera from Aldi is in order!

met office

threatened bad water all week for this side of the cuntree........

rained last night a little and it was to carry on into today all day

seen fuck all :(

was gonna go lakeland motor museum.........

ffs

gonna read the practical classics from sporty now while listening to gaa footy and making tea,,,,,,,

Changed the thermostat twice now - and they've been dodgy both times! Diesel Astra is struggling with a miserable 30 - 35mpg until someone can manage to send me a flipping working thermostat!!

Also, people who buy something a tiny bit out of the norm and then casually call it a 'track toy' even though they've never been anywhere near a track and never intention of doing so. Just call it your 'midlife crisis mobile you'll never drive before selling it without tax or MOT' toy.

'Yah, it's just my track toy ...'

PRETENTIOUS C&NT

You think at the age of nearly 42, I'd have realised by now that consuming obscene quantities of alcohol will result in a hangover the size of a small country the next day.

Looks like I haven't.

I'm another 8 years on top and I haven't learnt about the ale either.

A friend asked me to look at the exhaust on her Scenic today. Its a '99 DTI and the exhaust has snapped clean in two just aft of the front silencer. Its the original exhaust, and there is no way to remove it without either cutting it or removing the rear beam.

No, I dont mean that the joins are rusted together or anything, its all one piece! The downpipe comes off the turbo and curves under the car, then there is a flange joint to the rest of the system, which is cat, first silencer, a bend over the rear beam, then the back box and it is all one piece! I assume it was fitted to the car before the rear suspension. Looking at the parts available, it would seem you have to cut the old system after the cat and near the rear beam and replace the whole lot with a two-part job which has a sleeve to fit over the cut you make at the cat and a normal join to allow it to fit over the rear beam then fit the back box.

Impossible to weld it where it has snapped either as its pretty snug up in the tunnel, so would only be able to weld a small section on the bottom and no way to get at the top of it.

I've looked back at least half a page and can't see this rant has happened yet, so: Insurance.

I know I need it, I know it does me a favour in the event of my binning my car into a police station or something. I can't stand people who think they can drive around without it. I can even see why it costs so much, when a car accident plus whiplash plus legal cover plus all that other shite tots up.

But what annoys me, is it going up for no reason.

Last year, me and SWMBO got a joint policy. 2009 Focus, 2008 Touran, business use on both, I've got 8 years NCB and she had none. £660 or something.

This year, with another years NCB on both, everything else unchanged, the renewal comes through at £841.

I go on Admiral's website, get a new quote with identical details, £736.

That suggests that they're trying to make a quick buck. Even if you ignore the original cost - Mrs_P only had 320 days insurance or something to bring her into line with me, so they both renew on the same day; so you put on another 40-odd days it bumps the cost up (but not much) - the fact is that to renew costs over £100 more than to take out a new policy. WHY? With collectively two more years NCB?!

How did laying new floor tiles in the bathroom become:

Lay new floor tiles

Replace bath panel

Repaint skirting

Tile in window reveal

Re-grout tiles

Paint coving

Replace bath taps

Paint walls

Paint medicine cabinet

Replace shower screen

The worse thing is I seem to have suggested all the extra work myself, some of which after reading a home improvement magazine in an optician's waiting room...

I R LORUNCE LOOELIN BOEIN  :roll: 

I saw an ad in one of the classic car papers for a car which I am interested in, and also noticed from the description that it was remarkably similar to one coming up at auction. So, being seriously interested, having wanted one of these cars for years now, picked up the blower at 8 pm. Here's a fairly accurate transcript of the brief ensuing conversation:

DIALLING TONE

WOMAN ANSWERS

ME: Good Evening, I phoning about the ...... ..... you have for sale.

SELLER: No, I don't wanna talk about it now, it's getting too late.

ME (taken aback somewhat): OK, well what's a good time to talk, then?

SELLER: Infact, no, I don't wanna talk about it all. Thank-you.

Phone gets put down.

I've never come across anything like this before - it doesn't seem to be the ideal way of trying to sell a car. I was seriously interested in that car aswell. I'll be waiting for another now, though.