The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Went to Glasgow over the weekend (read I wanted to drive through it to get to Troon) but my sat nav was having a pedantic day of it and sent me towards the centre to take a left turn only it was blocked due to some over achievers in lycra suits arsing about on bikes so I spent a lovely hour making a tour of the centre before ending back where I started.   The lights there are a joke, 2 seconds on green then 5 minutes on red and some phobia over turning right.

I made sure to ignore it on the way back especially after being fobbed off in the petrol station with some weird blue fiver, even though I'd picked 5p up off the floor and given it to the guy behind the counter as a freebie, had to dump the dodgy money in the ticket machine at Birmingham Airport today.

And a big shout to the Police and Highways agency for closing the A64 through Malton yesterday even though the digger that had fallen over was under the bridge not even on the road, then standing around doing nothing when they could have walked down the road telling the poor bastards trying to get to Malton the other way to turn around.

AD, if it's any consolation, cats usually know when they're about to die, and choose a favourite 'quiet place' to drift off in (my parents had a fairly large, sheltered garden and had 3 or 4 of their neighbours' cats go there to die). Any age over 15 is a good innings, especially for a male - the main thing is that he had a good home while he was alive, at least for the last few years.

'Tis a shame about the Mog Dicky, We have had two just "wander off" in the last 5 years, and another that just won't die. She disappears for a week, and like tonight, came back, but never came in. I'm certain she has an old lady feeding her titbits.... and you know what, that makes me happy, because she's a lovely cat, and deserves better than being bullied by our other two mousers. Your old tom had a good final home. Remember him over a bottle of Robinson's "Old Tom".

Along the lines of the above roads grump, M1 CHAOS today - they closed the whole motorway for many hours cos of a lorry fire. Anyway, I took a "detour" to get home from work and spent 90 minutes to do 5 miles through Killamarsh, because of some temporary traffic lights turning the main rat run round the closed northbound M1 into a single lane of traffic, with 50/50 timing but no traffic coming the other way.

I got to the traffic lights and the were only there because they were digging the fucking verge up outside someones house - there wasn't any intrusion to the carriageway at all. They could have just moved the cones out of the way, fucked off home an hour or two early and saved thousands of people hours of delays. Absolute ballbags.

Along the lines of the above roads grump, M1 CHAOS today - they closed the whole motorway for many hours cos of a lorry fire. Anyway, I took a "detour" to get home from work and spent 90 minutes to do 5 miles through Killamarsh, because of some temporary traffic lights turning the main rat run round the closed northbound M1 into a single lane of traffic, with 50/50 timing but no traffic coming the other way.

I got to the traffic lights and the were only there because they were digging the fucking verge up outside someones house - there wasn't any intrusion to the carriageway at all. They could have just moved the cones out of the way, fucked off home an hour or two early and saved thousands of people hours of delays. Absolute ballbags.

Know what you mean with the M1 CHAOS, and its not like an occasional thing these days, especially in that section.  Noticed that the A614/A60 was a bit more busy than usual

Ebay mongtards. I had the good fortune to win a prized 17 inch knobbly for the back of my dominator, not critical just at the moment but I thought I'd get in whilst the price was right.

Signed in tonight and found a message from the seller saying that the item has been re-listed as it didn't make the non fucking existent) reserve. What a cockspanner.

this evening i was trying to throw some paint at my sunbeam.

as i was painting outdoors i had to wait until all the cars in the area left.

just as i was about to start spraying this turned up.

IMAG1503_zps6acb07a7.jpg
IMAG1504_zps011a72be.jpg
IMAG1505_zps3797e17a.jpg
IMAG1506_zps71cc489e.jpg
IMAG1507_zpsf2b58b52.jpg
IMAG1508_zps0addab15.jpg

2 part grump really

now much as I like a nice fiat coupe , I had just mixed up a litre of paint, done a test pattern and was about to go guns blazing.

chap with the 512bbi ended up chatting for 1 1/2 hours with the mechanics about fitted kitchens mostly.

this made me grumpy as i was chasing the light to get the job done, and no-one gave a toss about my wish to crack on.

I tried to shoo matey off politely with talk of overspay but he did not budge.

my final ploy was to bore him with my knowledge of michelin trx tyres as found on his vehicle but even this did not make him leave.

I eventually gave up and just stood in the background looking crossly at the setting sun.

when he did leave my gun was clogged and i had to rush to get to a point where i could stop.

and my painting looks rubbish :evil:

second grump is that the immaculate ferrari was a new purchase by someone who appeared to know less about them than i did, and professed to have bought the £170k car 'to make money'.

fair play to him his money is his own and i have no issue with people 'investing' but my grump is that its a shame the car seemed to be wasted on him :roll:

Ebay mongtards. I had the good fortune to win a prized 17 inch knobbly for the back of my dominator, not critical just at the moment but I thought I'd get in whilst the price was right.

