The grumpy thread

outlaw118

How about Retrogeezer's Bluebird? Seems like a hell of a lot of car for the money!

It's loads of car for the money, but it's just not "me". The main reason for selling the 306 was this 106, which is what's also making me grumpy bacause I've got that nagging voice telling me I should have kept the 306 for the easy life.

Thanks, Billy, that's a top offer. I'm going to look into the train, to be honest, as Skattrd says. The ticket's not much different to the cost of petrol there and back, so it's probably the best way. Knowing my luck, it'll be a million miles from the nearest station!

I don't think Rob is that far from the station mate, we went there in Pete's Jag to get the 309 for Mini-Mad once. When are you planning on going anyhow? I'm free most of tomorrow and probably Monday afternoon after about 2.00, even if you just get to Chester I could pick you up and take you to Rob's.

Looks like I've got it sorted! Going by train, probably after work tomorrow. It's a bit late, seeing as I don't finish until 8pm, so I won't get to Wrexham until nearly 10.30, but Rob has said he's ok with that, so it means I'll have Monday free, and won't need a lift home from work.

Sorted, grump dome. Back to normal.

Dremel 3000 in B&Q reduced to £29.00, none left so went to another one, none there either, next one had some but at the original price and wouldn't entertain selling them at the same price as the other branches. :roll:

And another minus for none of them selling the "wires" for the strimmer I bought from them, so I'm resorting to cutting line into pieces instead.

Who's admin on the Autoshite FB page?. Two massive shiny bellends have joined up after getting the boot from the Scrapyard finds group and have already started spamming posts saying how shit cars are, (A Renault 11 in this example). One owns a OFAH's yellow Reliant Supervan, need i say any more?.

One owns a OFAH's yellow Reliant Supervan, need i say any more?.

No! That tells us exactly what sort of massive throbbing bell end you're dealing with.

What do you mean? Sounds pretty wacky and original to me. I bet he's a right laugh!

An eBay seller being a turd: I want to buy their car (or to be exact, my son does) and have gone to some trouble to make it happen, not the least of which was our very own Barrett going out of his way to look at the car and ring me up with a brilliant report on it.

I've got a Shipley bloke on stand by with a great quote and can get the whole bleeding shebang set up in a flash and the seller is playing silly buggers :roll:

I hate to say it, but they are probably the kind of lowlife fuckwits we're going to have all over this forum once new people can join again...

Undoubtedly. Whoever ends up with the job of admin is going to be pretty busy for the first few weeks I reckon.

Sellers who put 'no dreamers' in their adverts, what a bunch of knobs.

I don't mean people who offer scrap prices for any car no matter what it is or the condition its in, those guys are tools. But I find it annoying to see that written in adverts by sellers as a sort of 'pre-emptive strike' when the car they are trying to shift is already comically over-priced by these chancers.

They know in their bones that realistically the price they are asking is a joke and they do it to cow any purchaser out of bringing them back to earth.

No dreamers? GTF!

I often put 'no dreamers', its as useful as 'no timewasters' and 'no halfwits', if you don't put it you're leaving yourself wide open to even more thick fuckers ringing up than usual. If you put it I reckon some folk do ask themselves if they are a dreamer and conclude that they are one, and so give it a miss.

In a similar sort of vein, has anyone ever had someone ring up about an item you're selling and say 'Yeah, I'm a right timewaster, I'm just pissing about really and will probably let you down'?

I only ask because whenever I offer to deliver something and state clearly I want the fuel costs up front, no excuses and no exceptions, I always get at least one knob rocket that says 'Yeah, just bring it round to me I live in (usually a minimum of 50 miles away) and I'll give you all the money then. I'm dead honest and don't mess about'.

Obv. these kind of chancers are roundly ignored though.

i just had some prick in america ask me what my 'last price' is on something i sold last week. I was happy to tell them my 'last price' was the price i sold it at, and as they had hung on until the end of the auction hoping to get it cheap they lost out.

think i might put "timewasters and americans need not apply" on my ebay ads in future.

I left the AS Facebook group. It really isn't worth the effort. I had some great pictures lined up and everything - including the recovery of my Wirral shite - but I can't be arsed with it. Far too incendiary.

Don't worry, the rest of the grump will be along in a couple of seconds.

Firstly, work. I liked that job. Note the use of the past tense. Now they want to cut 2/3 of my hours back down to weekends. Given that I had to go through a horrible consultation to get said shift in the first place, I am not prepared to take this lying down. The fact that they won't discuss it with me and have strung the issue out for nine days is not helping things.

Secondly, Uni - again. I appeared as a phone guest on a radio programme that reviewed happy students were with their courses. Reluctantly [from not wishing to be made the poster child for the University to go after] I went on and described the [many] things that went wrong during my degree. I wasn't vicious [i could have been had I wanted], but didn't pull any punches either.

We complained as a group before, with little success, and tried to get things changed. Now the director of the school is after me for a formal chat because the Vice Chancellor regarded my comments as a series of official complaints. I am not prepared to speak for the rest of the students on my course - frankly, I did it as a favour to the producer because he was short of guests. Also, what's the point of me going to the head of year now - what good will it do? I \ we won't get what we wanted, the time has passed. There's only one thing I want off that place, and that's my degree certificate - and then to be left well alone.

I don't want to engage with people right now. I'm sick of them.

Like I said in the sale thread, i'd have it if you end up getting desperate and are considering the scrap route. No need for another car ATM, i'd just stick it under a cover on the drive or something.