The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Snots of weld burning through all my clothing, landing in my ear etc etc and a 100% shit quality job overall.

Be very cautious with welding splatter. it bloody hurts when you hear the sound of bacon frying deep inside your ear,

two years ago now and I still cant hear properly from the passenger side ear,

I have lost count of how many hearing tests ive endured,

its a bit of a shock to the doctor when he hears that I could whistle from my ear, I cant even put it under water without giving serious pain, it makes you think twice,

That was with a full face mask as well damn splatter bounced in behind it of chassis rail :shock:

I stopped using MSN a few years ago when MSN decided they wanted to make half the window a running advert. I use Facebook Messenger all the time at work and phone, seeing as pretty much everyone I know is on it.

Was told they had transferred over to Skype, which is a bit mad.

I don't usually rant.

I don't usually use foul language on t'internet, but....

If a local authority is repairing a road, why must they close that entire sodding road?

I drive trucks at night for my sins. 44 tonners. Big bastards.

A couple of weeks ago, I was given the task of delivering to two stores, Eastbourne first, then onto Whitstable. It's a bit of an arse getting from Eastbourne to Whitstable in a truck, so I thought, A259, A2070, M20, A2, then A299 and bobs your uncle, you're there. Got as far as Dover docks, went to turn right up Jubilee Way, the A2, and.......road closed. Shit, where do I go now? Turn back. Past Folkestone and back onto the M20 Junction 9. Yep, I'll use the A251 Ashford-Faversham road. It's a poxy road, narrow and twisty, but at night, do-able. Got halfway across and...... road closed. For FUCKS SAKE. Thoughtfully, they'd put the closure signs at a bit of a T junction, so was able to spin round. All the way back to the M20 and ended up going right down to Junction 7, up Detling hill and onto the M2. Now all this doesn't look much in print, but the journey took bloody hours. No warnings about the roads being closed.

Monday night just gone. Was given a delivery to Sevenoaks Riverhead store as my second job of the night. I like this trip and the store. They turn you round quickly and you're on your way again. Anyway, got right down into Sevenoaks town, went to turn left on the road to the store (about a quarter mile away) and..... road closed. I just sat there. I didn't know where to go. One of the workmen told me to do a u turn and follow the diversion signs. There was only one sign which put me back on the M25????????? The only other way I knew into the store which is lorry-friendly, took me an hour. There is another way in, but your thinking 'low bridges, width restrictions etc.

So, please, local authorities, if you're going to repair a road, can't you do it one side at a time, so we can still get through?

I'm bloody scared to leave the depot now.

Rant over. Feel better.

Roll on tonight........

Day off work to day (May day).

Spent the morning removing a nasty virus from my PC. It's called a 'Police' virus - basically a screen comes up saying you have been downloading stuff illegally and you have to pay a fine or you'll be arrested in 72 hours, and locks you out of your computer. Scared me a bit but having researched it on the mobile I found out it's increasingly common. Worst virus I've ever experienced, apart from that time I had to visit the 'special' clinic.

Re: welding spatter down the ear canal - I realised the dangers of this ages ago and always wear earplugs, even if they're made of snot-rag. I'd prefer my hearing to be ruined by close-proximity racing cars or music gigs.

Tesco last week: 3 litre bottles of veg oil=£3.00.

Tesco this week: 3 litre bottles of veg oil=£4.55.

Luckily I had my fiver off coupon and still managed to clear them out of the 5 and 15 litre ones.

I took the last couple of 5 litre ones (as you said 2 for 10) and three 15 litre drums.

I'd buy more of the 15 litre ones in future but it works out at .017p per litre more than my current supplier and the round trip to the nearest supplying Tesco is about 190 yards further.

Had the Civic for a week now - All going well apart from some weird noise from the clutch/gearbox...

Ask Cousin for the detachable part of the tow bar to get response "I threw it away". No bother, I thought... Go to the Scrappy and get one...

Beck Row breakers in Mildenhall must have 20 Civics (Less now, as 4 got cubed when I was there!!) and not one with a tow bar. Been to 10 breakers yards and covered many miles looking for one but no cigar. Honda want £230 for the detachable bit and I'm getting a bit pissed off as I MUST collect SWMBO's Moped from Wales before I get shouted at/start my new job/stop being taxi service!!!!