Signed in tonight and found a message from the seller saying that the item has been re-listed as it didn't make the non fucking existent) reserve. What a cockspanner.

You need to leave him bad feedback for it, then bid again and repeat the process.

You need to leave him bad feedback for it, then bid again and repeat the process.

And you need to let us know the item number so we can bid it up to the stratosphere and then not pay and message him SRY M8 Thort it would fit my Reliant

I have no idea what colour you wanted to spray your Talbot in, but I sure as fugg know that that Fiat coupe would be that colour now had I been you.

someone else's customer - so not really fair game.

and i was throwing paint around in a 'public' thoroughfare :grin:

was a bit frustrated though, all good now (until i see how the paint turned out :-?:D )

As lazy as I might* sometimes* appear to be, I would like to be able to DO MY EFFING JOB with equipment from the last 400 years or so, thanks.

My PC is out of action again.  Since February (when I moved into my parents' house) it has eaten a motherboard and two graphics cards.  The most recent graphics card death is odd because it all worked fine when my friend in Sheffield fixed it, I even used the computer and played on it for a bit.  However, by the time I'd driven home (sensibly avoiding the M1 and all the associated drama, happy coincidence that) and plugged the PC in the graphics card had died.  How this happened I have no idea and there seems to be no logical reason for it.

Most annoying of all about this is the fact that I can't get to any of my photographs that are locked away on the hard drive on my PC so I can't do my blog and other updates that I'd like to.  I'm also stifled as to how much work I can do - because I'm slowly returning to work now, which is a good thing - as all my references and contact details are also locked up in my other PC.  Oh well, just another big expense to add to the list.

The BBC and it's wall to wall coverage of Glastonbury. TV, Radio1, Radio2 and Radio6 all CONTSTANTLY going on about bloody Glastonbury.

It's not that I don't want to watch it on the telly or whatever but every single employee of the BBC seems to be heading there and it's all they seem to bloody go on about.

I hear the tickets sell out every year in minutes, and all are bought by ticket touts and people called Miles who take their horrid hippy kids and get drunk on wine at a music festival while spending the entire weekend in a tent that cost more than my entire outing watching awesomeness at Donnington Monsters Of Rock 1996.

I'd rather spend a weekend at the Auschwitz Festival 1941 than with these awful people.

My PC is out of action again.  Since February (when I moved into my parents' house) it has eaten a motherboard and two graphics cards.  The most recent graphics card death is odd because it all worked fine when my friend in Sheffield fixed it, I even used the computer and played on it for a bit.  However, by the time I'd driven home (sensibly avoiding the M1 and all the associated drama, happy coincidence that) and plugged the PC in the graphics card had died.  How this happened I have no idea and there seems to be no logical reason for it.

Most annoying of all about this is the fact that I can't get to any of my photographs that are locked away on the hard drive on my PC so I can't do my blog and other updates that I'd like to.  I'm also stifled as to how much work I can do - because I'm slowly returning to work now, which is a good thing - as all my references and contact details are also locked up in my other PC.  Oh well, just another big expense to add to the list.

Are you sure the power supply is working okay? A faulty one can mess up components if its output is erratic. 

I hear the tickets sell out every year in minutes, and all are bought by ticket touts and people called Miles who take their horrid hippy kids and get drunk on wine at a music festival while spending the entire weekend in a tent that cost more than my entire outing watching awesomeness at Donnington Monsters Of Rock 1996.

I'd rather spend a weekend at the Auschwitz Festival 1941 than with these awful people.

Add VW campers and novelty wellington boots and you are spot on.

I'd love to see the Rolling Stones but the thought of sharing a field with crusty, dreadlocked 'hipsters' and twats with posh wellies fills me with loathing. I'd be also willing to bet the posh willies kids call them by their first name and equally the parents call them 'guys'.

If I ever, EVER go anywhere with my kids and shout out 'hey guys' in their direction then I would fully deserve to be beaten half to death with a BFO spade.

@Conrad:  Brand new power supply that hasn't shown any signs of being faulty.  I'm told there's nothing wrong with it by people more in the know than I.  I'm just going to buy a new computer when I have the funds and put up with the current bodge.  I'm just not sure which route I'm going as the computer was a little bit overspecced for what I need so a laptop might be a more sensible replacement and may well be cheaper.