Anyone got a Honda Civic 1999 Tow bar!?

(Rover 45's may apply too!)

thought the whole point of cars was that you can put a moped in the back? :?::lol:

Unless its a seperate booted saloon,stick it in the back!

I managed to get a 1940s autocycle (precursor to the moped) INSIDE a Skoda Rapid,through the side door (bought it before realising i had gone to the autojumble in the Skoda haha.And have had a whole Vespa inside a Reliant Robin hatchback,with the hatch shut.

In the excitement of putting the BX engine bits back on I've managed to lose a bolt down the back that I can't see or reach as the car is on the deck, I think I've cross-threaded another somehow and in trying to start the car I've flattened the battery. I have FAILED at car today.

my right knee is far worse than the left. Really hurts to kneel, takes ages to straighten my leg again if I have been kneeling and going up/down stairs is really painful too.

I feel like an old man when I have to get stuff from low down in a supermarket..

why is it when there is a child missing, or a child murder case in the courts, up pop the mccanns to give an interview? :evil:

these people have no shame. Just because they have not been convicted, doesnt make them innocent.

Ha! If you want cripple top trumps I'm 38, and got the diagnosis last year.... February's MRI result (which only came last week FFS....) sez bonus arthritic spine!!! I'd echo what Retrogeezer says, and add the "leaving the cinema like you've shat yourself" to the list too.

Ho-hum, I've just stuck all my eggs in a nice no stairs detached residence (bungalow) and decided to retire at 55... While I'm still mobile!

Ive got spondylosis in my lower spine, arthritis in my neck, my knees are mega fucked after spending the last 25 years using them as cushions/hauling myself up poles and im nearly 50 and cant afford to retire.

Its fair to say that, somehow, i will have to carry on till retirement age when I will finally not have to work If I dont mind spending my last years not having a pot to piss in.

Ive no real pension ( children/mortgage meant i couldnt afford to make the payments at the time) and Im thinking positive in the Mr Micawber vein "something will turn up"...yeah win the lottery :roll:

Live for today, fuck tomorrow.

Checkmate.

Can't sleep as I'm bouncing off the walls, buzzing like shit, got an electronic ciggy this morning and been pissing around with it but now realise I've probably done a months worth of nicotine. The ciggy seems a good thing, nicotine is pretty essential to me as living within the M25 means I am constantly confronted by jerks, freaks and weirdos who absolutely demand I slaughter them, if I give in then I'm going to get into trouble because the law is an ass and will define wasting scum as naughty. Back to the fancy ciggy, it's called an Ego-T and is simple to use, doesn't stink like proper fags, quite pleasant, there's a big range of oils to burn in it, I've been using one called Bens Hedge, but weirdly there's a taste of apple to it, I might yet try cherry or Tesco veg oil for economy. Typical Chinese shit though, nicely made and good quality but then let down by the USB charger mains adaptor, not really compliant as there's insufficient shrouding around the mains pins, no big deal, that is until I unplugged the bastard and it left its live pin in the fucking socket, the one circa 1970 socket with no switch, that was fun challenge, now did I pull the fuse for the downstairs ring, which would necessitate reprogramming all manner of telly / phone / modem bollocks, or did I dig it out using a fork and a marigold?

bet you were buzzing after taking the plug out ...

My grump is smart cars! In particular roadsters!

Mine has been dying for a chunk of last year. Recovered home with the car refusing to go in to gear in October last year and parked up. I knew the clutch was worn down to about 30%. Last night finally looked at it and it steadfastly refuses to acknowledge that it should start when you turn the key. Shows fault P0702, which is a transmission issue. Took the actuator off and it looks like it has seized as there is no movement at all in it. £200 for a new one!

Will perhaps try and clean and grease it this weekend but not holding out much hope for the thing.

The Facebook group. Just left it as the signal:bellend ratio seems to have taken a huge turn for the worse recently. Bah.

Aye, what started off as a decent page has quickly deteriorated into a gathering of twats. :(

I've been half way through writing out some "WTF are you talking about, you know fuck all about fuck all..." type responses to some of the more ill-informed cockgobblers on there recently, but life's too short. :roll: